THC half life question

Discussion in 'General' started by ET755, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Okay here's the deal. I'm on probation and just took my UA yesterday and passed (not because of some crazy method but because I just didn't smoke for almost a moth). Long story short my next test is in 2 weeks. If I want to smoke tonight with my friends to celebrate will I be clean again in 2 weeks? I am a 19yr old and weigh 160 and work out frequently but before I quit I was a heavy smoker of the good shit (3-4 times a day)

Thanks!

2. Questions like this can't be given any direct answer, always too many variables. It just depends if you want to risk it or not, it's entirely up to you...

3. #3 LQ142, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    Unlike other drugs the half life of THC is greatly dependent on many factors....metabolism, body fat %, how much you use, height and weight, etc...

Nobody could ever answer that question. The half life of THC is anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2.5 days. Even then, they don't test for THC they test for a metabolite of THC (11-COOH-THC). The half life of the metabolite is anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

edit: I guess the main metabolite is actually 11-OH-THC, my bad. 11-OH-THC metabolizes into 11-COOH-THC 

4. Most likely not! :cry:  One or two puffs, you might get away with, but not a full-fledged smoking session with the boys! It also depends on which drug test they are using! Some of them are darn sensitive! (And, yes, the newer types DO test for the new synthetic "unmentionables", so don't even think about going there!)

If you do test positive, this may give you a way out, and buy you a little more time to clean out your system!

Baby Soaps and Shampoos Trigger Positive Marijuana Tests       (news – 2012)
    http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/19/baby-soaps-and-shampoos-trigger-positive-marijuana-tests/#ixzz21IE9aajD

Wish I could give you better news- but it is what it is!

Granny

5. #5 tk86high, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    If its a mouth swab 3-5 days , piss 5-7days ,
    blood and hair months and if the company that does the testing is advanced enough even years .

I know cos I've passed them before with piss tests just make sure to drink lots of water a few days before , and if its a swab just don't hold it in between your cheeks like they say kinda barely hold it there with ur back teeth.
    I passed a mouth swab within 48hrs of smoking . And I know people that pass piss tests after 3-4 days of not smoking
    These tests r more to show if u r addicted to something meaning u need it at least every other day , not what u've been consuming for the last weeks or months
    It's really about how advanced or cheap the test is there r giving u , and if its a state or company test its usually gonna be pretty basic and cheap .

6. Celebrate passing a drug test by smoking drugs. Genius!

7. You would risk prison time to get high?
    Just stay clean or its jail/prison time...seems like an easy choice. (it isn't as if your probation won't end unless you keep fucking up and getting caught)

If your 'buddies' try that peer pressure shit, tell them to grow the fuck up, it is your freedom you would risk, not theirs.

8. Guys I appreciate the reply but I don't need the criticism. I just wanted to know scientifically if it will be out in two weeks or not. Again though, thank you for your time. For safe, I don't think I will be smoking.

PS if I failed this time I would NOT go to jail, I would be put on color code first.

9. The tests I get are the cheap test strip tests. Exactly like the single THC tests you buy off Amazon but just 4 different strips for four different drugs.

10. ^ That is the wisest answer I have read on these "how to pass a piss test" threads. Thank you for your input. :hello:

11. then ure 99,9% good , but hey dont blame me if it turns out they up yo color :p

12. I think THC has the same if not similar half life to cesium.

The radioactive isotope caesium-137 has a half-life of about 30 years and is used in medical applications, industrial gauges, and hydrology. Although the element is only mildly toxic, it is a hazardous material as a metal and its radioisotopes present a high health risk if released into the environment.

Sounds like the DEA.^.^

13. #13 geetardude, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Sounds to me, you have nothing to celebrate. You passed 1 piss test, so you celebrate by setting yourself up to fail your next??? Not good logic, there.

14. THC half life question, Half-Life 3 confirmed!