Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long should it take to break the soil?

• Please log in to reply

lebowski009

lebowski009

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This is my first indoor grow. I started by germinating about 15 bagseeds on Tuesday. 4 of the seeds had popped and had their taproots by Thursday morning. So I put them in their pots. I have a soil mixture of 4 parts organic top soil, 2 parts vermiculite, and 2 parts perlite. I wetted the soil until the water ran out of the drainage holes. I then made a small hole to stick the popped seeds into with the taproot down. I covered the seeds with a little soil and put some clear bags over the pots to keep the humidity in.

It is now Saturday night and I cannot see any signs of them breaking the soil yet. I have read numerous posts on the forum but no one really seems to say how long it took for the seeds to break the soil. So I am just wondering if I did something wrong or what. Any info that anyone might have would be great. Thanks to everyone on this forum because if it was not for you I would never have started this new hobby.

Whodi

Whodi

• Registered Upgraded
  • 685 posts

This is my first indoor grow. I started by germinating about 15 bagseeds on Tuesday. 4 of the seeds had popped and had their taproots by Thursday morning. So I put them in their pots. I have a soil mixture of 4 parts organic top soil, 2 parts vermiculite, and 2 parts perlite. I wetted the soil until the water ran out of the drainage holes. I then made a small hole to stick the popped seeds into with the taproot down. I covered the seeds with a little soil and put some clear bags over the pots to keep the humidity in.

It is now Saturday night and I cannot see any signs of them breaking the soil yet. I have read numerous posts on the forum but no one really seems to say how long it took for the seeds to break the soil. So I am just wondering if I did something wrong or what. Any info that anyone might have would be great. Thanks to everyone on this forum because if it was not for you I would never have started this new hobby.

I did mine that way and they popped above soil within 36-48 hours. I didn't give them light until they popped above soil.

canoguy

canoguy

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
i did the same as whodi. i stuck in 5 seeds and got 5 popped withen 30 hours

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users