yoga when high

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by suplove, Jul 17, 2013.

1. #1 suplove, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    just got done being stoned as fuck during my yoga class. probably the most therapeutic hour and a half of my life.

2. That's a good mix.

3. High yoga is awesome

4. I want to try out yoga, but I'm not too excited about some of those poses lol. Guess I'll have to man up, any of you blades do yoga?

5. There are different levels.

6. I'm aware of the different levels, which one are you on?

7. #7 Biltwellnigga, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Oh I don't do it.

I did it for a bit in rehab lol but I mostly slept on the mat lol

8. #8 ThrashManiac93, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013

I do, I aim to do it everyday. If I don't do it for a day, or a few days, it really makes me realise how much yoga benefits my overall happiness, energy, vitality and quality of life. Also, if I don't do yoga in the morning, I seem to struggle in making gains in the gym. I am looking to start up Muay Thai/MMA again real soon too, so I have been practicing shadowboxing, and wow my flexibility, speed, composure, precision etc has significantly improved since starting yoga. Meditation is also highly recommended!

9. I'm also a drummer, and I like to sing too (heavy metal e.g. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Savatage), yoga helps with those. And with sex too haha. It's so great for releasing stress, blocked energy and things of that nature.

10. I also want to take up muay thai as well, is that yoga really beneficial for martial arts?

I think so because it improves flexibility, agility and fluidity of motion. If you want to be doing fast, powerful, precise roundhouse kicks to the head, your gunna need to be flexible. It allows you to move your body in a greater range of motion. It also releases tension in different parts of the body, which is a helpful thing in Muay Thai, because in my opinion you want your muscles to be responsive yet relaxed in a fight, tension will slow you down.

12. Righteous, have you ever done Bikram yoga? Thats the type I was really interested in doing.

No the only yoga I have practiced so far is Hatha Yoga. I'm not sure how that is different from Bikram Yoga, but at the moment Hatha Yoga is doing great for me. I will experiment with other kinds of yoga soon. I am also going to look into Tai-Chi/Qigong and practices of that nature.

I just googled 'MMA and Yoga' out of curiosity and I found this link:

http://bikramyogasummerlin.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/why-mma-fighters-and-boxers-love-bikram-yoga/

14. http://www.santosha.com/hala.html

did this tonight.  it was scary as hell, but felt amazing.  stayed in it for awhile, and needed/wanted/got some help getting out.

15. #15 yurigadaisukida, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    I read somewhere that "yogis don't need weed"

Lawl

Some.people...

-yuri

16. I don't get exactly get any profound psychological benefits from yoga myself, but doing it has done fucking wonders for my back and for sore or stiff joints. Went from bending over and barely reaching past my kneecaps (four level spinal fusion, fun stuff) to being able lay my hands flat on the ground. People who bash it for no reason need to get over their damn selves. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

17. I like being stoned when I'm driving. I feel like I'm going 90 when I'm actually going 40 lol. High yoga is awesome too. So is high weight lifting lol

18. i do a lot of yoga practices. 
    once you understanding basic postures, flows and the basics of breathing... you can just create your own sequence for 20 - 30 min.
    plus there is so much info out there on youtube that anyone can practice yoga.

having the right amount of mj in ya is great... it is so much easier to get in the flow or get lost in the breathing/movement. this is exactly what yoga is all about. 

19. Don't be scared to try yoga if your a dude, I started doing yoga because I heard it's good for your back. And if you are doing it high is the way to go

20. #20 IBALL904, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I'm in my 30s and did yoga for a week so far I'm loving it and getting the benefits. I do yoga before I go to gym to lift weights, calisthenics or high speed cardio. I do yoga sober majority and do it high minority. There is no way I'm going to wake and bake before doing yoga so smoking/vaping afterward is best for me.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.