Fantasy Football 2014-2015

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LIsmoker, Jul 11, 2013.

Yeah got that changed, thanks for the reminder.

Looks like we have a full 12 teams this year but if we get more people interested I'd love to up that to 14 teams.

2. Yeah 14 would be really cool. I've actually never done more than 10 and i always thought it would be cool to have to get really creative with your lineup and have to start the most random people.

3. Idk about 14 .. 12 seemed good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yeah i'd also say stick with 12

5. I would only say stick with 12 not because its too many people, but because I doubt we find 14 people who will actually be active in the league all year.

6. Also to add that I'd rather have 12 active people I don't care for popularity on the forums tho I kinda would like to play with people I've known for a couple years or people who actively post here In the sports section ..

You know? Would you rather have an active team from a member with 2k+ posts or play with a troll who has under 200 posts? If we get more than required and keep it at 12 I think we should hold the last 11th and 12th team and actually pick 2 players instead of first come first serve so we have better quality

7. I don't see what the big deal is.. Its a game just for fun. lol

8. Because it's a gc league man people who've been here longer and who've been more active should be able to get in on the league.. not some troll who just joined the forums 2 weeks ago

9. Why wouldn't new members be allowed to play? I fail to see the understanding your trying to give me. Am I not worthy of playing in a league of yours just because I am new or don't post as often as you? If that's the case then I wouldn't even want in to begin with. 

10. #1110 Kooz, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Come on man what the fuck .. even in my first post I tried to make it where I really don't care who joins but let me break it down further

I never said newer members couldn't join .. I never said ANY THING about not letting anyone in or out of the league to begin with . I simply stated that active members thatve been around should be given a spot . If you dont want to play in the league than take yourself out because for 1 im a returning member from last years group and secondly I said it isn't a popularity contest . I don't want people in the league who aren't active whether that be on the forums or in the espn fantasy football GC league .. it all boils down to who will remain active in the league and that's that .. don't make this something it's not

11. No way am I backing out. lol I just misunderstood your reasoning. We have two spots (if that) to potentially fill and you think that they should be filled with respected members of our city. I get that. I just don't understand the judgement to newer members. Like just because they are new doesn't mean they wont be on top of their team and shit. lol but whatever its no big deal.

12. Yeah I get what your saying and I get what it possibly makes me look like a douchebag but I'd rather have loyal gc members in the gc league than some random dude who joins with 46 posts and at the end of the season went inactive midway through and still only has like 53 posts on gc u know?

13. #1113 Kooz, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    When's draft day for gc league ? Sometime late August obv?

14. Yeah I don't think we've even discussed a date yet. Sometime at near the end or after preseason would be good

15. Just adding a suggestion. Whichever date is chosen, I believe it should be at night or late in the day (ET).

I'm going to leave the league at 12 people and if we get more we will deal with it later.

As for the whole new members/old members thing we hope to have 100% active people which didn't happen last year so I'm hoping it works out great this year. 

I was thinking late August or even in Sept. How does Sept 2nd work for everyone? 

Late in the day EST time of course like 9pm or later so that those on the west coast can attend as well.

17. I have no idea what my work schedule will be at this point but the latest I ever get off is at 10 meaning anything after 10:30 pm eastern works for me

18. #1118 LIsmoker, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    I was thinking 11pm EST so that's 8pm PST. How about august 27th?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I'd be down with that. 

20. Ill be postin in this thread! I was in two 8 team leagues last year. In a single 10 this year