New Smoker, need help with pipe/bowl.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by r0ry, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Hello, I recently got high at my first rave with a friend's friend. I am not a drinker or a drug user, but let me tell you, I quite enjoyed it.
    \nAnyway, I'm stupid when it comes to drugs, and if I try to ask anyone I know they just laugh at me. So, I've come here.
    \nOkay, so will a "Tobacco Pipe" work with weed? I've been looking at small $5 - $10 ones on Amazon, but all the reviews say they get hot. Could someone recommend me one?
    \nAlso, two more questions.
    1.) What are sheets/filters? Do I have to buy some for my pipe/bowl?
    \n2.) What is a grinder? Do I really need to grind my weed or I can just stick it into the pipe and light up?
    \n\nSorry if I'm retarded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. You're better off getting a glass pipe at a headshop or online.  A starter one will work fine.

as for grinding, it's personal preference.  I prefer breaking it up with my hands, but some people prefer grinders.  They are more efficient especially with a keif catcher

3. Stop thinking tabacco pipe and start thinking just a regular pipe to smoke your weed. Just go to a head shop and ask to see their water pipes ranging in $5 -10 . buy one that looks cool. Screens are optional.

To smoke, pack the weed in the pipe after breaking it up with your finger or a grinder. Light it with the lighter and inhale while holding the hole on the side of said pipe called the clear hole. After inhaling, suck in some more air and exhale.

Forget about that amazon pipe.

4. 1. i think you mean somthing along the lines of a screen which is just a little metal screen you put in your bowl to keep weed from going though you don't have to buy a pipe you could get a bong or a vape or you could roll joints but a simple spoon is best for a newbie you should be able to get them at any head shop (smoke shop tobacco shop)
    2. you don't need a grinder at all some people like it but i personally wouldn't waste the money
    i recommend one of these http://www.etsy.com/search?q=spoon%20pipe&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US just make sure it has a carb it will make life easier as far as a pipe as cheep as what your looking for i would seriously look around some head shops

5. I second a pipe from Etsy forget amazon for a pipe.

6. You won't find a suitable pipe on amazon. I got my first pipe from a local tobacco store, but I had to ask the lady working there if they had glass pipes because they only had wooden ones on display. I wasn't sure what I was looking for, so I just bought a cheaper pipe, and stayed away from the chillums.

With weed, you definitely learn by doing. We can try to tell you what to do, but you have to figure your preferences out for yourself. You should probably find a local head shop (headshopfinder.com), and tell them you're new to smoking and you're just looking for a simple and cheap glass pipe. Just be sure you do NOT mention anything about weed in the store.

7. You can get a cheap glass pipe at a lot of gas stations. Glass is a cleaner burn. No metalic taste.

Tobacco pipes will work but aren't optimal. If you can get a glass pipe for cheap or get a stone pipe which i recommend for new smokers since you can't break it. There are some good ones online and you can find cheap glass pipes all over the internet.

You don't need a screen/filter on a pipe but it is nice to have since you won't have chunks of weed get pulled into your mouth or waste any bud. You can probably order some steel screens for 25 cents at the same place you order the pipe or just go to your local head shop like others have said and they'll hook you up.

Grinders aren't necessary but are nice if you are using a bong or bubbler but for a pipe you're find just tearing it into little pieces with your hands and stuffing it in  there. There's not really a wrong way to smoke weed haha unless you take a giant nug and jam it in there and try and smoke it.

9. Tobacco pipes will work but I do not recommend them as most are used for inhilation of the mouth, which means you suck the smoke into your mouth and get the taste instead of inhaling to the lungs to get the high. If you inhale most tobaccos other than those meant for direct inhilation you will usually throw up, also it is not safe to smoke out of a pipe meant for tasting tobacco like the one you linked to on amazon because most have chemicals in the bowl to fireproof it so the embers don't burn through the pipe. It would be wise to get a pipe made for weed in mind like the glass ones. If your feeling crafty you can also make a little wooden one but make sure you use a metal or glass bowl otherwise you will get a lung full of woodsmoke and like tobacco you will probably throw up. But if your just going to buy one for discreetness and simple use i'll link one below. Good luck with whatever you choose and have fun!
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/review/product/list/id/6058/category/1087/

10. Get a small glass spoon and to the grinder you don't need one but if you are thinking of smoking up full time you might as well save your self and get a cheap grinder, I hated the old days when I use to have to pick weed, good job I brought the grinder :p