Do dab hits smell? compared to one hit bong snaps?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by iTweaker, Jul 22, 2013.

1. I make my own qwiso hash I love the colour my recent one came out it was dark amberish , and I really wanna buy a dabber to dab this shit but I live ina small apartment and scared of the odor , only had 2 complaints for smell with bong but that was before I got the smoke buddy lol havnt had a complaint in a month so it works well.

so question is swould dabbing iso oil smell more than taking a one tight ass snap bowl bong hit :smoking: ?

2. Dabs can smell pretty funky if its potent oil

3. dabs smell quite dank, but it dissipates in like 10 minutes. if you spoof it its next to nothin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Spoofs work well. Paper towel roll with 3 bounce sheets and you should be golden

5. If you already got two complaints just use your smoke buddy for everything. Not worth getting in trouble over

6. Definitely use your smoke buddy, you don't want to get evicted over something like that cuz that can follow you around.

I used to say that than smoke a fat bowl and everything wreaked. lol. It helps
    but will still get you caught. 

And yeah Dabs smell its pretty thick smoke if you burn it a lot with a torch, 
    overall i would say it probably smells about the same but i can't smell pot anymore. 

8. IME, whenever I dab, I don't have to try and "cover" up the smell like I do with combusted cannabis. Concentrates smell potent, but it isn't a thick smell and will dissipate very quickly. You should be good if hitting that stuff on a nail. This being said, I only dab butane extracts and unlike their qwiso cousin, it contains no chlorophyll and therefore will smell less when vaped.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2
    "The farther one travels the less one knows"

9. #9 Wiggibow, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    It might smell "about the same" as combusted buds at first; but you missed the important part; that it goes away in well under half the time as regular weed smoke. It could be an hour later and you'd still smell lingering smoke; but a dab is gone within like 15 mins at the most
    Aslo gotta throw this in there, but if "everything wreaked" then you weren't spoofing correctly. Let me guess you used to toilet paper roll method, right?
    I don't understand why thats even a thing, TP rolls don't work. Whatsoever. You need a lot more dryer sheets and a lot bigger chamber.
    Try like 2 paper towel rolls taped together; the roll to some wrapping paper; a 2 liter bottle; multiple liter bottles taped together; an old plastic Horn, anything but a tp roll lol. Trust me if you use a large enough spoof AND cover the end of that spoof with a blanket or something there will be literally ZERO smell leftover (besides a hint of dryer sheet); I promise :D

it doesn't matter now, my dad has let me smoke since the age of 17, and i used a spoof one time 
    his girlfriend was over and she freaked because it smells like pots(shes gone now ha). Trust me with a strong nose, a 
    crazy bitch and a small house you can still smell weed through a sploof+window. You can tell me otherwise
    but i've had people smell weed when i've been outside and it lingers downstairs, some weed smoke 
    just smells to damn potent and people have crazy noses.

A sploof isn't just going to cover up the 
    smell of you roasting the pot in the first place, like does all that smoke just disappear? 

11. It actually does, at least any visible smoke. Obviously a little smell will still exist; but if you make one as I said the vast majority gets trapped in the blanket, and anything remaining should be entirely masked by the incense or the candle if you do it all correctly and time everything just right. It takes a little more ingenuity than just "blow into the spoof" if you wanna truly smoke in secret; if thats too much work for you then i totally get that, but don't say its impossible because I know from experience it is not. I have a mom with an INSANE nose that I was constantly trying (and failing) to sneak past throughout high school so I now how that is; this method was the only thing that worked perfectly for me; but its all about tweaking it to your environment; learning how different smells work, etc.

12. what do you mean learn how different smells work?

how quickly they dissipate, what overpowers what, etc

14. well in my opinion oil smoke isnt as gnarly as weed smoke. just throwing in my 2!  :bongin:

15. #15 iTweaker, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Thank you for the answers guys  I totally forget about this thread I made  :rolleyes:  , I think im gonna take the final leap and buy a nice oil rig , btw do most dab hits , hit in one shot? pretty fried sorry if phrasing sounds weird  or is it constant smoke escaping ?? Everytime I see youtube dab videos theres always some smoke escaping from the nail/bowl.

16. A dab is one hit. Just got myself a new rig as well. It's beautiful :)

17. Concentrates' smell dissipates fasster.  Because you only need 1 dab for every bowl of weed there's not NEARLY as much smoke being ejected into your apartment like there would be with an entire bowl of weed.  You get much more potent smells initially, but because the quantity of smoke will be less there will be less of a smell.  

18. dabs will not smell as much as bud as a general rule, im sure you can find some exceptions. 
    either way though dab smell is kinda different from weed some people may not even relate the two.
    and as a few people have said the smell goes away much faster, the smoke is a lot cleaner since there is no burning plant matter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Theres no smoke in dabs, it wont linger in the air like smoke, it will just smell dank for a few minutes and go away. dabs are much more stealth than combustion of herbals. 

20. I like the comparison about smoking or dabbing in a hotel room. 10 mins after someone dabs, there no way in hell that someone is going to smell anything remotely similar to marijuana smoke. Smoking cannabis on the other hand lingers sticks to everything and just darn stinks!

Dab your sap, blast your flowers!!