question about crystal use and the bible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thorarkin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. There is nothing mystical about medicine, nor is there any implied power/energy in it. The issue is in imputing Godlike or human-like qualities to an inanimate object, not in gaining benefit from it.

2. there are certain groups of Christians who believe it is, im disgusted by people like this, personally. its even against the bible to do that. god wont do anything for you unless your willing to help yourself, so going to the hospitle if you have cancer is a good step

that might be why its really wrong to the bible, but ive always heard it to be a sin because its withcraft. it looks like theres no bearing to this.
    ive got a question for you. do you think our ancestors thought potions were magical? all they are is herbal remedies/poisons. its not mystical to us why they worked. we know it has to do with microscopic chemicals that they could not see. idk what your stance on crystals is, but i think its the same situation, it will be mystical untill we figure it out

3. #23 NORRIN RADD, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    Rely on spiritual healing  from the Triune Godhead...

4. triune godhead is misunderstood by its on creators. jesus is not a christian idea, jesus was a compilation of many characters throughout history. the father is obvious and just kinda thrown in there to make an even 3(figuratively speaking.lol), and holy ghost, well one is all, all is one. why cant it be that way? all my cells are me and i am all my cells.

also if you believe in jesus i urge you to do some research. zeitgeist part one is a good starting place, but alot of misinformation on it. it gives you the outline for what you need to research.

5. #25 NORRIN RADD, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    No disrespect but I suggest you do some more research. Zeitgeist is a lie created by satanists. & mithra, attis, horus etc. are far from any similarity to Yeshua.
    1. Mithra was born from a rock, not a virgin
    2. Mithra wasn't born on the 25th of December & neither was Jesus
    3. Mithra didn't perform miracles
    4. Horus was not born of a virgin seeing as isis took osiris' DNA after assembling him and impregnated herself
    5. Horus had 4 'disciples' called Heru-Shemsu, the mesniu & 16 human followers
    6. Horus performed some 'miracles' but never cast out demons (Matthew 8:28-34), walked on water etc.
    7. Dionysus' & Attis' stories are no where near anything as Jesus'

P.E.A.C.E. & Blessingz

6. i did my research and i know the misinformation on it. but the core components of jesus came from stories before. virgin(or atleast conception without sex) birth, resurrection, and miracles. everything else is just kinda fill in the gaps. i know its not the same story, its more of a spinoff.

i only brought up zietgeist because its a good list of things to research. the dates are definitely just made up.

not meaning to bash your religion, honestly, im just trying to show you what ive come to know as truth. the bible has truth in it. some of it is adapted forms of stories, like jesus and the book of genesis. and other stuf is coded.

off the top of my head jhon 1:1 is true. "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god" 
    we know god spoke the world into existence. what are words? controlled/structured sound. what is sound? vibration. now what is matter? energy(E=Mc^2). what is energy? vibration.

you should really look up some the the new age teachings. when you cut out everything about channelers, pleaidians, arcturians, reptilians, or whatever, it all makes sense and is believable. 

but no matter what you believe love is most important. treat others, human or other animal, like they are you. you will find a sense of peace like never before and a connectedness to all living things.

7. #27 NORRIN RADD, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    @ the last line: I do son.
    That's the whole point of lucifer and the fallen angels creating false gods seeming to be like Christ, so people would not believe that Jesus was exactly who He was and instead believe that he was a re/hashing of stories of old. &N The ?Word is Yahushua
    & No thanks I've done extensive research on New Age 'philosophies'/'teachings' & imo stems back to luciferianism i.e. you can become christed, there is no God but man himself [what the freemasons & most s.s. believe], ascended masters [aka fallen angels or demonic spirits]. But to each his own.

8. The bible was written by man and nothingmore than a fairy tale to get peoplein line and fear death. We know better these days at least the smart people.

9. In Romans 1:22 It says, "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."

10. :p ok lol I know Imsmart but never claimtoknow it all. Noone ever does. To sit there and believe ina religion tht clearly is ignorant to the fact ofreality means you can keep quoting ur book all day dont mean its gonna change my mind. Believe what u want but please dont push it on others who dont want to recieve it.

11. Absolutely, I will not push it on you, that's not my job. I will defend it, when I can.

12. #32 RippedMonk, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    Defending against criticism of the Bible with quoted scripture from the Bible = facepalm.

And actually, pushing it on people is your job according to that same Bible. 

13. Our job, as Christians is to tell people what they must do to be saved for eternity (belief in Jesus). Sometimes, they believe immediately, sometimes, it takes awhile, sometimes not at all. God does the rest. I've got Atheist friends, I don't continually try to convert them, they know the deal.

14. glad youve done your research.  :hello:  almost all christians get on my nerves because theyre so ignorant of everything outside the bible.
    ive kinda put a hold on this research to study for my ACE exam, but you might know more about this. i could only find one place lucifer was ever mentioned in the bible, and it wasnt even talking about satan. unless theres other mentions of lucifer that means lucifer isnt satan. google wasnt much help to me finding this answer. 

The ancient Israelites believed in many desert demons, but they did not believe in the devil or Satan as the Christians did.  The serpent in the Garden was not the devil, not when it was written.  Christians changed that the same way they tried to switch the Sabbath.  These little facts, often ignored by believers, are key to remembering ancient sacred texts and religions are fallible and that is why they should be regarded as myth and not truth.

16. #36 NORRIN RADD, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    ^The catholic Church has deceived many people with their sunday false sabbath.

@thorarkin:
    & Haha yeah I do the knowledge. & Good for you man I pray you do well and succeed.
    To answer your question [the best I can] lucifer was the chief conspirer in the rebellion against YHWH. He was once a brilliant creature, but as a result of his pride & envy he became God's first adversary [satan]. So yes they are one in the same, though this is not to say that he is a bearer of light [he comes as an angel of light because that's what he once was] but he fell and produces nothing but darkness.

I'm baptized Roman Catholic and this tends to be a nuisance. The western church changed, or added to teachings, to convert barbarians, westerners. 

But Jesus' message of love has never been more true. 

18. Why not expand your wealth of knowledge to include what Jesus had to say. His message was one of love, peace, and forgiveness; all of which our world needs. 

If he actually existed at all, he did have some great things to say.  Many of which were said long before he (supposedly) existed.  Honestly, I'm all for people actually following what authors have attributed to him, but few Christians follow the teachings and the idea of his divinity ruins the message.

20. Agreed^ its a farce. Only rule u need to follow is the golden rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Simple and without the extraneous bs of religion.