One of historys most prominent Atheists NDE...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Boats And Hoes, Jul 18, 2013.

1. #62 Boats And Hoes, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014

First of all... you flatter yourself by suggesting that all atheists are on the same intellectual caliber as AJ Ayer. Moreover, this thread isn't about any ol' run-of-the-mill atheist altering perspective, or "opening his mind" to new ideas, rather, it's about a very prominent one, one who was known and lauded as a man of high intellectual capacity (a man, rather, a philosopher who confronted and faced the most elaborate arguments for the existence of a Deity, in light of 20th century physics).

Secondly, why the fck are you comparing skin color to an ideology (that is, to an avowed belief or belief system)? That's an inane, and pitiful, reference; but I know why you did it, it's because you like to think, and assure yourself that you can belittle, and categorize, all theists according to their obnoxiousness and self-incurred oblivion... which is far from the case.

Black people are the color they are without the luxury of a choice (as the case is for all people), i.e., without time to think about it, and yet, on the other hand, an atheist has chosen to take an unequivocal stance on an intellectual matter (a matter comprehended conceptually); so, your analogy is blatantly wrong from beginning.

Now, this thread may have induced a hailstorm of "subtle" insults from GC atheists, but, that's okay, because, as I wrote over and over in the first page of this thread, which most people seemed to happily glance over, I am not, in any way, shape, or form, asserting that Ayer became a theist after this subjective experience, I am merely relating an interesting article about a very smart man who opened his mind to an idea or notion that he literally argued against for his whole philosophical career; and not that an atheist cannot welcome new ideas (what a superficial analysis of the thread, but, hey, it doesn't surprise me ;)).

2. You missed the point nailing yourself to a cross.  Good job.  I've been trolled enough without helping you derail your own thread.

You might like to think otherwise, but you didn't emerge from your mother with a brain full of ideas.  So it's actually you who have made the choice, those of us who prefer not to move away from the position of ignorance have made no such choice.  If you received insults, it's because your attitude is condescending a generalizing insult.  Now, you back away from that with an even greater insult... lol, oh I wasn't talking about _you_ athetits being open minded!  you're far too stupid for that!

You still come off like Bill O'Reilly.  There doesn't have to be a direct connection other than the condescending attitude.

If we cannot relate to Mr. Ayer due to his towering intellect, what is the point of telling us his story?  Could it be... Satan???

• Like Like x 2
  3. NDE = DMT "death trip."

Okay, bro. Nice talking to you.