Fantasy Football 2014-2015

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LIsmoker, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Yeah nfl.com is my first choice but I'm fine with ESPN.

2. Okay glad to hear it ill count u in!

3. I'm in if it's not too late

Not too late at all haven't even started up the league yet getting numbers and info first.

5. #25 LIsmoker, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    I'm going to set up the league either today or tomorrow unless someone else wants to take over as Commissioner.  If people can list times that would be good for them for the draft that would be great.

I am looking at doing it the last week in August so that would be August 26th to the 31st.  If everyone interested can list times and days that are good for them during that time period than I can set up the league.

We have 9 people interested now so should I place the team number at 10 and hope for one more or do 12 and let more people get interested as well.

For the roster I was thinking of making the settings as like this:
    [​IMG]

And if people can look at the ESPN standard scoring and let me know what they would like to change or if it is okay I'd appreciate it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=fflrulesstandardscoring

6. #26 HT, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    max teams 16

plenty of regulars who will fill the spots eventually. hit up the NFL thread one more time with the link like early-mid August if its not filled by then

7. Send us the link asap thanx ....Whoo Hoo ! time for some football ! :metal:

8. I don't really care what the scoring is as long as its not something crazy

9. So should I PM my email to Llsmoker?

I'll be posting the link here when I finish creating the league.  Anyone have any ideas for a league name or is "The City" good for everyone?  
    Haven't had anyone comment on the scoring or roster so I'll take that as it being good for all those interested.

As for the number of teams I kinda feel like 16 is a lot and will leave the teams scarce.  Maybe 12 or 14 would be better.

So far here are the people I have interested, if you are not on the list and want to be or vice versa please alert me.

1. LIsmoker
    2. GDMC420
    3. CaptnCasuL
    4. MrHvyduty
    5. morningbake
    6. TNA
    7. Kooz
    8. MaltedGrapez
    9. SmOkiepokie

11. there is a great amount of talent in the NFL these days, & with backups getting more involved then ever before with two-back systems, 3-4 wide outs on the feild in these spread offenses,  two-TE sets with both players having the ability to catch the football.....there wont be a roster depletion issue, it just make the starters you draft that much more important to your teams success.

some of your backups will great players, but some will be just that, backups for their real clubs. whats the fun in drafting two starting lineups worth of guys that you can just switch in & out when they have their byes or get injured?

Ive done a couple of 12-team mock drafts this week, & in the final rounds Im still selecting guys who will have big roles...starting roles....on their clubs

not sayin well get 16 participants but if we do, why not?

12. im down to do a city league. count me in. 

13. I will play

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Yo I'll actually do it but you should make a TE mandatory. Also what is Offensive Player Utility?

15. The attached picture about league settings won't load for me. I think 12-14 is ideal with 16 being the absolute max. If we do 16 there needs to be a roster limit of 2 for QB, K, and D/ST. There are only two starters at each position per fantasy player in a 16 team league so if we're allowed to keep more than 2 on our roster some people will be screwed during bye weeks.

Here's the photo:

[​IMG]

17. you need to change TE to 1

18. I still just see a small blue question mark where the picture should be

alls it is is a picture of the roster..which currently states the following

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    0 TE
    1 flex
    1 Offesive Player Utility (Sounds like another flex spot to me, but one thats not restricted to RB/WR/TE. So youd be able to play two QBs if you wanted? I dont know. Itll prolly get voted out if thats the case.)
    1 D/ST
    1 K
    7 Bench

20. That's good most likely for a 10-12 team league so long as you add in the tight end spot. Any higher and it would probably be better to go this route:

1 QB
    1 RB
    1 WR
    1 TE
    1 RB/WR
    1 RB/WR/TE
    1 WR/TE

1 K
    1 D/ST

Just throwing this out as a suggestion but a little flexibility can go a long way if one position ends up being stretched pretty thin. We've seen years that RB's were huge and we've seen years where WR's were big.

Also is this going to be a PPR league or no? Fine either way just wondering....