solo vs pax thread, need to decide.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Yummybud20, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Pax has better portability than the solo but consequently suffers in vape quality and battery life when compared (its still good) and uses conduction (weed contacts the heat source) for heating rather than convection (hot air flow contacts the weed)
    Solo has better quality since its glass on glass heating and is also convection, which makes for a much smoother and tastier vape. It suffers in portability however, in addition to being bigger, it also requires you to carry around the glass stem which is vulnerable to breaking and can be combersome at times.
    Its a trade-off, theres no best vape, it all depends on what you prioritize. Vape Quality or stealthiness and portability?

2. ^ ya not from the u.s

3. i'm also looking for durability. I can't afford to buy a new vape every couple of months. starting september i'm going back to school and won't be working.  I need portability but i'm sure I can take the solo out with me at night for a session outside. I usually just get stoned at night. so I don't need a vaporizer to carry around all day. 

also to me the pax doesn't seem like it's worth 300 bucks....that's the price around her at least.

4. #24 Governmentcheese, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    There's been a good bit of exchange about portability. Let me clarify something. The Solo isn't just portable because it has a rechargeable battery. It's still quite concealable (yes, it can fit in a pocket, just not as cleanly as the PAX). One of the best ways I've found is to find a fountain drink style cup with a lid that is the right size and simply drop the Solo in there. The stem comes out the top of the lid and unless scrutinized closely, you'd think it was just a drink.

I've even tried several variations, like putting some paper towels in the cup too to stabilize it a bit better and even dropping a little stash container under the Solo in the cup to raise it up a bit. Lotta things you can do to maximize stealth with the solo. I have a buddy that walked around the grocery store with his "cup" and even ripped it in the store a couple times and no one was the wiser. Kinda stupid if you ask me, but he did it to show me.

Bottom line is most people aren't as aware as we all might think and simply behaving like a responsible citizen is often stealth enough if you keep your head. Don't be loud, don't be confrontational, be friendly and go about your business. I'm not 20 any more, but if I was, I still wouldn't wear baggy pants halfway down walking through the mall practically shouting on my cell phone, nor would I ride through a parking lot blasting music. So many behaviors these days seem to be attention-seeking behaviors. Veer away from those and you start to blend in better. Just saying.

5. I got my Solo Saturday. WOW! Using a lot less than I was using my EQ! Very impressed. Used my EQ once since I got it. I'll just use the EQ with company.

CAN'T BEAT THE SOLO! Using 1/2 the amount of medicine! Did I say VERY IMPRESSED?

Got it on eBay-EASY VAPE-authorized dealers-$129.00- ARRIVED WITHIN 2 days -came with a nice grinder!

6. if you break the glass piece I guess you can always buy another one..... i'm pretty sure they sell replacements.