Outdoor strains for next year

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WilliamHBonneey, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Bump

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.

2. The pure power plant (ppp) from sensi seeds is a nice strain.  Watch for finishing times or be prepared to cover or protect your crops, you know your climate better than me. As it's from the Durban world of marijuana.

Afghani #1 is a beautiful plant.  

Looking for yield answers is never ending, just grow what works for your area and for your wants. Just looking for something that just makes buds or looking for something specific that you like?

Soil, pots, beds? Summer solstice is June 21 so plant out accordingly or supplement lights.

3. Yeah I'm thinking of tuning with beds but I'll most likely have to use aerated grow bags most likely 65-100g and I'm in the Pacific north west summer temps get up to 110 average around 100

4. I've grown out both hollands hope and thc bomb. They both finished early, but the thc bomb was finished in september. I'm around 49 degrees north and 2300 feet above sea level. Grow out the bomb and take clones of all of them so you can find the earliest finisher.

5. How was the yield and when did Hollands Hope finish?

6. Blueberry Headband is a good one. Do you have access to clones?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Not really into growing clones again strictly seed for me they grow larger than clones

8. Bump

9. You don't keep moms?

indicas will be your friend.

10. Nah no indoor set up I'm going to invest in a grow tent over the winter and a few lights and I'm considering Skywalker og but I'm not 100% do you know of any seed banks that sell cookies the clone I have is really good and depending on how it finishes I might want it again

11. If its a real cut green crack is an awesome strain, hang onto that one. I lost it and regret it to this day

12. Yeah real green crack bought it from a collective and I despise it compared to my gsc plant which were both planted at the same time its straggly as shit I'm hitting it with nutes and LST'ing it to get as much out of it as possible

13. La woman and mango are my two biggest plants. La woman is beautiful. Mango almost died at the start of the season but made a recovery to be second largest. Check out my pics in Norcal 2013.

I've ordered and grown out several successful strains from them. Thc Bomb one summer. It was a very early finisher and huge yeilding, but I haven't bought it in years. I'm around the spokane area in eastern washington and it finished around the end of September. I've also grown Thc Snow, Hollands hope, Northern Lights, and I'm currently growing their version of Critical indoors. It's a HUGE FAST GROWING strain. They were about 6 inches tall when I started them under my lights and they have quadrupled in size in just 3 weeks of 12/12. I can't wait to grow them outside. If I had to pick some winners for outside, then the Thc Bomb and Thc Snow have been the best early finishers with the best yeild. Although, the only one I still have around is the Northern Lights. It seems to be getting acclimated to our climate here as well. She seems to be finishing earlier and earlier every year. Hope that helped out.

15. Hollands hope finished late along with most other indicas. Through the years, i have found that you need to plant at least 10 seeds outside to find one that finishes early enough. I clone all my plants that I'm looking for early finishers on. Then I just cross them back with either the same strain if it's a regular strain, or cross it with something else. I don't "self" anything because the plants are too unstable.

This year I'm crossing my best outdoor Holy Grail Kush (Attitude) and Critical Sensi Star (single seed centre) with some regular male THC Snows from marijuana-seeds.nl Then I will be growing them out exclusively during the summer trying to find some keepers.

Good luck with the strains next year.

Yeild on hollands was great. Had a wonderful smell to it as well. Neither me nor other members of our collective cared for it though. The high was average and the smoke could be a little harsh at times. Good luck.

17. BTW, your idea about getting 65 to 100 gallon pots is overkill. We can't grow smoke here in Washington like they do in cali. This is a strain called Early XXX we're growing in our garden this year. Note the 5 gallon bucket next to the 20 gallon pot. That plant is 9 feet tall. The bottom line is that you can grow one hell of a big plant in a 30 gallon pot. I use both 20's and 30's and haven't noticed a difference between one and the other. If you have the time, money, and back muscles to use 65 to 100 gallons, then I say go for it. Otherwise, i think you will find it's a waste of resources.

Attached Files:

18. Thanks for being one of the few who admit Cali had the climate to grow monsters. I should still give it a try though. It can't hurt.

19. Plants look good. Nice size buds forming.