Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Six ways to make hash

• Please log in to reply

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts
I'm going to make this 3/4 oz of leaf shake into bubble hash, then I'm going to iso the remains.

Bubble Hash
First, the things you'll need are a blender, some containers, a reuseable coffee filter, some paper filters, ice, and a coffee grinder to grind the weed (but thats not totally necessary.)
Posted Image

I find it's best to do it in small batches, so I like to use about a quarter ounce for each container.

Now take the quarter oz, or whatever you're going to use, and put it in the blender with 5 or 6 ice cubes and a few cups of water. (measurements aren't really important.)
Posted Image

Blend this mixture for about 3-4 minutes and you'll have a slurry like this.
Posted Image

Now pour this slurry through the reusable filter into your container.
Posted Image
Pour some clean water through after and press the weed down to make sure you push all the trichomes through.

Put a couple ice cubes into the container you drianed the water into and place it in the fridge.
Posted Image

Now take this weed that you just used, lay it flat, and set it out to dry while you continue with this.
Posted Image

At this point you want to repeat these steps with the next batches while the previous ones are chilling.

While chilling, every ten minutes or so, stir just the very top of the mixture only slightly and add an extra ice cube to keep too much from sticking to the sides of the container. You wanna do your best to not agitate the trichomes collecting at the bottom.

After about 45 minutes, you want to carefully pour out only the top layer of water as such:
Posted Image
you want to be very careful not to disturb the trichomes on the bottom.

Combine two containers after pouring out half of each, and let the mixed one now settle just as before.
Continue this until you have condensed everything into one container.

*NOTE* - when pouring out of one of the containers, its good to rinse it out with a tiny bit of water and add that to the mix as well to wash all the trichomes off the sides and bottom and add to the mixture.

You should have a nice sandy coating developing on the bottom of the containers like this. (this is all the containers condensed)
Posted Image
This is your hash.

After this has settled, pour out the top half of water, and pour the rest through a paper coffee filter.
Posted Image
(note: I transfer to a smaller container before this because it takes less time to filter less water.)

After most of the water has drained through, carefully pinch the top of the filter closed and squeeze the rest of the water out, CAREFUL!! A WET FILTER CAN RIP VERY EASILY!
Posted Image

Now just lay the filter on a flat surface and scrape the hash you have made off.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This will be pretty wet, so you can press the excess water out by squeezing it between two dry coffee filters.
Posted Image

Once you have it pressed, you can mold it and let it dry totally, and you have your bubble hash!
Posted Image
3.4g

Iso Hash
First, you need a flat hard surface to pur the iso into, (I like a glass baking dish), baking soda, and a reusable coffee filter.
Posted Image

Now, we take that weed we have let dry
Posted Image
or any fresh weed if you don't wanna make bubble hash out of it first.

Mix the weed in a tightly sealed jar with about an inch more iso than weed in there, and shake the hell out of it.
Posted Image

Do this about every five minutes for 20-30 mins.

Now take this mixture and send it through the reusable filter into the dish you are using.
Posted Image
Press out all the liquid you can, and now you can throw this weed away, it should be useless.

You should have a thick green/black liquid in there now.
Posted Image

Let this sit out for several hours, or overnight, to let the alcohol evaporate.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Now take a razor blade and scrape the dried hash off.
Posted Image
I like to sprinkle a little baking soda on top before I start scraping so it sticks to the blade less.

Take everything you have scraped off and put it on a pile of baking soda
Posted Image
You want to use the baking soda like you would use flour with dough, covering the sticky parts, and folding it over several times to really mix it well and solidify the hash.

After the hash is solid enough, mold it to a desired shape and you are done.
Posted Image
2.3g

All thats left is to keep it in a container with a slight dusting of baking soda to keep it from getting stuck to the sides.

TURNING KIEF INTO HASH
This is a way to turn dry loose kief into hardened hash.

First, you need newspaper, plastic wrap, cardboard, a skillet, and of course, kief.
Posted Image

What you need to do first, is cut a small piece of cardboard about the size of the piece of hash you would like, (it can be molded to a different shape later)
Posted Image

And then you need to thickly wrap the cardboard in plastic wrap
Posted Image

After the cardboard is wrapped tightly, you want to fold one end over and press it as tightly closed as you can, then cut off the other end right above the piece of cardboard, and pull the cardboard out. Effectively you have made a little bag to use for this that should look something like this:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Now you want to fill your little bag with all the kief you are going to use and fold the open end closed.
Posted Image

Now wrap this is a few layers of wet newspaper.
Posted Image

Now, put this on a skillet with the flame on the lowest possible setting.
Posted Image
You want to flip this pretty frequently, and moisten the paper again once it gets dry.
The total time you should really need to have it on the skillet is a couple minutes, you don't wanna burn the kief or melt the plastic wrap, so as soon as the piece starts to get a little too hot to handle, take it off.

Now place on a flat hard surface (i.e. counter) and take a rolling pin or cup, and roll the piece out as hard as you can, flipping a few times. This is doing your main pressing.
Posted Image

Remove the layers of newspaper and plastic wrap and you should have a brick that looks something like this.
Posted Image

This is your kief pressed into hash, total time taken: 15 minutes.

Now this will still be soft and workable, so you can either set it out to solidify as such, or you can now mold it inot a ball or brick shape if you like.
<sub>click for big</sub>
Posted Image

Making shoe hash
Shoe hash is one of the easiest ways to make hash. It's great for a small bit of keif lying in the bottom of your grinder because you don't need that much for this to work. Anywhere from .1 to 5 grams of keif is convertable into hash using this method.

For this you're going to need 1 thin baggie (like you don't have any of those lying around), your keif, a microwave, and a person (the bigger the better).

Step one: make the baggie
Take your baggie and cut it into the shape you desire. Make sure that your baggie is roughly the same size as a 3mm layer of your available keif. Use a lighter to seal up the sides, leaving one side open.

Step two: add keif
Take a standard keif tool (your choice, I use a mini swiss army knife) and fill the bag with keif. Be sure that you don't spill any, that would be tragic!

Step three: Water + seal
Add one drop of water for every .5g of keif you added to the baggie. (If you have less, just add one drop.) Mix the water with the hash until it becomes homogeneous. Now, take your lighter and seal up the open edge of the bag as close as you can to the keif. The hash will be in the shape of the bag, so unless you like thin hash that will crumble you should make sure the bag is as small as possible!

(LAZYNOTE: If you don't or can't use a microwave, leave the keif dry and skip step four. YOU WILL GET PRESSED KEIF THIS WAY, NOT HASH! DON'T BE LAZY!)

Step four: microwave
Some people don't believe in the microwaving method, but I believe it is the best method for heating your keif. Place your keif in the microwave and heat for up to 20 seconds. Heat for at least seven seconds, adding one second for every .1g of keif over .3g.

Step five: go for a walk
IMMEDIATELY place your now warm bag of keif and water in your shoe and go for a walk. You should walk at least a half mile. If you have a heavier friend that's down with what you're doing, you should put it in his or her shoe.

Step six: opening the bag
Make sure you slit the bag with a sharp knife over a container. Sometimes the edges of the hash can be a bit crumbly depending on how you did it.

Step seven: enjoy

RUB HASH
This is a method of making hash by physically rubbing the hash off of plant matter. It is especially a good way to make hash from a plant while it is still growing and rooted.

First, you need (none of these except weed really, but basic supplies include) weed, scisors (or another object that is strong, straight, and with a beveled edge, a good knife works fine too) and latex gloves, but it can also be done without gloves. If you do use gloves, make sure they don't have that powder coating.
Posted Image

The next step is pretty basic, start rubbing the plant matter between you hands, gloves on or off, (it just depends on if you care about your hands getting really sticky.) continue rubbing the weed and changing the buds you are rubbing once you have rubbed them a few mins.

For growers, you want to barely wrap your hand around the stem, buds or koalas and move up and down.

After rubbing the plants or buds for a little while, you will notice a dark coating forming on your hands/gloves, this is your hash.
Posted ImagePosted Image

*note* - I am running low on weed to do this with so I used weed I had already kiefed, so the covering on the hands/gloves should be darker if your buds are not adulterated. In fact, if you are using fresh plants, you should develope a thick black layer on your hands that is pretty much ready to be pulled off and smoked already.

You can then scrape this covering off your hands or the gloves onto a plate.
Posted ImagePosted Image

What has come off is what you have made rubbing between your hands, (trichomes turned into hash).
It should look something like this
Posted Image

Its not very much this time for me, so I didn't press it, but if you were to get enough, or just felt the need to, you can just press it in any number of other ways.

But this is true rub hash, and yet another fun way to make youself some hash.

Butane Honey Oil

I didn't make much, this was for a demo only.

Butane Honey Oil, or BHO:
1. Items needed.
-Butane, clean. search newport butane.
-A thick silicone mitt.
-Cannabis
-Pyrex baking dish
-Teflon bag
-O'kief tube. You can rig another setup, but this should be easy enough.
Dirty carpet in a well ventilated area.

Posted Image

Fill the tube.
Posted Image

Excuse the fuzzy pictures.

Put stopper in place.
Posted Image

Place the teflon bag over the end. This is so that you can freeze the purged product, and crush into a more manageable powder to pour into a storage vessel.

Posted Image

Put the butane nozzle into the hole in the stopper, and release butane for 5 seconds.
Wait. Another 5 seconds.
Repeat three more times.
Then release for twenty seconds.
Release until liquid passing through is clear.
You get something like this.
Posted Image

Have a pot of warm water standing by. Slowly dip the bag in. The butane will boil rapidly and thus speed the purge up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Place that in the freezer, and when brittle, crush. Transfer into a starage container.
Not a terribly large amount, but look at how much is left. I would continue, but that was the last of the clean butane.
Posted Image

Now, butane is dangerous. Don't fuck about. No open flames, and ventilate the area well.

And thats how you can make your own hash. enjoy everyone!
  • zogzog, HerbsINtheBurbs, hoast and 8 others like this

TenderVittles

TenderVittles

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Damn thats a good thread man, it should be stickied.

stillwater

stillwater

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
That's a definite sticky

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts
yeah i feel bad bumping off the old hash sticky.

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts
Great great thread m8. Thanks! You gotta know I'll throw you some rep for this :)

GreenLantern420

GreenLantern420

RIP

• Old School
  • 4,673 posts
Excellent man! You really love your hash, eh?

+rep, this is definitly the best post Ive seen in a while.

Nice work man, now go enjoy all that hash:D

BONGZILLA420

BONGZILLA420

Chief ChiefALot

• Old School
  • 1,412 posts
Plus fucking rep.

zogzog

zogzog

• Registered Upgraded
  • 465 posts
plus rep for a great instructional thread!

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts
I was hoping for a sticky, but im guessing it will take awhile. Anyways unfortunately that isn't my hash it was a friends but i did get to indulge in his labor of love!:smoking:

Tbika

Tbika

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,125 posts
God damn man, this couldnt have come at a better time for me. I was just about to try and make some hash and was looking through a bunch of different methods. Thanks so much, and most deffinitely + rep.

I also agree, this should deffinitely be a sticky, especially since the old has sticky doesnt have pics anymore.

bonez

bonez

weef

• Old School
  • 1,209 posts
swag around here is super cheap, what would be the best way to make hash from swag?

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts

swag around here is super cheap, what would be the best way to make hash from swag?

Well you wont get too much being that you're extracting the THC from the plant matter. But of corse shwag will work. For what type of hash its really up to you ISO is harsh for me but youll get you :smoking: id go with bubble but i love my honey oil but it does takes some work and supplys.:hello:

Valtrex_Man

Valtrex_Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 429 posts
+rep for a very instructional thread! How much bubble hash do you think an oz of mids would make?

Draketh

Draketh

Knock Knock

• Registered Upgraded
  • 535 posts
Whats the recommended % for the iso? or does it not matter? Thanks! +rep

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts

Whats the recommended % for the iso? or does it not matter? Thanks! +rep

i just put a little bit more then an inch more then bud in there dont really need to measure it too well. It all gets desolved in the end.

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts

+rep for a very instructional thread! How much bubble hash do you think an oz of mids would make?

id have to say about 5 grams or so.

stephenleskow12

stephenleskow12

• Registered Upgraded
  • 196 posts
++ rep

Valtrex_Man

Valtrex_Man

• Registered Upgraded
  • 429 posts
What's the most powerful method? I was thinking of puting the butane extraction on the bubble hash, would that work well?

GIMpy12

GIMpy12

Lit

• Registered Upgraded
  • 164 posts

What's the most powerful method? I was thinking of puting the butane extraction on the bubble hash, would that work well?

Most powerful is probably the butane, wonte get too much though but its liquid gold IMO. But i dont know about the butane on the bubble hash.

stickyone13

stickyone13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,803 posts
well done, sir! +rep. And what a timely thread, too! i got a buddy whose keef grinder is almost full, and he wants to keep it keef, while i want to make it into hash (all my bud goes through that grinder too, so the keef is ours). He asked about other ways to make hash, but i told him i didn't know. now i do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users