Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take you to feel it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Griffijuana, Aug 3, 2013.

1. My cousin and I were talking about him getting high the other night and I brought up how he got really high really fast. I pointed out that when he announced he was really high, I had just started to feel it. We've talked about this before and he says he thinks it's weird how I don't feel anything right away, because he says he feels the weed after the first hit. I told him I thought feeling it right away was weird. We smoke the same weed, so there's no difference in strength.

We decided to let the good people of grasscity weigh in and tell us how long it takes you to feel the weed? Is it instantly like my cousin, or is it delayed like me?

2. I feel the effects of cannabis as soon as I take the first hit. I feel pressure building up behind my eyes and I feel a huge feeling of just relaxation. At least thats how I feel when I'm smoking alone.

3. For me it's really after the 3rd hit my eyes start to feel heavy and if music is playing it kind of slows down greatly but it stays at the same tempo. If that made any sense lol
    But then I sort of feel my face muscles whenever I talk and stuff. Then the whole body just sort of relaxes

4. After a bong rip I start feelings less stressed instantly but itd take a good 3ish bowls to get me lit

5. For me its usually 4 or 5 hits til I start to notice the effects

Sent from my LG-P999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Partially feel it after one bong snap and feel the full effects after 3 hits

7. I feel it after the first few tokes and it gets me higher with more tokes, then maybe 5-10 mins or so later it'll kick in properly. Sometimes I've had to smoke a joint quickly because I've been in a shady situation or whatever and I end up thinking "oh I'll smoke half and put it away" then I smoke half and barely feel it, so I smoke the whole thing and 10 mins later i'm walking or doing something and high as shit and gotta sit down. Luckily I've learnt from that now though.

8. About 30 seconds after my first hit I can definitely feel my mood get wayyy better, and my tolerance is super high.

9. One decent hit off even a joint would get me buzzed within 10 seconds or so.

5-10 minutes into a joint or blunt and its strong.

One big bong rip will get me really high and then a couple more get me to my peak

10. I feel it almost immediately, but the 'wall' hits me about 5-10 minutes after I smoke.

11. I feel it frim the moment I wake until I fall asleep.

:blink:

BD Green

-------------------------------------

First DWC grow. 400 watt Blueberry Buddha from Beanboyz Genetics.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1231874-400-w---DWC.--Blueberry-Buddha-from-Bean-Boyz-Genetics

12. #12 IronLungHarry, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    like others said.  if you are experienced and know how weed effects you then you can feel it almost instantly. 10- 20 seconds maybe.  first place i feel it is my eyes and just get an uplift.

13. I don't know if I would call myself experienced, but i definitely know how weed affects me.

14. I find it all depends on social context. Personally, I believe that your mental state controls 90% of your high. For example, when I get stoned alone, I'm feeling it 60 seconds after the hit, and 'high' after 5 minutes. When getting stoned with a friend at my house, it's the same. When getting stoned with a friend at THEIR house, it will take longer, maybe double the time, due to the fact that my mind is not totally comfortable. I feel happy to be at my friends house, but my subconscious is not completely comfortable in this situation, and prohibits the high (which is still relatively 'foreign' to the body no matter my tolerance) for the sake of protection of myself.

Now, have you ever smoked with someone you don't know or trust? In a location that you don't understand or recognise? When I do this, it takes me a lot of cannabis to override the innate security system in my body. It acts like a firewall on a computer.  This is the same with other drugs, too. My mind knows (even if only subconsciously) that this location isn't secure. I'm anxious and not comfortable at all, so my body is not going to allow me to become super high without a fight because if shit hits the fan and I become endangered in a place I don't know, I'm in trouble. 

ANYWAY haha, the point is, it's all down to my mental state. At home, free of worries, almost immediately. In a less familiar location with other people, it'll take longer. But, inevitably, I'll be stoooooooned.  :smoke:

I know exactly what you're talking about. When I was smoking with people I didn't know in probably the most uncomfortable/unrecognized place I've smoked it took me forever to get high and I smoked a lot. Like a lot a lot.

But when I smoked up north with my cousins in probably the most scared state of mind I've ever been when smoking, I got high at my normal pace. Granted, we've been going there since we were born but this year is the first year we ever smoked up there. So we knew the terrain and felt comfortable with the area, but since my entire family was there and a good majority of them don't know I smoke, I was in a scared state of mind

16. 1 bong 2 hits :smoking: