Police State: Man charged with gun possesion felony, had concealed carry license could get 8 years prison

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jul 11, 2013.

1. I stand corrected. But that sounds even worse

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Damn. Dude shoulda re-did his CCW. Negligence usually does not hold water

3. #43 jay-bird, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    Do you know what a real statist is? Nowadays everybody just creates their own definition. What the left wing democratic regime has done is commandeer the "statist" title meanwhile these people are pretty much the downfall of the state. You got liberals and neocons who are the go-to statists now. Nobody realizes that a centrist-statist in any country, is good for that country lol. Centrist statists do not want to be so personally entangled with personal, social and most economic affairs. Why do statists have to be expanders, rather than consolidators of legislation?

Liberal policies that mimmick statism have caused near irreversible damage to the system, while making the country extremely apathetic, lethargic, and their power null to this regulated machine which diminishes rights if you hurt the wrong persons feelings. Thus the opposite of true statism. Nobody in America is unified in goals (employers not ceasing to hiring immigrants for low wages, job and economy problem will not cease for example, political polarization is another example. Dems side with the immigrants and repubs side with the employers) - thus many factions implementing their own opposing legislations yields the opposite effect of true statism.

In terms of economics you can consider repubs and dems equally guilty in allowing nearly all macro and personal processes to be controlled by the state.

4. It's a fucking joke. Like the "bad guys" aren't going to get guns anyway or anything? Lets just keep the people protectionless. Tch, Liberals are ruining everything about America. I'm astonished, what are these people thinking? 

5. It's not the liberals, it's folks that don't think and keep their shit togather.
    Go join your conservative buddies and take someones right to vote away. :smoke:

6. #46 Weedity, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    Mostly Liberals. Liberals vote Obama, Obama fuck shit up. 

I'm not conservative. It's just plain as day that it's the Liberals ruining America, if you can't see that then shame on you.

Not like conservatives are any better. Anything too far left or right is NOT good for America. Just for now, Liberals have taken hold of America, and Obama is betraying everyone. Liberals voted him in office. If you think Obama isn't fucking America up, shame on you again. 

For lefts and far rights HAVE got to go. System seriously doesn't work. 

http://godfatherpolitics.com/11306/most-liberals-will-still-love-obama-even-though-he-rules-like-a-tyrant/

Little article I like. This isn't a far left or far right problem, this is a freedom problem. 

7. Shame on you with your blind followings. It was a State issue, so let's blame Obama and any liberal we can find. Lol. Want to take a guess as to which party not only has a majority, but a super majority in Tennessee? :smoke:

8. Would this be news (and I use that term loosely) of the man was in employed and on food stamps? Would there be the same outrage?

I guess because he has a good job, the cop should have given him a free pass.

You know your life is pretty good when THIS is what qualifies as a "police state".

9. Lol @ so many extolling the virtues of being a moderate. Sigh...

He is a resident of Delaware, and sometimes works in Pennsylvania. Tennessee offers a concealed carry permit that is valid in those states through reciprocity, if it is not expired.

The majority party in TN has nothing to do with this case at all.

11. Obama = bush

Silly.

Conservatives and liberals are out dated. They are one party

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. He got his permit in Tennesse, The lawmakers in Tenn. has a lot to do with the laws, don't ya think. :smoke:

Preston's Tennessee permit to carry a concealed weapon expired when he obtained a Delaware driver's license in December,

13. #53 lilro, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013

There isn't a state in the entire country that offers any form of licensing/permit without an expiration date. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the TN legislature.

If it didn't expire because of date, but because he changed his state of residence, then the issue is Delaware's for not offering reciprocity, not Tennessee's.

The majority of concealed carry permits are valid through most states. Only a few states do not offer reciprocity. That is not the fault of the permit issuing state, but the state that does not accept the permit as valid.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

14. I was under the impression that the reason it was "expired" was because he obtained the driving license. (Which didn't make sense after a quick read of their statues). It sure as hell had nothing to do with Obama, nor any liberals. :smoke:

15. #55 *guest, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

Yeah, that's really the gist of it here. 

You aren't going to get out of a speeding ticket because you didn't know the speed limit and you aren't going to get out of a firearm charge because you didn't know your permit was expired. It's your responsibility to keep tabs on that shit, the expiration date should be right there on the card. 

No way he's going to get 8 years though, that sounds like the absolute maximum punishment. He'll probably end up with probation or community service, especially with this being his first offense. 

16. This has nothing to do with govt people, it is the individuals responsibility.  If he had a valid permit he would not be where he is today, people need to start taking responsibility for themselves already....its always someone else fault.

I assumed it expired because of the date, because the word "expire" is usually associated with a date/time. Otherwise it would just be "invalid".

18. too many big words in this thread :confused: lol

19. #59 jay-bird, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    The politics section is being reborn

then why didn't you change it to statist.  You said liberal for a specific reason.  If you knew anything about Obama, you'd know he's not a liberal.  And anyone who supports Obama and thinks he is a liberal obviously knows nothing about liberalism.  So your excuse isn't valid, it was just an emotional attack at liberals.