Martial Arts Who does Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, or any other martial art on GC?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Jake the Dog, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ahh, Mirko use to be one of my faves. deadly with the kicks.

2. Muay Thai is great too, Wanderlei Silva used to murder people with his clinch. 

3. I use pick up whatever is close and hit someone with it style. 

4. oh deffinatley, Anderson Silva too, not much of recently.

5. That's key, all this other stuff is backup.

6. lol not for me, my MMA is my go to. I'll use takedowns, mounts, clinches and strikes in a street fight if necessary.

I wish I saw more of it, it was brutal. No stops at all, incredible kicks, incredible martial arts skills. I saw a guy do a front flip axe kick and get dqed for trying to "delay the fight". Unreal show....Why would it ever go off the air.

Stuff like that makes me despise mma. The popular stuff always wins out, even if it's garbage.

It is definitely more challenging. But it's so interesting and  complex.

8. deffinatley complex, my first 1/2 a year training all we got down was basic stance movement and proper clinch lol

9. #49 sundaddy, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    Me too. Starts with boxing, unless the guy has that "I'm a kick boxer stance" then it's a takedown and choke FTW.

10. I did Kung Fu San Soo for 8 years. My friend I trained with was also doing BJJ and he started kicking my ass ;) actually stopped to go to night school. I miss those days.

11. right, cant forget the choke lol

12. Is flexibility important? I would assume it is.

13. Does pretending to be a DBZ character count?

14. pretty much yea, i like doing moves out of the rubbergaurd that requires extreme flexibility.

15. One of the reasons I joined karate when I was a kid. Power rangers too. lol.

16. cant forget TMNT! lol

17. I'm not that flexible, but if you are, you can pull off more subs like gogoplatas and rubber guard techniques.

18. Eh, Never was big on them I wanted to be a power ranger. lol.

19. haha oh. i wanted to be them all, fuck it lol

20. #60 sundaddy, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    What's the worst injury you guys received while training? Mine's broken collar bone. it was about 30 degrees out that night, and my gi was soaked. I drove myself to the ER shivering like hell, that was some painful shivering.