Martial Arts Who does Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, or any other martial art on GC?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Jake the Dog, Jul 31, 2013.

1. i really was fortunate in meeting the right guys at the right time.....
    and yes... same thing....
    thru the target.... so long as you pick worth while targets.....

these mma guys..... with their leg kicks.....often have not bee taught where there targets are at all...
    they do not know where to find the nerve/bundles of nerves they are actually supposed to be trying to hit....
    only because many of them have not been taught....
    then there are those who do know what they are doing.....because they are actually trying to learn...
    who can become as dangerous as any master of similar ability....
    in the human race... there are those who can see that there is always more to learn....always.....
    and there are those who think they know ...and need know no more.....

2. having partial epilepsy.... i have noticed people out of the corrner of my eye everywhere... in public.....
    noticed them... noticing me....
    as i swat away one fucked up hallucination or another....
    yea....
    it does make for an interesting life....
    adds a bit of flavor here and there.....

3. #203 Art of Peace, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    tbh the level of striking in mma is not world class like the level of grappling is. my boxing coach sounds like you haha he always like you mma guys dont know how to throw a fuckin jab to save your life ha hes a oldtimer 

i was taught to target the sciatic nerve on the back of the thigh but if i hit meat at all im ok with that. (the knee is a worthwhile target as well or even low on the ankle)

agreed on never knows enough

• Like Like x 1
  4. yup... my kyokushin shihan taught target first...... and had no problem showing how and why....
    they all liked my threshold for pain.... this is why i got to be uki....alot...
    if i didnt hurt for a few days... i wasnt happy with class.....
    and they knew it...
    and i got taught these same targets.... and different ways to get to them.... by each of these guys....

nerve point...
    pressure points...
    where/when/why.....

just a bit of random shit talking about kyokushin..... mas oyama.... the guy who created it....
    he got tired of fighting people....
    and fought bulls..... bare handed..... 

5. also... any nerve point is always a primary target :smoke:
    again.. different way to hit them... for different reasons... in different situations....

we do a thing called the hundred man kumite.... you fight a hundred guys in a row......
    no breaks...
     kyokushin rules.... no pads no points....
    knock down/knock out
    everything goes except fist or elbow to the head....

6. ha i think every style has that same shit talking. rickson gracie supposedly had a record of more than 400-0. dan gable supposedly use too beat up on his ncaa champions as a coach into his 60's

legends guna legend haha
    also done in my arts. we call it the shark pit/tank in wrestling one guy stays in always getting a fresh guy at the worst time. 

sumtimes to be dicks, my coach would wait till i had my back turned the sick the new guy on my back putting me in a bad position right away. not only was the guy fresh and i was exhausted, he got to start out with a competitive advantage. made me stronger

• Like Like x 1
  7. sound like good teachers...

oyama was said to have chopped off those bulls horns with his hands...
    and a few... i forget how many... he stopped their hearts with one punch after....

this is one of the stories which goes with the target training.....

each style has similar stories...
    meant in their way to pass on ideas....
    not in all cases meant to be considered literally....
    like many things in life.... we find there are no words.....which do true justis but we can draw pictures...which may point someone to finding the way on their own.....

no matter what stories come with your art.....
    what you teach yourself to do with those ideas and techniques determines what said art becomes to you....

8. Got my aikido San Kyu (3rd kyu) test in about 2 hours; I am quite nervous....especially since I started training in Japan, I cannot understand what people say most of the time haha

I am reviving an old thread though sorry about that ^^. the stress makes me talkative. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. still training in aikido  and starting in the art of archery since training in a weapon based and hand based arts 

10. Still doing Judo, took up BJJ recently

Both help each other out a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Yes I know Tang Soo do and the next belt i will get is midnight blue

Also know a little Muay Thai as well.

12. Anybody ever train with Joe Lauzon at Lauzon MMA up in Bridgewater, MA? I'm just about to start BJJ and I'm looking to take it seriously so I'm hoping this school lives up to its potential as Lauzon is becoming a big UFC name. Also what are your opinions on the effectiveness of Tae Kwon Do on the street? I'm not looking to knock people out with my feet of fury just curious.

13. You could do a lot worse than learning from Joe Lauzon

Here's a good video where Joe Rogan discusses tae kwon doe and some other martial arts in fighting:

http://youtu.be/nJCA8s06c5U

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum