Got my cat stoned for the first time :D

Discussion in 'Pets' started by geetardude, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Catnip! I better say that first :) I've always been a cat person, I've never owned a dog, but I'm not against the idea. I've had this guy for about a year and a half now. He's a rescue kitty, and he's black and fuckin' awesome. He has like 10% of one of his ears, so he's been through some shit. Anyway, I was at Petsmart earlier today, and the idea just clicked in my head. "Ya know, I've never given any of my cats catnip before. I wonder..."

I did a little research before I gave it to him, because I wasn't sure if there was like a lethal dose or anything. (If there was, I wouldn't have given him any, mind you) Plus, its always a good idea to know just what it does to them exactly. It's perfectly safe from what I understand, but no cat reacts the same. He was pretty cool. He didn't swat at invisible stuff, I guess some cats do. He just really liked to start rolling around, and getting it all over him. It was fucking adorable, I tell ya!

I gave him just a little pinch at first, then I put about 2 more little pinches on a plate for him. You could just tell he was having an awesome time, he wasn't hyper at all, just really lovey, and rolling from side to side and purring really loud. I plan on only giving him some once every 2 or so weeks. Just thought I'd share.

Btw, I don't blow weed smoke in my cat's face, THATS NOT COO!!!! Just wanted to say that

2. Saw thread title :mad:

Saw member name :eek:  :confused:

Saw first statement. :laughing:  :laughing:

Took care of the little guy, our cats used to be the same when they had some. :smoke:

3. I was about to come in here and bitch ya out lol. Sounds like ya got some good dank for the kitty though. My cat loves catnip, he gets all frisky and wants to play when hes on it, thats cool that your cat gets 'lovey' lol. I love cats there great stoner companions. 

4. Cats are the shit. They're chill little bros who just like to sleep and do whatever the fuck they want, when they want.

5. Yeah, getting animals stoned against their will isn't cool at all. One of my cats and my dog though love the smell of weed. If I set the stems aside, my cat will chew on them if I forget they're there. I have always been an animal person and wanted to be a veterinarian(spelling?) growing up, until I realized the amount of schooling need, lol. Instead, I got my associates in something totally different. Maybe I will eventually take the time and put forth the effort to pursue that. I've honestly never had an animal not like me. Pretty weird.

6. Yeah, I think he was expecting some more today. Had to tell the big guy no. Although, I think I can kind of start "training" him to sit on my lap and sleep on my bed with it. He already does that sometimes anyway, but he definitely does not like to be held. Does anyone have any experience on training cats and how to get them to like being held? I usually put him down before he jumps out of my arms, I dunno, I think it's really a trust thing, so he knows I'm not trying to make him do stuff he doesn't want to. Sometimes I don't put him down fast enough though, and he's outta there lol.

I've always had this thing with cats. I can get a fair amount of strays to come up to me, where as they'll be scared of anyone else. There are the other cases, that are just afraid of everybody, got some neighborhood cats like that.

7. My dads friend in Colorado uest to grow that stuff in his backyard lol He was an old hippie guy who looked like Doc from back to the future. But anyway we brought some back to my cat and OMG LMAO this cat was on its back and like almost moanin n shit. His eyes were as red as could be, I thought somthin was really wrong or somthin. Luckily he started easin up, and my bro said hes jus ripped lol

8. Cats are supposedly the only animals to have been seen in multiple dimensions....they are awesome!

9. retardet?? dont get a pet high-.- they have a much weaker immun system and their body cant handle any weed! even  if they enjoy it, it will shorten their lives and do them much more <span>susceptible to diseases!!</span>

10. Did you read the post? Like any of it lol?
    The first line was "On Catnip'

11. i dont know what that is, but even if its for cats, when it makes them high i cant immagine its healthy...

12. #12 squidrick420, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria

And no, its not unhealthy for cats lol. They naturally love it and it gives them a natural 'high' as one might call it. It is literally a plant that they eat the leaves of and then go ape shit for 20 minutes till they pass out from fatigue.
    I don't think I have ever met anybody who has not heard of catnip before..;

13. oh catmint ok now i know what you meant... but never heard they get high from it lol
    well i  didnt knew what it is so just see my post as a comment to the idiots who rly give weed to their pets(there are too many!)  ok? :laughing:

14. I guess its called different things in different places haha. Just trying to clear up any confusion about people smoking their cats out vs giving them catnip.

15. One of my dogs love it, the other hates it lol.

16. We put it on kitty's scratching post. I get a warm fuzzy watching our pets have fun and enjoying themselves. Kinda the same feeling I get when I hear my kids laughing,

17. You gotta get your cat a laser pointer! Our dog even like to chase it around the carpet.

18. We're not allowed to discuss getting pets high from weed, but you're making an awful lot of assumptions about weed and how it does affect pets. You know many people do the SAME thing about people smoking weed based on what they "feel" versus the science of it. They even degrade and insult people for it, just like you are willing to do. Need to be a little more open man.

19. Its quite common, I dunno about it tho. Catnips better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Xrcp6k8VE

20. #20 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013

Why so mad bro. I already told you I didn't report shit. Take your vendetta elsewhere. Whining about it is not going to get your thread back.