Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Gives a Person the Title of a Stoner?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HippieShay, Jul 30, 2013.

1. So my bf said he doesn't think that I am an actual "stoner chick" because I've quit smoking for the past 3 months to get a job. He said if I was a real stoner, I'd be finding ways around the system and would continue smoking and doin what I love. I've been smoking since I was 16 (I'm 21 now), know the system to puff n pass, know how to roll a joint properly, know how to load/unload/clean a pipe, etc. I haven't smoked from a bong yet, but eh. I have some experience with the basics of lightin' up.
    So my question is...what sets someone apart from someone who just smokes, compared to someone who's an actual stoner?
    Thanks y'all! 😄🍁✌

2. What your BF said was pure nonsense. Just because you can control your habit if need be doesn't mean you can't call yourself a stoner. You don't have to define yourself entirely by cannabis use. "Stoner" is just a word, not a rank or title that you attain by never ever stopping. Your BF has "stoner" confused with "addict."

3. Omg please just stop but if you really need to know for your relationship I'm a female "stoner" and I'd smoke until 5 days before the test. You sound really stupid trying to be someone you're not if your doing it for your bf idk why but its fucked up. do you!!! If you wanna wait a year fucking go ahead! Don't let stupid shit and ideas get in the way of what you wanna do

4. If you we're a stoner you wouldn't give a fuck I someone said you weren't a stoner you would just be like oh ok and stoner isn't a good thin a stoner is someone who wakes up and smokes before they do anything than sits in the house and continues to smoke all day I consider myself a "weed enthusiast"

5. #6 squidrick420, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    A stoner in my definition is anybody that is not new to marijuana (new meaning both time spent smoking and knowledge about weed). If you have been smoking for a little while, and you know enough about bud to smoke it by yourself and get it by yourself then your a stoner IMO.
    Me? I am more of an addict or weed obsessed maniac :smoke:

6. You have all the credentials of a stoner except the bong hit. Just take one, and I'll laminate you a stoner certificate 

7. just fucking smoke. You don't need a title

8. Can't one be a responsible stoner? :smoke:

9. Your a stoner if you are to stoned to use the search button to find this thread a 100x over.

10. He's a fuckin idiot!! A stoner is someone who sees Marijuana as a part of their regular routine/life, as opposed to an eventful thing IMO

11. Who cares man? That means your being responsible. There's no official definition for a stoner.. Don't try to label yourself...

12. Im a reaponsible stoner. My house and cars are paid off, work full time and married to a stoner chick and we have a son thats well taken care of.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I just quit weed to become a teacher fuck do I are what my friends say haha I'm going dam for one last time in August and then me an Mary are done for the foreseeable

14. The fact that you came to GC to ask if you're a stoner in fact makes you a stoner. Congrats! Tell your bf to chill out with the labels and let you worry about you. 

15. I think stoner means you live the maijuana culture..you can be an ex smoker or barely smoke but will always be a stoner because its part of who you are

16. Exactly my point. Being a stoner doesn't mean we can't take care of business. :smoke:

17. Your arguing about labels, honey. Don't be silly. Its not that important.

But if I had to I'd consider myself a "stoner" or "pothead". If I had the funds and ability, I'd smoke almost everyday. Cannabis is more than just fun. Its a part of me. When other people talk about me I assume they say "he smokes a lot of weed" and look down on me for it. But I like who I am with weed. I never go through more than .25g-.3g alone in a day. With my gf like half a gram.

18. This is immature.
    You sound offended that you don't fit the "stoner" stereotype, why??? 
    And listing your stoner skills up there makes you sound like a kid, 
    I'm a girl too and I have no desire what so ever to be seen as a stoner chick, I've been smoking for 10 years people are always shocked when they find out i smoke, that's the way I want it to stay.
    Why would you want to be an obvious stoner? 

19. A stoner is some one who stones people with rocks to death... Duh.