Where is Gotham located geographically in the US?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by onkruid, Aug 6, 2013.

1. I have. My father was a chemical engineer and we lived in The Middle East for a long time. During that time the country we lived in forced us to leave two times a year and the company paid for his flights to different areas of Europe. I have been to many European countries and visited their cities as well as a few in Asia. To boot I have family in Australia and have been there many times (of course I prefer Sydney over Melbourne).

Never been to South America or Africa, but I have heard they're not the greatest.

2. Your pretty cultured.
    But what city would you nominate for best city in the state of NY if you think NYC isn't the obvious choice

3. #23 Sparkwolf, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    Oh I don't know. I've only even to NYC, but it was just such a terrible place. Most big cities are like this, but not all.

I really just didnt care for the people, and all the consumerism really doesn't appeal to me so the city had pretty much zero appeal.

4. Interesting

5. Sorry that should be only been not only even. I'm on my phone and must have typed it in wrong and had it autocorrect.

6. Pretty sure it's supposed to be New York, the Hollywood Babylon.

7. Never got into comics, but I thought it was obviously NYC too.

If you were a super being and wanted to use your power for good, then moving to where the super villians are located seems logical. For who ever asked why he moved there.

8. I thought for sure it was Detroit.

9. I rarely, if ever, heard anybody refer to NYC by the name Gotham.

10. I always thought it was NYC

11. I think of Superman as being somewhere in California, maybe because I watched the TV show a lot as a kid and it didn't look anything like New York. I used to read the comic book also, but can't remember if the locale resembled NYC.

12. I remember the clone superboy lived in hawaii. I loved that comic. I have to say I also thought that Metropolis was in a more temperate climate as well. I do not remember any snow covered city issues, though I do not read superman a lot. Smallville is usually considered to be somewhat close to Metropolis and it is a heartland location in kansas.

13. #33 ImHighBro, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    [quote name="Lodi Dodi" post="18466128" timestamp="1375751603"]I always thought of like the NY/Boston Metropolis.There's some bodies of water in movies right? Like oceans or lakes? Fits with that area pretty sure.Then again, I thought Hey Arnold was "filmed" in New York but its actually Seattle :laughing: go figure[/quote]Hey Arnold was set in Hillwood which is a mix of Brooklyn, Portland, and Seattle. Its mostly Brooklyn tho because you can see the Brooklyn bridge during the show

Just being that guy, but NYC is not the biggest city in America.

It is the dirtiest though. Ugh.

15. I do not. An educated guess would be Southern California. And by educated I mean just high as fuck :laughing:

That Gotham/Metropolis bit is pretty cool too. Honestly though, never a DC comic guy. Some Batman.

All bout dat Marvel baby!

16. Its a metaphor dog

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Watchin Hey Arnold right now. haha

You heard the whole continents of S. America and Africa were not great? That's such a general (IMO wrong) statement,

19. And that's fine. It's your opinion. But in my opinion they aren't worth visiting when I have such limited time.

No need to get offended. You can do what you like, but I doubt I'll go to Africa or South America.

? I'm not offended or telling you where to visit, I've just never heard someone paint a whole continent not worth visiting, maybe certain parts of a country-I mean part of Europe are suffering but to say Europe isn't worth visiting, yeah, sounds insane. 

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but yes Gotham is NYC. One of our news blogs is called the Gothamist, there's Gotham tours for the history of NYC and some restaurants go by the name. I think even some public school websites go by Gotham too.