Stealth PC grow - 1st time

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by galo doido, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Inspired by Doormouse topic (http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1194511-doormouses-stealth-pc-build-guide-grow-journal.html) and tired of smoking bricks I decided to try to grow my one :)

Finished my PC setup today, I'm using three 25W 6500K CFL (1466 lumens each) and one 80mm exhaust fan (no filter yet, it is on my to-do list). I'm also planning on making some reflectors for the CFLs. My case still has some light leaks, i'm trying to close them all.

pics:

[​IMG]

light test
    [​IMG]

leaks
    [​IMG]

I have some questions:
    - Will these leaks harm flowering? (Natural light coming in during darkness period)
    - Should I run two 6500k + one 2700k for veg or is three 6500k better?
    - In flower is it better to use three 2700k or two 2700 + one 6500k?
    - When will the smell get bad? I need to know when to build the carbon filter.

I will germinate the bag seeds this week and post updates, thank you.

2. Looks pretty good man. here's the answers to your questions.

- yes, leaks will cause your plant to hermy and have seedy buds.

-this one's a hotly debated topic. some people Mix their spectrums for more of a full spectrum effect, others stick to one spectrum. I fall in the later as the 6500k spectrum is best suited for veg.

-same as above. its a personal preference

-its gonna get really smelly after just a couple of weeks of flower. There are diy mini carbon filter instructions on gc that are super easy to make and pretty effective. Here's a pic of mine. its a pencil holder with a fan and some carbon sheets. pretty simple.

Good luck and happy growing!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. That's a pretty neat setup, Gotta fix those leaks though. Also, make sure those lights are as tight and secure as can be, cause I've lost young plants at one time from the lights falling on them. I am by no means a successful grower, closest I've come was when I was growing outside, had a little something going there, only to lose it to pests.

4. Thanks. The lights are screwed onto the case, so I believe there is no risk of them falling. I'm thinking about how to fix the leaks, since they are in the moving "door" of the case

5. Thank you for your help. Do you have any ideas for closing the leaks? The leak on the back I will close with the carbon filter, but the one on the door I don't know how to close it :(

6. Hmmm... You can hang a strip of black trash bags or Mylar from the top on the inside of your case so that it overlaps the leak. Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe check around on the other pc grows to see how they did it. My grow is a bit different so I'm not entirely sure...

7. nice lookin pc there. About light leaks harming the plant, those side door panels won't allow for small room or sun lighting to seek through so a hermie plant isn't really gonna come out unless its genetic through the seeds. But if your concerned about stealth than yes get those leaks fixed up try putting tape over it and poking wholes through the tape for where your door can still go on using something slick on the tape so it can still slide on and offi've seen this done before. Oh and yes the fans lighting is big enough to cause hermies so do get a carbon filter or light trap over that. Anyways you picking bagseed first run or atuo?

8. To seal the light leaks apply caulk to the case where you need to seal and apply vasaline to the moving part that you don't want to stick.
    Don't worry the vasaline cleans up easy.

how to light seal.jpg

9. Brilliant!

10. I think that you should create a separate box for flowering somewhere down the line, cause there isn't a whole lot of space in that tower.

11. I'm doing a bagseed first to learn, if everything goes ok i'm doing a Barneys Grape Muerte auto, seeds should be arriving soon :)

12. I thought about that, but I don't have much space and it needs to be stealth, I live with my parents and they can't know.

13. nice set up, well done. As for the opening, if you're not going to have an intake fan then you have to have some openings to allow for air. Otherwise your girls isn't gonna make it very long. 

14. I'm trying to germinate some bag seeds, but they were very bad. Tried leaving some in a cup of water and some in wet paper towels, but only one cracked a little. I put it in a party cup with a plastic bag on top, but I don't have much hope :(

I also ordered some seeds from Herbies, hopefully they will arrive this month.

15. Now I wish I had an old broken down computer :3

16. Ask a buddy if he has a bunch of seeds stashed in a mint can or a jar or something, most potsmokers i know keep some of their seeds. Any seeds that are pale when you take them out of the bud are no good, and any seeds that are a rich dark brown are healthy. It's a hit and miss with bagseed.

17. I got like 10 seeds, but most didn't even sink when I left them in a cup of water.

Weed here in Brazil is really shitty, it usually comes in pressed bricks, so most seeds are not healthy. And it is hard to find seeds in the brick, we usually just grind a piece of the brick, so if it had any seeds they just get grinded :/

Take a look at the brick:
    [​IMG]

18. #19 newbkushgrower, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    I usually get my seeds from bags of mid. anywhere from $7-$10 in my area. I wouldn't pay $3 for that shit. maybe for that one decent little nug i see in there. You said you put the seeds in a cup of water?

19. #20 galo doido, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
    Did I already fuck up?

I had lost hope on my party cup seed, so I turned the lights off when I left the house. 24 hours later I return and find this:
    [​IMG]

The leaves are yellow and the stem seems HUGE, which is a big problem, since I have very limited height. But I'm really worried about the yellow leaves, do you think the plant will survive?

Thanks