someone found a couple of outdoor plants what sould i do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by burningbush93, Jul 25, 2013.

1. #1 burningbush93, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    so someone obviously found my male plants i was gonna move from the females cause they almost ran over the cage they where in with a four wheeler/ drove back by and it looks like they rode around looking for more but lickily i dont think they found any of the females which were close by but well hidden. the thing is they made it obvious they found the males but never took/ killed them or anything so i killed the males and picked up anything close by that might have fingerprints and left. what should i do this couldnt be the cops could it? do you guys think i should come back after a while / just come back at harvest or should i abandon them all together. any advice u guys have would really be appriciated cause im torn. its really hard to abandon such nice plants.

2. In pots or in holes? Maybe go back at like 1am cover ya face check for cameras move them off into separate locations not all together

3. thanks for the help they where put in holes about two weeks ago mabye three. so i dont think that would work unless you guys think thats the only way to be safe but the way they found em and, left tracks, and didnt harm them makes me think its just teenagers or som body who wants some bud, and since i killd em and picked everthing up they will probly think me and the plants are gone for good but maybe im being a little to possitive. it just doesnt make sense the way they did it.                                

4. If it makes no sense maybe they are none the wiser

5. move em mate and quick, cover your face too

6. Take bin liners maybe they will do for quick easy to carry no fuss containers. Trowel them up and stick soil and roots into bag and tie it up then you can worry about new holes later

7. Moving them is a risk.  Not moving them is a risk.

Personally I would remove what's left of the males like you did and not move the females.  I would stay in the area and visit more often.  If I see that more traffic has come through the area, then I would move them.

8. #8 Sgtstadanko707, Jul 25, 2013
    I can promise you they found the females. If they pulled they males they know what's going on. They will be back to harvest you plants you can bet in that.

Eh?  So we're supposed to think that these guys found the females and are leaving them there to come back later when they're in flower?

Come on.  If they wanted AND found them, they'd be gone.

10. Why would they pull good female plants. These are what you call rippers. They ride the forest looking for people's grows. Mark the grow once found and come back in oct to steal your plants. He said they almost ran one if the cages over. No doubt they found them

11. Probably pulled the males, thinking you were not checking and didn't want to ruin the sensi. You could set intruder traps that tell you if anyone's been there. If they wanted the females they would of just ripped them up and taken away. I guess they plan to return for harvest time

12. #12 dmike, Jul 25, 2013
    I don't buy it.  The plants alone are worth too much without any bud on them. They also know that leaving them while leaving evidence of their presence means that the owner might move them.

The time for them to take them was then and they didn't.  So they either A. didn't find them or B. weren't interested.

I can tell you I've ran into my fair share of outdoor weed.  From fields in Mexico to people growing in state and national parks.  Whenever I find a female in a public area I take it regardless of what state it's in.

13. Keeping them their is no longer a choice
    The location has been compromised
    Time to go find another spot

14. Plants with out buds are worth 000. I don't know what you are smoking on. They are going to let you do all the work and them come reap the rewards.

15. #15 dmike, Jul 25, 2013

Not where I am.  Clones go for $10 and vegging mothers $200+, then there's everything in between.

For example...
    http://denver.craigslist.org/hab/3937386552.html

I've seen so many dudes half my age earning twice what I get doing nothing but selling clones and teens, never ANY bud.
    Even males of certain strains here can sell for $40+, so congrats, you learned something today.

Let's not even talk about seeds going for over $10 a piece online which is stupid, and there are no buds on those either.

Plants anywhere in the US have some value.  In most places, they are worth too much to just leave.  If they want bud from it, they'd take it. If they want to sell the plant, they take it.  Either way, while it's possible that they do want to come back during flower, that idea is such a longshot gamble that I would be comfortable leaving my plants right where they were.

The OP does however need to consider if the place they have chosen just gets too much traffic and was a bad idea from the start.  If that's the case, then move based on that.

16. So you are In a med state. Then clones are for sure worth nothing. You must deal with greedy people because we just give clones away. No one is going to take a vegging plant. They are worthless
    If you are in co then it is rippers for sure. Obviously you are new in this game and I know it's hard to believe but people actually make a living off of stealing people's plants.

17. #17 dmike, Jul 25, 2013
    Clones for sure worth nothing?

http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=mmj+clones&zoomToPosting=&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

I guess that's why all the dispensaries sell them.  All greedy people and greedy businesses eh?  Maybe.  But where I am, marijuana in any form; seed, trim, concentrates, flowers, clones, anything at all is a commodity worth cash.

You keep saying that they have zero value and I keep proving you wrong.  I just don't expect you to admit that because it casts doubt on the ripper argument (which I acknowledge is a very slim possibility).

Yes in some ways I'm new to this, in others I'm not.  I can tell you for certain that CO has very well to do folks selling nothing but vegging plants, so I know better than what you're trying to tell me.

18. Well since I gave over 100 away this year to friends and patients for 0. Yes I can tell you they are worth nothing. You are just dealing with greedy people. It's coast me all of 10 bucks to cut 100 clones. And you say sell them for 10+. I guess that's the difference between co and ca. We are a lot more generous to our patients.

19. #19 dmike, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Horseshit.  Clones are all over craigslist in California as well.

I think you're taking a personal experience kind of thing (giving clones away for nothing), and trying to apply it to a general state of being in which it isn't.

The bottom line;  vegging plants are worth money anywhere in the US. 

In any case, the OP knows both main sides of the issue, and takes a chance either way.

He can leave his plants there and risk that someone comes to take them...
    or...
    He can move them, risk getting caught, risk the plants dying from shock or being damaged or whatever during the move, only to find another place that has a risk that someone comes to take them... only this time he finds out when the females are just gone after a day or two.

The way I see it, moving the plants doesn't really solve the problem, especially when we don't even know that there's a problem to begin with.

20. #20 aPersonUponaHill, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    Why not set up a trail camera in a good spot? You will have all the information you need to make a decision. 

Personally I think the cost of the camera is worth not going to prison, or losing plants. If you get caught just shut up and say nothing, get a lawyer. The guy is going to come back and look harder, when you spend a lot of time in the woods you know them well and you know where you didnt look and where to look.