Sick plants again - White Widow and Green Crack

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Noxide, Jul 24, 2013.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro?  Soil
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Nirvana White Widow & Sick Meds Green Crack
    How old are the plants? 4-5 Weeks old (Honestly not sure)
    What type of lights and how many watts?  MH 400W
    How far from the lights?  10 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every other day
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?  Yesterday each plant received 1/2 gal with first time nutes of 1/4 dose 2-1-2 (Ionic grow for soil) I also gave 1/2 dose of Cal Mag for the first time
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Unsure
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? High 70's Low Humidity
    What size pots? 5 Gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. None
    Any other pertinent info?

Guys, my last grow was a failure to nute lock out. This grow is starting to look the same. I started getting yellow leafs and browning edges so yesterday for the first time I have 1/4 dose nutes. My plant is looking worse by the day. Up until yesterday I have been feeding with distilled water only

Now that really pertains to the White Widow...

On the Green Crack only the bottom is affected by the yellowing, but now the entire plant is turning light green. Not sure if that means something bad is on its way??

Anyways the 1st 3 pics are the white widow.. last 2 are the green crack... Help please :(

Attached Files:

2. We need a ph run-off measurement for proper diagnosis?

3. Thanks for filling out the info.

It's prolly a ph issue. It's causes nute lock.

Try and test that runoff

4. I see mg def. use cal mag for the next few feeds and foliar spray with epsom.

...if your pHwas completely off, your plant wouldnt have grown till this stage in growth. Chances are it just needs nutes

You should, ofcourse, first check pH and make sure its in range. But since youve only fed your plant once,im sure there isnt any salt,nute buildup. So feed away and get pHmeter asap.

5. I'm watering with distilled 7.0 water and I PH balanced to 6.5 when I used 1/4 nutes and 1/2 dose cal mag

I have a ph meter I just haven't tried measuring run off.
    Im thinking of switching from distilled to tap water because I've never had so much problems with nute deficiencies till I switch to distilled

I wouldn't imagine it being any kind of nute lock out since these problems were prior to the nute feeding.

blackmore, should calmag be used in every watering?

6. what do you calla grower who keeps making the same mistakes....?

Learn to foilar feed and in time you will save a bundle and years of pissing about, ...do please read the small print of the FFOF sack, you will be pleasantly surprised to note that it does come with nutes, ie nutrition or fertilizer, so put that nute crap in your bottom drawer 

7. There is no point to using RO water in soil. Tap water generally contains a small amount of cal/mag.
    UseRO for seedlings and cuttings.

Use cal/mag as a foliar spray and feed till you see green returning to the yellowed edges.
    Dont over do it, as with any nutrient. Give em a little bit everyday. Foliar spray is pretty effective.
    Reduce useage to once a week after.

Remember, pot loves magnesium and deficiencies and toxicity are easily identifiable. Try to remember the symptoms, read through stickies etc and youre on your way to becoming a skilled grower.

8. Get that ph run-off measurement and you'll know what you need to do next, it's probably high and needs to come down. Plants will slow in qrowth and look sickly until you get it right. From your own admission you have a meter but your plants suffer needlessly. Get the ph right and begin a nutrient regimen.

9. I took a run-off reading of 6.0 on the white widow... So it might be a little low? But is that the problem at hand?

10. Yep, you be locking out Mg, and K, ph should be no higher than 6.5. to 6.8. Corrective action - flush with properly ph water until ph is corrected to optimal nutrient uptake.

11.  So I should just water with higher PH water to get to 6.5 run off?

12. You should "flush" instead of simply watering the plant, correction should be done immediately for plant health. Sometimes folks that have a run-off ph much lower than yours can have a daunting task of raising the ph by flushing, it can take to much water for some folks to cope.