Has anyone died from dabbing yet?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by catpuchino, Jul 18, 2013.

1. #21 Weedity, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    He just had an underlying health issue and shouldn't have vaporized so much cannabis at once because lets be real here, that can increase risk of heart attacks and strokes when you are heavier and/or older. 

2. WHAT?!!!!!??? chumlee is dead?????

• Like Like x 1
    People who believe internet death hoaxes are hilarious.

4. Don't watch pawn stars, don't know who Chum is, just was saying if he DID die from supposedly vaping too much, is was probably from an underlying health issue triggered by too much abuse of cannabis.  

That still doesn't excuse even the slightest glance into outrageous claims like marijuana overdoses.

6. the post isnt about cannabis in general, just concentrates

concentrated cannabis is still cannabis. the LD50 is too astronomical even considering the potency of the best concentrates versus flower for it to be taken seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #28 Weedity, Jul 18, 2013
    Sure it does, because there has been records of people dying while ON cannabis and people blame it because of a overdose.

Cannabis shouldn't be abused/used in high amounts by those with heart problems when in older age or heavy weight because it does increase your heart rate, changes blood pressure, etc, which can cause a higher risk of them having a heart attack or stroke. 

Still no recorded evidence that such a thing has ever happened and people have been consuming cannabis in high amounts across all ages for a long, long time. I

10. Really? I'm pretty sure I've ready up about people with underlying issues being triggered my cannabis abuse.

Cannabis is amazing, healthy even, but not when abused. It DOES change your heart rate, blood pressure, and that cannot be good in unhealthy overweight people or people with heart conditions. 

If you have heart conditions, obese, etc. I wouldn't recommend using marijuana heavily. You could do it everyday, but I certainly wouldn't recommend all day every day. Regulation is mankinds best friend. 

:rolleyes:

12. I agree with this. You can abuse anything to a point of danger. I'm sure that at some point your pushing your health with massive amounts of THC or any of the other cannabinoids. Even vaping.

And especially if you already have health issues like being overweight or heart problems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. were talking about concentrates...regular cannabis is NOT harmful and will not harm ANYBODY

14. I watched a vid of a guy doing 37 dabs in a row. I think you'll be fine.

15. It's amazing that people think concentrates are even relatively new and somehow pose significantly more danger than flower. If this were an issue, it would have become apparent long before now.

16. knottyy? and if so he isnt human that doesnt count

17. #37 Weedity, Jul 18, 2013
    Well the conversation I was having with him was about Chum dying from vaping too much, and I explained how theoretically it could happen to someone with serious health defects. Especially if your getting stuff from a dealer and aren't sure how it is grown or if additives were used. Not concentrates 

Personally I think tinctures, concentrates, dabbing, etc is cool and all, but gives cannabis a bad name to people who don't know about it. It creates users with more panic attack stories, health side effects, etc. It can potentially hurt the legalization movement with it's popularity recently. Only time can tell. 

I hear the term dabbing is the crack of cannabis often now. I believe dabbing, concentrates, etc should be on special occasions.

Like I want to take my first dab while on vacation in NC in the Outer Banks. That would be awesome. 

This shit isn't recently popular. At all.

19. dabbing and correctly done concentrates are far safer than combustion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #40 Weedity, Jul 18, 2013
    Uhm. Yes it is? Oil rigs, dabbing, etc have ALL been growing in popularity ever since marijuana legalization movement started to grow. More and more people are gaining knowledge of this shit, where before they didn't have as much access to said knowledge.

First off, I've been smoking weed for years. Love the stuff. I have bongs, bubblers, vapes, smoked hash, oils, etc. Never heard of dabbing until last year. Just started researching on oil rigs like 6 months ago.

YOU and your buddies may have known about it for years, but the generality of stoners in areas like where I live don't know what dabbing, oil rigs, concentrates really are. Especially here in New Jersey where the marijuana movement isn't doing so hot.  They may have seen or heard of these things every now and then, but it's not common around here to see such things. 

• Like Like x 1