Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats going to happen to the real Medical Marijuana once Sativex gets FDA approved?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JoeVullion13254, Aug 7, 2013.

1. #1 JoeVullion13254, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    You ever hear about Sativex? Its this new big pharma cannabanoid drug that you spray in your mouth. You dont get the high ur looking for. Its looks like the FDA could soon approve it. But thats not what im worried about. Im worried that this will be used as an excuse to phase out the real medical marijuana in the 20 states that already have it, the patients that want the real thing will get screwed and be forced to use Sativex.  Anti marijuana zealots are gonna say things like "you dont need medical marijuana, we have safe legitimate medicines that work better!", "you dont need medical marijuana", "medicines arent smoked", "plants cant be medicines, those are for barbaric tribes and not for civilized humans in the 21st century". "you dont need medical marijuana", "you dont need medical marijuana" "try sativex, it works", "you dont need medical marijuana"...................   

You know what this means right? All the things the patients currently enjoy in the states that made medical marijuana legal could be gone. This means patients wont get the homegrows which they need for convenience and cost since they arent forced to leave the house and its much cheaper than sativex. . They wont get the real thing. Sativex wont give them the high they enjoy to relax. They wont get to go to the mom and pop dispensaries providing the product made locally. Those products are the best and since its made locally, it creates jobs. WIth Sativex theyre buying a product made by big pharma which has no accountability and is made overseas, and has a long record of their products killing people. Marinol has already killed 4 people. Theres no need to fix or replace the real thing. All those varieties of strains with so many differing tastes, smells, highs. All the pot edibals and pot sodas from those dispensaries they enjoy. None of that could be replaced! Marinol and Sativex is an INSULT to all the patients out there improving their lives with the real natural marijuana and having the ability to grow their own! Its the equivalent of giving someone orange flavored kool aid after they asked for real orange juice!

• Like Like x 1
  2. damn......

3. This. Sounds. Like. Hell.

I'm just glad I'm 21 and in Colorado :D

4. That was quite an interesting read haha. I like the comparison to corn!

The way I see it is that there are too many people in favor of MMJ to allow the feds to step in and regulate it with byproducts like sativex. I guess they don't realize that people are now more informed about cannabis then ever and can't be fooled by an imitation even if it is a derivative of the cannabis plant. Now I bet that product itself has some medical uses and it wouldn't hurt to see that or a similar version on the shelves of dispensaries, but trying to use it as an alternative to MMJ is just arbitrary. The people don't want an alternative, they want MMJ. I mean fuck... I want full recreational use allowed too! 

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will do the same thing I am doing now.

I will continue to grow outside the law. My health and the people I care about are more important.