A Metaphysical explanation of God...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Boats And Hoes, Jul 12, 2013.

1.) You have not shown that 'choice' really exists. What is your basis that this anything but a reaction?

2.) Did you actually beam to the moon from the sun? If not, you have yet to violate an laws of physics.

I remember a while back that I conceded that you might have Arnold Schwazenegger's Terminator-like vision.

1. God doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of informing these rapists about how to act.

2. I can't say I'm able to see through the eyes of others, but what exactly are you getting at?

It is you that clearly has not one intelligible grasp on what metaphysical means.

If something is metaphysical, it is unable to be perceived... do you suggest we don't perceive our own thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  5. So far, we have claims of:

"Thought violates the laws of physics."

"You can't tell a rapist that he's wrong."

"Everyone's line of vision might be different."

It's starting to become almost like a parody....

• Like Like x 3
    Well, without those rapists that God generously allows to rape people, we wouldn't be able to understand what goodness is.

With every rape comes a new opportunity to praise God for his generosity.

(or something like that lol)

• Like Like x 3
    Wrong.  Less obnoxiously composed this time thankfully, but still wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    Highway to the Danger Zone should play, because you know after the guy doesn't learn from the first one being shut down where you're headed.

• Like Like x 1
    No way!  Say it aint so!

10. Interesting quote at the beginning of this thread, I don't believe in a god but i still feel something spiritual could be possible.  Thanks for the quote though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. By objective and moral precedent are you referring to the Bible or religion in general?  I feel a little confused by the above statement, i strongly doubt humanity would fall into amoral shambles without the crutch of religion.  Would it not be possible we all have empathy for each other and based on imagining how victims would feel we agree as a community to not raping people? Perhaps im misinterpreting where you were coming from with this one.

12. #52 Boats And Hoes, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    1.) Ever heard of induction and quantum indeterminism... ur reactions aren't as determined as u demand them to be. ;)

2.) Yet, u don't understand that the thing affirming or denying whether or not I actually beamed to moon isn't something that I experience by way of my senses...

13. #53 Boats And Hoes, Jul 12, 2013

1.) Woe to those who trade this world for the hereafter...

2.) That u don't have any actual evidence for my, and other peoples', sight... just like I don't have any tangible evidence for the afterlife.

14. #54 Boats And Hoes, Jul 12, 2013

1.) Wrong. Something is metaphysical if it's beyond the direct grasp my five senses.. just as atoms are beyond the experience of my five senses.

15. You seem to have a very primitive interpretation of God. If God is Omni-all that shit, then doesn't it mean that whatever is happening is supposed to happen? How could the mind of a human comprehend God? We live in an illusion of our own making, all our sensory perception cannot portray truth, but we derive truth from it through means of reason.

There is no tragedy, there is no good, and there is no evil. At least not at the ultimate level. I'll tell you what true evil is. True evil is attachment to illusion, attachment to falsehood, causing one to live in ignorance and acting in accord to the falsehood that you believe to be real.

The universe is just One thing, meaning that nothing is truly separate from anything else, yet we have such inability to perceive others as being ourselves, unable to love unconditionally, because truth is clouded from a subjective perspective produced from the separation that makes the One into parts.

• Like Like x 1
    Beyond the grasp of your senses. Not "five senses"

The "five senses" are bullshit, there are way more than 5.

17. #57 Boats And Hoes, Jul 12, 2013

And how do u know this...? By thinking...? :rolleyes:

So which is it... can we choose, or can't we?