yoga when high

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by suplove, Jul 17, 2013.

definitely a back (lower back and neck) saver in my case.

i think any man who thinks yoga is for girly-girls.. simply was too proud to ever try a class.
    at the gym where i train, we have fighters, athletes of all levels, football players.
    and there is a hot yoga class to restore and/or warm-up before training.

you should see the shaking, falling all over the place, barely able to hold the pose from these guys are muscle jacked, and very athletic.
    (to be fair, i'm not that much better even after at least half a year of practice on and off).

yoga requires a lot of strength and it certainly helps you to establish mind/body connection, like no other. 

personally i'd say regardless of what you do as far as athletic conditioning goals are, even if you are an olympic power lifter, yoga can benefit anyone. you just have to give it a chance and understand what you can personally get out of your practice. 

helps a lot with basketball too!  

3. I.once did a Google search on yoga while high and got a bunch of asshats saying shit like "yogis don't need weed"

I'm like thinking, yogis don't need to be so uptight either. It defeats Tue purpose

-yuri

4. Yogis vape or eat edibles mostly and I'm sure some smoke. They all prefer to smoke or vape after the session not before.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

5. I'm just talking about some hits I got when I did the search

No doubt lots of yogis use weed

-yuri

6. It's pretty intense and you will sweat slime out LOL Really, it seems like thicker sweat or something. I enjoy it but there are not s studio's within a hour of me.

7. is Bikram yoga hot yoga?  I've wanted to try that, but I sweat so much during regular yoga it would be ridiculous.  And I'm afraid of slipping around on my mat, which happens sometimes even in regular yoga sessions...

8. I'm not a expert but I think bikram and hot yoga are very similar. I bought a hot yoga mat. The top of the mat is kinda like a towel or just bring a towel :)

some purists would kill you for saying that... but yeah they are the same as far as i can tell :)

i think a non-slip top for the mat for like $15 is a must even for a regular class

10. Do I need a mat or am I good with a pair of sock to keep me from slipping?

Stoner Athlete

Get a non-slip mat they are not expensive. If you're in socks you'll be sliding around when pushing your feet on the floor.  Oh man yoga and weed is a good combination, it's almost too easy to zone out and get into the stretch. Too bad you can't smoke before class ;P

12. I do not slide with socks on but barefoot yes I do slide. I only do yoga when I wake up so I can't wake and bake like that. I do yoga first then vape or smoke then workout at the gym.

Stoner Athlete

13. Agreed! Stoned yoga sessions are so good :) It makes me feel so much more in tune with my body. 

Also love getting high before meditating. It goes hand in hand. 

14. How do you guys do it? 

The quality of my yoga is heavily influenced by ability to reach a meditative state while doing it. But my ability to focus on my breath until everything else disappears is hindered by weed, not enhanced by it. 

I would love to know if anyone has any tips on using weed to enhance yoga/meditation. 

quite simply, i'm the opposite.

try a different strain (more indica). 
    don't smoke too much... you can't be really stoned out of your mind. i don't think that would work.