Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military or Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by smokeGood365, Jul 17, 2013.

1. FIRST THINGS FIRST IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION WITHOUT A D-CK HEAD RESPONSE PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION.

i smoke about a quarter a week(although i do not smoke everyday) Recent high school graduate, I have no job, have a car, stay at home but i'm barely here. I'm not broke because well you know haha. But one of my bestfriends joined the military a couple months ago however he hasn't smoked a day in his life.. I'm thinking about it because the benifits are great the whole fight for your country thing is what has me procrasinating. I can easily just go to a college, and get a job but i want to travel and all of that good stuff. anybody else been in this situation and can give me in sight?

2. #2 Crackhead420, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    MARIJUANA

Think about it if you join military youre:
    - Killing people
    - Risking death
    - Missing your friends and family
    - Missing out on a normal life and the green!

Id recommended another career but its up to you, maybe an air hostess if you like travelling or a truck driver?

3. fuck fascism, go out and get a real job

4. Fighting to defend your country seems cool and all that, but it is not the way to travel or earn money. I know a few guys that have joined and it has really changed them all. You have to ask yourself if you're ready to kill, watch multiple friends die, and take orders blindly. If you really think you can live a normal life after that then feel free.
    You are just graduated high school you have unlimited options, if you want to travel then get a decent job and save up, it's really not too hard. Just don't get sucked into the "easy" option man, do whatever really makes you happy.

5. Not going to get many pro military answers here lol I'm joining the army, actually just passed the drug test. Do your research though, the navy I think travels the most and to the nicest places.

But do research online, talk to some vets, and not recruiters.

Best of luck man, do what makes you happy.

6. Our military hasnt fought for our freedom since WWII.

Keep that in mind.

7. But our brainwashing still has them thinking we are.

8. I'd say join. More than likely your not gonna be killing anyone unless you choose infantry. There are many benefits like free college,travel and women. You can always come back to mj after your service.

9. don't support our military

10. #10 Nebulosity, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    Haven't really given us enough info to make a decision. What job are you thinking of trying for in the military? Which branch of the military are you considering? Navy and air force have the least chance of getting killed in Afghanistan or whatever country we decide to invade next. Air force will most likely give you the most "normal" life, but air force bases are not necessarily located in happening areas of the country.  The navy doesn't see much action right now, but you will have to go to sea on a semi-regular basis, for 6 months or more at a time. If you're looking for adventure, the army or marines might be a good fit but remember a lot of good men and women have come home missing pieces (or not at all), and once you sign those papers your life belongs to the military, not to you. It's easy enough to fuck up and get administratively separated from the service, but a less than honorable discharge will follow you for life.

Forget about that whole fight for your country thing. If you go you will be fighting for your brothers in your unit. That's not a bad thing, and the friendships you make in the military will last you for life. But don't fool yourself into thinking anyone but your fellow soldiers will give a shit about you sacrifice.  Especially the people in charge of this country. They have no problem holding up your pay or decreasing your benefits if it helps them politically.

If you have the money and know what you want to do with your life, go to college. If you don't, save up some money, throw some shit in your car or a backpack and just go. Live your adventure. Stop and work wherever when you run out of money and carry on some more. You're only young once. Personally, if I had it to do over again, I'd save a few grand, buy a bicycle and some gear and set off to see the country or even other countries.

BTW, I think a 1/4 oz a week is a pretty heavy habit. But that's just me.

11. #11 Perking_Duck, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    Did you also post this at the military forum? Would love to see the answers there. But in all seriousness, I can't think of a job that gives u as much benefit as the military straight out of high school. I really cannot. I guess the one negative is that, you can, you know, die.And fyi, plenty of soldiers smoke pot... Whatever the fuck you do away from base it's your business. If anything, ur military status will get you out of troubles that normal civilians wouldn't. You most likely WILL NOT fit in right away when you get back. It takes a while to not say fuck and shot every other word like the rest of us. Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Honestly, I would choose the military.  You can always smoke weed when you're out.  I would join the armed forces if I could, more specifically the air force.  How crazy would it be to work on or potentially fly a plane?  I'm permanently disqualified from a back injury though :(  Any branch though will teach you a trade and job skills that translate well in the job market.  It's actually having a career instead of another crappy job.

13. Do not take this advice. They do care what you do off of base because they own your ass. Sure you can smoke and prey to god they don't drug test you when you return from leave. Then you get dishonorable discharge and lose the only one good thing about the military and that's your benefits. Yes my friend is fighting his case right now for the same thing. Sure you can smoke but surely not worth the risk.

14. only go in if you can get something out of it.

the military is a great choice if you enjoy the lifestyle.  other wise if you go in for the job and experience, make sure you get a trade that you can use when you get out.  

15. Okay I had a similar experience man. I was in the middle of finishing my probation for possession of cannabis and figured I would join the army since I wasn't really doing anything with my life. The recruiter was really aggressive into getting me to join the marines reserves. I told him I have a charge for drug possession and still smoked. He said no prob, I can get you detoxed and waive that charge. He even offered to talk to my P.O. officer to get me off early. I dropped dirty for my P.O. meeting so I dipped state, went back to my hometown and talked to the marines recruiter and told him I stopped going to probation. He told me it wasn't a problem and to get back to him when I get it taken care of.

Want to know why? We're preparing a war with Syria/Iran right now guys! They need a bunch of people for the reserves. You don't get paid shit bro, its under minimum wage. They have you with their legal contract on how you can act even when not being on duty. 

Choose between slavery or freedom.

16. If you have a hard time choosing between the Two then definitely Mary Jane. Unless you get over it and join..

17. I actually had a friend who I used to toke up with a lot, and he just stopped and joined the National Guard.

I haven't heard much from him, but I hope he's doing good.

If it was me in that situation, I wouldn't join. I'm more of a pacifist.

18. College over military. But go to college to learn and expand, not for the parties. Remember that you are paying thousands so get your money's worth.

19. <sup>Fighting to defend your country seems cool and all that, but it is not the way to travel or earn money</sup>
    <sup><sup>[​IMG]</sup></sup>

20. Go to college and if you still want to go to the military when you are done then do what you want

Sent using Grasscity app!