Stealth PC grow - 1st time

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by galo doido, Jul 11, 2013.

1. 3 hours after I turned on the lights and it looks way greener already, so I think it will survive :D

[​IMG]

2. #22 seedlingstarter, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
    yea the plants fine. for the stretching you can fill in the empty space with more soil to the top of the rim then once its about 2 or 3 weeks you can lst the plant to bring down the height and remember to have the plant about 2 inches under the cfls or it will stretch trying to get closer to the light

3. Temps are in the 85-90 range, I need to get a bigger fan or add asecond one :(

4. no man keep on growing 
    just move the plant closer to the lights to avoid stretching

5. moving along nicely, it is dark green now and the true leaves are getting bigger. I removed 2 lamps until I get another fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. i would keep it on 20/4 or 24 hr veg to keep it from stretching

7. I'm keeping it on 24h, lets hope it doesn't stretch too much

[​IMG]

8. METAL FOIL tape.... its what professionals use for ducting tape..... seal your light leaks with that

9. in the future, fill your cup 3/4 with dirt.... then, as your plant does its initial seedling stretch, you can fill in the dirt around it (not up to the cotyledons but close)

10. New leaves starting to grow but the stem is "crooked", is this normal? The cup is directly under the light

[​IMG]

11. Don't worry man, she'll straighten out. If your worried about her posture you can always use sticks n string.

12. hold your hand up to your lights.... find the closest you can hold your hand without being uncomfortable.... get your plant's "head" that close to your cfl's sometimes when I was using cfl I'd have my leaves almost touching the bulbs..... this was without the extra heat trapped by the case..... I know less than nothing about growing that small..... in boxes.... I like to use whole rooms if I can.... at the moment I just have a walk in closet to work within the confines of.... I couldn't even imagine keeping it inside a pc case.... then again.... I cant seem to make a quarter ounce last 2 days.....

13. thanks for the tips. I live with my parents, so I have to grow stealthily :(

I moved it a little closer to the light. New leaves are getting bigger.

[​IMG]

14. whats in your soil? 

15. My family has a little farm near my house, so I got the soil they use to plant lettuce, tomato, etc. and added some worm castings. Tried to get some perlite, but couldn't find it anywhere, Brazil sucks :(

I bought a ph testing kit, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I had to rush this grow a bit because I want to harvest in 3 months, so it was more like a test grow. Bag seeds, small pc case, just to learn and prepare for my next grow, with good seeds.

16. #36 seaf0ur, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    lava rock or pumice stone is much much better than perlite.... I'd personally NEVER use perlite. It doesn't stay where you put it. It instead finds a way to float to the top of your pot leaving you with no aeration and a huge pile of perlite on top of your soil.... a brewing store will have rice hulls for those that brew their own. you might wanna try that instead.

Reason I ask about the content of your soil is because it appears that you have a strong amount of either coco husk, or wood material?

17. I honestly don't know what it is, I just got the soil they use in the farm. It appears to be little wood twigs, dead leaves, etc., is that bad?

I took a better picture so you can see:
    [​IMG]

18. Maybe be from the roots, but that discussion for a whole new subject. I'd just look here on the forums a quick compost recipe or try and find the best potting soil that doesn't have time release nutrients or is flat out organic. Local hydro store? $9.00 for a decent size bag of Fox Farm.

19. I live in Brazil, we don't have that here :(