question for you bible experts about crystals

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by thorarkin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. i looked up on multiple sites about wether it is right to use healing crystal according to the bible, and i kept getting the same stuff that didnt really talk about the use of crystals. it seems crystals have just been associated with these activities, when its actually a different activity altogether. these are the verses supposedly against crystal use.

deuteronomy 18:10-12 [SIZE=.75em]10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery,interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,[/SIZE] [SIZE=.75em]11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.[/SIZE][SIZE=.75em]12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord[/SIZE]; because of these same detestable practices the <span>Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.</span>

leviticus 19:31 [SIZE=.75em]31 [/SIZE]“‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

i fail to see how this speaks about carrying crystals to heal your chakras(parts of your spirit).
    its a common fact crystals are often used in spells(i know wiccan spells will often use crystals), but thats like saying a hammer must be a tool of the devil because construction is evil(just hypothetical, obviously. lol)

the big pro of crystal use according to the bible is the priest aaron, which is in fact in condradiction with deut 18:10.
    exodus 28:30 [SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]Also put the Urim and the Thummim in the breastpiece, so they may be over Aaron's heart whenever he enters the presence of the Lord. Thus Aaron will always bear the means of making decisions for the Israelites over his heart before the Lord.

using these stones for divine guidance is a form of divination.

also there is a couple verses that says it is from god

colossians 1:16 [SIZE=.75em]16 [/SIZE]For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

john 1:3 [SIZE=.75em]3 [/SIZE]Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

also with the abundant references to holy places(on earth and in heaven) being made of crystals, i dont see a difference in letting them sit around on the floor and in walls and letting them sit in your pocket

my understanding is that crystals in and of themselves are ok, but its the spells theyre used in is not. anybody have insight for this?

2. The real question is; does any of this matter?

3. Crystals brah

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Honestly, if you actually care, go ask a priest. This is perhaps one of the strangest questions I've seen asked here, I actually wish a lively debate would form for me to read.

5. go to a damn preacher, THIS IS A STONER FORUM GUY

6. Looking for consistency or clarity in the Bible is kinda like looking for healing in crystals.....*insert condescending punchline here.*

7. only matters to me so my mom wont accuse me of doing witchcraft

im not on the best terms with my preacher right now so i dont really wanna ask him.lol. and stoners are open minded so i thought someone might know. im an odd stoner that gets into learning and a bit spiritual when im high.lol. theres bound to be a few others like me on here, along with others in the same position.

dont knock it till youve researched it. theres starting to be more evidence of the supernatural. but it is true crystals wont heal like medicine and herbs, its more of a preventative/accellerator/last resort kinda thing. anybody who claims crystals are miraculous healers are either con men or a sucker

8. But I'm laazzzyyyy. Way too lazy to spend any length of time researching something I'm 99.99999999999% sure is bullshit. Can you point me to said "evidence of the supernatural," sir?

9.   The only crystals that ever really mattered were shattered by ExDeath. :(

10. honestly I understand you on not going to the preacher I was a bit dick headed at the time, but honestly If you really want to learn more only knowledge can help you, If nothing is keeping you busy do reasearch on the bible, knowledge is the only way.

11. #12 nomad881, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    [quote name="thorarkin" post="18434282" timestamp="1375245380"]dont knock it till youve researched it. theres starting to be more evidence of the supernatural. but it is true crystals wont heal like medicine and herbs, its more of a preventative/accellerator/last resort kinda thing. anybody who claims crystals are miraculous healers are either con men or a sucker[/quote]Dude you are either very uneducated or very confused... I've seen Wicca work well when combined with some other religions, I'd like to believe is because were versatile. But the levels your taking it to... It basically comes down to belief. Do you believe the milion plus year old stone in your hands,that has seen all this world has to offer, some modicum of power?then let it heal you. I know multiple uses for crystals, rituals for cleansing the mind and spirit, castings for protection, wards placed on buildings and so forth.... Learn more, open your mind. As far as my Creator is concerned, he put me here, he put the good green plant here, through his will the tools of my people were created. How can we be doing wrong by him If we are using What here gave to us?Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

More evidence? Please go on...

13. The bible is contradictory simply because it no longer exists in its original intended meaning, there have been a great number of canons over time and there are so many different editions and revisions which are used as an authoritive reference and different denominations use different bibles. There are a couple of verses which appear in later copies, that are not in the original manuscripts which about half of Christianity has in light of this rejected those verses, others who keep them. Certainly good portions have been kept as true as possible by having scholars translate as accurately as possible the oldest original manuscripts with very specific attention to the way the language was used and its formation so where any translation appears to condtradict others or does not fit with language formation or usage of the time. This then must undergo reassment and retranslation to better fit its original intended meaning. This is what you must have in mind when choosing your biblical reference source.

The Bible tells not to engage in witchcraft, communing with spirits, cast spells. If you use the crystals for anything that constitutes what you are told not to do, then you are comitting such a sin. If you use the crystals in a religious and ritualistic manner, then you are worshipping other besides God and therefore comitting sin. I am yet to see something that says they cannot be used for healing purposes, I mean christians hang their crosses on their chest for a reason so there is obviously no sin in this according to christianity.

If you believe that the crystals are magic, and the crystals themselves hold the power to heal then in Islamic truth you will be comitting sin, because the Crystal is simply the vehicle for Gods healing. He has placed on earth the cure for everything, except death, but it is God himself who owns the power to cure, not the object. If you use the crystal knowing that it is God who owns the power, I think you're fine.

14. THIS!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. to start off, the evidence of heaven. its all a matter of perception of time. the 4th dimension is time, 5th is all possibilities of time. superposition is the 5th in a nutshell. before we can understand this we must ask what time is. it is the measure of change of the first 3 dimensions. so the 4th is the position of the first 3. we see the change of the 4th all the time. if it were possible to manipulate our movement in the 4th we would see the 5th, being able to choose which reality, or position of space, we want to go to. if your still not understanding think of it this way. the 2nd is the position of the 1st, 3rd the position of the first 2. we understand this thoroughly. now the 4th like said before is the position of the first 3, easy enough, but we dont understand it much so we stumble around the 4th going mostly in a straight line. but what is little known is that time acts like a physical dimension. we see this with the theory of relativity, the faster we go in the 3 dimensions, the  slower time is. just like how when youre heading north and take a 45 degree turn to the west, the motion is diverted to the west and we go slower north.

this is all theoretical, but it proves the possibilty if we start to understand time.

this is the most complicated example that took me almost a year of reading and watching videos about it. i saved you the time looking that up, but the rest youlll have to read/watch yourself
    -http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6huq_through-the-wormhole-s2e01-is-there-life-after-death_shortfilms
    -communion by whitley stieber is a close encounter case in which he has been tested and has no mental illness or physical ailment suggesting the cause of hallucinations, no drugs, and proved to not be lying by lie detector test.
    -also the undeniable proof of a creator. wave function collapse. how did the big bang happen, and everything leading to the first concious being?  
    -weve pretty much shown the chinese knew what they were talking about with chi. we call it bioelectricity.
    -past lives:Shanti Devi, james linegar, imad elawar
    -one interesting thing that doesnt itself suggest anything supernatural, but shows that the ancients knew more than we give them credit, is the third eye. the pituitary gland has all the structures of an eye. also when they said the reality we see is an illusion is the same thing as my heaven explaination, and all the giant monuments with multiton blocks cut with laser precision and what appears to actually be cut with modern laser technology, theres something there that we dont give them credit for

this should be enough to open your mind to a few new things

on a side note, i only say supernatural because thats what it is known as. ive come to believe there is nothing SUPERnatural about it, only lack of understanding of what is naturally happening

16. #17 SiicKxShoTz, Jul 31, 2013
    Do what ever you want. I believe deuteronomy is old testament, and that is before the supposed sacrifice of Jesus Christ to attone for all sins. So now that Jesus dies on the cross if you sin and ask forgiveness for you sin it will be forgiven... but using some crystal isn't anything God should keep you out of heaven for.... any God that would do that is no God I would want.

17. definitely. it seems as though religion has evolved and changed for political benefits, and to keep up with the evidence. ive personally researched the evolution-creationsim debate and found out if you put days 1-6 together like this, 1/4 2/5 3/6, it matches precisely matches what astronomy and evolution say how this world was made. that a perfect example of christianity evolving today.

and ya, what ive learned is the crystal itself isnt "magical". each type of crystal has its own unique formation of its molecules and it interacts with subtle energies to make it beneficial to us. the downside is we have to put trust in the ancients to know what rock does what because were nowhere near explaining it scientifically.

18. #19 Meursault, Jul 31, 2013
    First of all....where are the crystals? Maybe I should have been more specific, but I want to hear about crystals lmao. 

Secondly, I really didn't want to turn this thread into this but what the hell I'll bite for a little while: 

a.) Space-time: You're kinda on the right track to understanding modern physics there I think, but you're missing the part where space and time are interconnected into a two dimensional plane in which mass sits. Time can be described in certain ways as a physical dimension, but it is still fundamentally different from the others. Talk of a 5th dimension is all speculation, so I won't even touch on that....but what any of this has to do with the supernatural, I haven't the slightest clue...we can talk physics all day aaaaand?.....e=mc^2....so BAM, CRYSTALS? 

b.) I've seen all the Through the Wormholes....so BAM CRYSTALS?

c.) I've never read it, but a couple things to consider: -We don't understand shit about the brain. Get into neuroscience at all and you'll begin to see this. To suggest that any hallucination can either be instantly explained away by the medical community or must have really happened is absolutely absurd. -If lie detector tests "prove" that someone isn't lying then HOLY SHIT. Somebody killed Bigfoot (http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2012/08/bigfoot-killer-passes-lie-detector-test.html). Kinda strange then that somebody else also WAS Bigfoot and was just tricking everyone (http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2013/05/today-in-bigfoot-history-may-17-2005.html). We could do this all day, and it might actually be kind of fun, but let's move on. 

d.) Waveform collapse has absolutely nothing to do with a conscious "observer" in the sense that you seem to be implying. Waveform collapse has to do with physical measurement. A single electron can act as an observer. (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm) This in no way points to a "creator god." You're filling in a lootttttt of gaps there in your head with ideas that you have not included here. 

With that said, I do basically believe in a very very loose sort of creator-force for the second "reasons" you have there. To me, it is really the only way to solve the question of ultimate cause. To call any of this "undeniable proof," though, is pretty silly.

e.) Again, all you've done here is throw out a sciencey word and then say....BAM QI. I don't even know where to start. There is no evidence at all (though I'm beginning to think we have verrrrrryyyyy different definitions of the word "evidence" lmao) that the practice of Qigong affects one's electrophysiology....which is probably a really good thing, when you consider that fucking with action potentials in your neurons (to say nothing of your heart) in even the slightest way will really fuck you up and kill you. 

With that said, I'm not completely opposed to ideas of Qi or prana, etc. I think there is some use for these ideas, or at least some use for the practices that have come out of them. To say that there is any scientific evidence of their existence, however, is to be bullshitting, plain and simple.

f.) I'm only familiar, before now, with one of these stories but I've got others that I could add to the list for you. Hell, I've even had experiences of my own that I could add to the list for you. The thing is...memory works in a really fucked up way sometimes. Every story ever is embellished, to at least some extent. Period. This is why stories alone don't really count as scientific evidence. There are plenty of stories of people literally encountering Santa Claus. 

With that said, again, honestly I'm really open to the idea (not the Santa Claus stories though lmao) but you simply cannot say that this is proof of anything. You'd do well to play devil's advocate more often in your "research." Look up the criticisms of these things you're talking about rather than just reading things from the proponents.There are a great many. 

g.) The pituitary gland has "all the structures of an eye"......okay now this one made me laugh. I'm sorry but what in the fuck?!?! Does this (http://25.media.tumblr.com/97e11c7109830af7158a8fe4f2164962/tumblr_mi9s27c9Gt1rn6pqko1_1280.jpg) look ANYTHING like this (http://test.classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/513/flashcards/393513/png/cross-section-eye.png) to you? They are both kinda ball-shaped....aaaannnndddd...that's about it.....

As for "they said the reality we see is an illusion"...and somehow that proves your conception of heaven, which I still have yet to really hear....uhh wtf are we even talking about here?

As for the pyramids, I've gone into that debate too many times to have any energy left for the subject. But I definitely agree with your assertion that our ancestors were a lot smarter, in a lot of ways, than we give them credit for. They were also dumb as shit in a lot of ways. Much like modern people. So.....crystals?  :p

Anywayyyy....I really do appreciate you taking all this time to try and "open my mind to a few new things." I'm sorry if I came off as condescending in the above. You can respond to whatever you'd like of course, but I really don't want to turn this into a back-and-forth type deal that goes on for 50 pages so don't be offended if I simply take your response into quiet consideration.

I do have one question for you though. You seem like a pretty smart guy and pretty sure of what you believe......why do you feel the need to justify your spirituality? Or is it that your spirituality is just now beginning to come about as a result of all these puzzle pieces? That's the way it happened to me. I was into literally all of the shit that you touched on here a few years ago, but all of it really can be picked apart. I realized that spirituality doesn't need to be taken into the realm of religion. If you try to prove everything in Buddhism, Hinduism, Judeo-Christian traditions, Zen, Taoism, Candomble, Santeria, Native American Religions, whatever the case may be (and trust me I've tried them all and many more)....you're gonna have a bad time. Let religion inform your conception of spirituality. It doesn't need to take it over. It's okay to edit out the bullshit and take the concepts that appeal to you. Don't get caught up in the minutiae. You can waste your whole life arguing whether the chicken or the egg came first, or you can start your spiritual practice based on the spiritual principles (rather than facts) that you believe in. Jus' sayin'.

19. Umm I'm not religious but I very energy sensitive so i overstand the power of crystals. I wouldnt over think them but in a sort of way they can me considered as a medium but realize that wearing gold will give off a vibration like crystals will so dont over think crystals just because they arent as common as gold or silver.