Looking to buy a handheld... Help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blazinbabe, Aug 1, 2013.

1. I smoke weed and write most days, and usually I use a pipe. However, I'm finding it sort of irritating to keep packing a bowl when I'm smoking, plus I'm currently living at home with my parents who aren't cool with smoking. 
    Is anyone a similar smoker to me who has a vape? I'm looking for something based on the criteria above that's reasonably inexpensive... I've never priced vapes before, really, just am curious about the benefits of using it and how it's worth the money!

2. MFLB, Pax, iolite, there are quite a few out there for dry herb. I started with the MFLB, now I feel ive upgraded to Grencos microG for concentrates, I love both. But the microG is by far my favorite, plus it was half the price of the mflb!

Dry herb vapings, you can save them up and put them in edibles, feels like you're getting more out of the bud IMO. I love edibles....

3. I have been looking for the best vape pen out there. I have spent over 500 dollars on lots of different kinds. I have had the Atmos RX, The Vapor XRT, The Sticky Pen, The Omicron, and a no name black cartomizer that did C02 oil.
    There is no great individual pen straight out of the box. Each had its own distinct advantages and short comings.    :confused_2: 
    The RX worked really well for the first month, but after the 10th or 11th time the coil stopped heating up all the way and I was only able to pull small rips. Also it has a timer on the battery so it shuts off by itself. It does oils and dry herbs but dry herbs in personal vapes are a tease....    <_<
    The XRT is awesome because it has a vertical ceramic heating element with a oil cup that allows you to take great oil hits. The downside is as it oil melts it fills the bottom of the cartridge with goop and only vapes a small amount so you have to scrape and refill your cup often. It has a lock on the battery so to prevent accidental activation. It also does dry herbs which is why I bought this model in the first place. Wouldn't recommend it though, one good pull maybe two then you have to refill...    :blink:
    The Sticky Pen. Biggest waste of 60 dollars ever.    :angry:  The only nice thing about this P.O.S. was the dab tool that came with it. I was able to use this unit 3 times before it broke. The first heating element broke after the first use, I was able to get a few pulls but then it just stopped heating up. Waste of oil #1. Used the second cartridge and it worked for about 3 days. The forth day the battery flashed empty.(2nd Cartomizer filled with oil Waste #2)When I plugged it into the wall the light showed green or charged. Tried leaving it plugged in for a day. Nothing. Called stickypen customer service. Nothing. I now use the battery to pack my vapor whip, and I tossed the rest of the chincy shit and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, EVER.    :mad:
    The Omicron, by far the biggest hitter out of all these guys. This is by far my favorite cartridge, consistent large hits and you don't have to refill this cartridge everyday I fill mine about every 10 DAYS    :hello:     :metal:     :yay:. Best concentrate cartridge for the do it your self er. It even comes with a funnel to load your extracts. The only downside is the battery these things come with. Different settings and different ohm's can be confusing to someone who is new to vaping. That and other than a few online shops nobody carries these carts! Wish they were more readily available locally.
    The no name black c02 cartomizer. It cost 40 bucks. It performed better than the sticky pen but still broke after a few uses. (Waste of oil #3)
    Bottom line you get what you pay for. The more expensive pens WILL last longer and give you a better experience. My favorite combo is the Atmos RX battery with the omicron cartridge. It looks kinda funny, but it fits in the palm of your hand, doesn't look overly suspicious(more like an E-Cig than most pens) and hits like a BEAST!
    Anyway this is my .02 hope it helps. Big ups GC Massive    :bongin:

4. Cool post but I dont see how a vape pen fits what he needs at all. Sounds like he will only be using dry weed instead of concentrates from his first post.

5. both the RX and XRT do dry herbs guy. He said he wants to be discreet. I was just trying to help.

Ok but it appears you wouldnt recommend them for dry herbs.

About the RX
    About the rxt

7. well... its either these things or buy a Volcano! Those things kick butt! His parents would notice a volcano though..... Heard good things about the magic flight vape... maybe look into those?

8. What? There are plenty of vapes that could fit in to what he needs. The arizer solo, Pax by ploom, davinci ascent, Magic flight launch box, the inhalater, and the pinnacle are all good portable vaporizers that could fit what he needs. Plus there is an even bigger selection of wonderful plug in style vaporizers that could fit what he needs.

There is more to vaporizers than just vape pens and Volcanos.

9. mentioned the magic flight in my last post.... you are just looking to argue  :wave:

10. Nope I was just trying to give you some knowledge that you obviously didnt have. Take it however you want.

11. obviously... :confused:

12. I dont get why people like you get butthurt just because you dont know everything.

13. #13 milehighgreengrass, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    seems like your the one who thinks he knows everything guy. I offered advice, you felt the need to interject your two cents, and you did, again and again. Now please stop talking to me, I don't have time to argue with kids. STOP wasting my time and yours.  :hide:

14. You offered contradicting advice because you feel the need to copy paste the same message around the vaporizer forum. Im just saying this should be a forum of good advice instead of bad advice. Have a nice day.

15. how exactly was that bad advice? It was DIFFERENT than what you had to say. But bad advice?  
    "That's like your opinion, man."-The Dude
    You sure are angry for a stoner.  :confused_2:

16. Recommending vape pens to someone that wants to use dry herbs is most certaintly bad advice. I dont care if you want to be butt hurt because your advice sucked.

I am not angry. I just dont believe this place needs to be filled with bad advice.

17. #17 milehighgreengrass, Aug 2, 2013
    who cares what you believe? its what YOU believe. :p YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHORITY ON CANNABIS. :angry:  I find it funny that the OP hasn't even said one thing. Not pro you or pro me. MAYBE just MAYBE neither of our advice was good for him. Ever think of that? Maybe YOU don't have all the answers...

18. That is not just what I believe... Even you believe it was bad advice. Check how others have liked my posts, check how none have like yours.

This all just you trying to justify your self after copy/pasting like douche in a thread where it didnt fit. I never claim to have all the answers but I at least try to give relevant information based on the info OP posted unlike you.

19. #19 milehighgreengrass, Aug 2, 2013
    I forgot, if two people like your rants in a community of hundreds of thousands you must be right :laughing: . Why you gotta insult me bro? Bet your completely different face to face.  I haven't said one insulting thing about you. But you act like a little kid bro, grow the fuck up. :poke:

20. #20 BlueSoda, Aug 2, 2013
    If you have access to concentrates, i would definitely recommend the omicron v2. Just received it in the mail and i am able to vape in my room. I am staying with my parents while attending college so i have to be very cautious about the smell of weed. The light smell from the vapor goes away in seconds. I even tested it by vaping everywhere in my house and no one has said anything. Its also really dope to be able to medicate while driving without worrying about my car smelling. Also vapor doesnt irritate your lungs as much. If you live in CA, i would get it. I bought mine on sale with a life time warranty for $83 total with free 2 day shipping from vaporwarehouse. you can also buy attachments for herb. Its pretty awesome.

Its also suppose to last long. I received it yesterday and filled it up with .5 of GDP CO2 wax and so far ive taken 62, 10 second hits and its still going strong. Ive been using a counter to count the amount of hits. They promise 400+ 6 second hits out of 1 cartridge with holds 1g of wax, which comes down to 240, 10 second hits. I feel 6 seconds isnt much but you could feel differently.