Whats the best herb grinder for me?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Leaf, Aug 9, 2013.

1. #1 Leaf, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    Hi, I'm still new to smoking and after posting my previous thread about bongs it lead me to wonder what grinder I should use to grind my weed. ​
    I read and watched multiple videos about how aluminum grinders are bad because they leave metal shavings in your weed which I got paranoid and decided to remove aluminum grinders from my list completely no matter how good the grinder was.​
    Then I looked at Acrylic grinders and immediately I didn't want one because it was just cheap plastic and watched a video of the acrylic blades breaking or not grinding well while in use.​
     ​
      After I seen the grinder I really wanted! it was the diamond grinder from the420site.com I heard lots of good things about the grinder and right when I was going to order I found out they don't ship to Canada only the United States. >_< (If you know where I can buy them in Canada please tell me)​
     ​
    So, now I'm considering getting a wooden grinder which seems to have no dangerous or health threatening reviews it's just that it doesn't grind up the bud as good as people want and still leaves chunks of weed. SO please help me decide what type of grinder I should get I'm very confused and lost.​
     ​
    This video pretty much sums up everything i'm trying to explain so I recommend watching it:​
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tli578MAC6Q

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't fucking know what's the best kind of grinder. When  I got mine I just went to my local headshop and got the best one that they had for my budget. It ended up being an aluminum grinder that is painted black, I think they showed it in that video when they were showing examples of aluminum grinders. I'm pretty sure it doesn't leave any aluminum in my weed though, but there is some paint missing from two of the teeth, so I would suggest steering away from painted grinders. I only spent $25 on mine because it was on sale for 4/20. Overall I am happy with mine, so I don't think there's a problem with aluminum. 

BTW If you want to purchase one online I would recommend looking on the Grasscity shop because I think they ship internationally, and I know they have a huge selection of grinders. 

3. Go with the only medical grade grinder

Santa Cruz Shredder

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 huyy111, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    images.jpg <-- The grinder that I use is the original container to my hardware (Diamond Torey Pudwill hardware/grinder case)

5. this looks incredible! They don't ship to Canada so i'll see if my local shop carries the grinder. I had no idea about the Al, but he seems to be a little dramatic lol

6. Hey I actually found out they do ship to Canada and worldwide too! if you email them they will reply and tell you that they are trying to find a U.S postal service that ships worldwide for cheaper so there is no option yet. But, they will send you a Paypal Request and they will be able to ship the grinder to Canada for $27 (Better than the $30 one I was looking at) I've already ordered and recieved my grinder :D

7. Sharpstone has some dope grinders

8. spacecase , indestructible 

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bro just get a Space Case. Only aluminum grinder that's 100% guaranteed not to throw off any shavings. You'll pay for it though, that's for sure, but if you have around $100 I think the metal one would suite you better. Plus show me a wooden grinder that collects kief. :bongin: Damn I need to get a Space Case actually. Fuck.

10. Santa Cruz Shredder is the best grinder!

• Like Like x 2
  11. check out Diamond grind  and ergo.  Up to 3 removable screens one is silk.  Fantastic grinders

12. ERGO

Attached Files:

13. I got a Cosmic from my local headship and I love it! Anodized aluminum, it's all magnetic. And has a nice gasket on the top, which is nice. I can put my nose anywhere on it and won't smell a thing. I love it. But I did pay for it, $70 to be exact.

14. Sharpstones r the best

15. space case is the best but pricy. Sharpstone is pretty solid as well and cheaper. I found some good reviews here

16. In my opinion, acrylic grinders really aren't that bad. I know that there are fancier grinders out there, with more chambers and all that mumbo jumbo. But my acrylic grinder has lasted me a long time, and it's really all that I need.

I know this topic is dead, I just thought I'd throw that out there, since nobody else even mentioned acrylic as an option. LOL.  Maybe I'm just low maintenance. 

17. yes it is dead and yes, someone did mention acrylic. now let us bury this thread properly. [​IMG]

18. Get a good quality grinder, aluminum. Get a space case or a Santa Cruz shredder. Anything else is a waste imo.

But I don't even use my $85+ space case anymore since I dab mostly. Let me know if you want to work something out, has a few scratches but it still functions like new ;)

19. Hey guys, I saw a metal grinder on reddit's /r/trees like a year ago that had ridges instead of teeth. I thought it was a super cool concept but I can't seem to find anything like it online.

Does anyone know of the grinder in which I speak?!?

20. I got a space case I lost it for like 7 months and got a space case both are very very very good.