Florid said to be next state to legalize Medical MJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ManateeGrower, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Hey man I just beat 2 years probation, right after ending 1.5 years reporting. All you need is a scapegoat and a clean up plan.

2. Hell yes!  I'm moving to Florida in a month!

3. If the Feds would just get their act together and decriminalize altogether states illegal status laws would fall like dominoes. 

4. Whereabouts

5. im thinking del ray beach

6. Is that gulf side or atlantic

It's about 30 minutes from Miami

8. I'm in Florida.
    Pretty sure the main reason it hasn't happened yet is because no one here who is for it really pushes for it.
    Js.

9. I have been following this story and from what I understand this is what's up. There is a woman named Cathy Jordan who has ALS and she started her own grassroots organization years ago to lobby for the legalization of medical marijuana. Recently, (within the last 6 months) there was a piece of legislation introduced into Florida's congress for mmj legalization and they named the bill after her. This lead to her residence being raided by her county's sheriff's. She and her husband cultivate mmj for her condition. They ended up not bringing any charges against her, but the bill went no where in congress. In fact shortly after her bill was introduced a bill prohibiting the sale of glass pipes and bongs was introduced and passed and recently went into effect (July 1st I believe). Anyway, after her legal troubles she no longer had the funds to continue with her organization and push for mmj legalization. This is where John Morgan comes in. Apparently while his father was dying of cancer, he was able to find some relief using mmj. So when Morgan heard about Cathy's struggles he stepped in with financial help and became the public figure head of her organization. They renamed the organization United For Care. Also, because the mmj bill stalled un congress, United for Care is pushing to have the issue put on the ballot in 2014. According to their website there will be a petition out soon as they have to get a certain number of signatures to get the issue on the ballot. So if you live in florida check out United For Care. I signed up with them and am watching for the petition. They alsi have pre written emails on their site that you can sign and send to your representative. Get involved people! Let's make this happen!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Everyone living in Florida replying with "I wish" kinda attitude, have a read of what the guy above me posted.

That's what I'd be doing if I was remotely close to getting medical mmj in my area.

11. Its the general idea that its hard to get involved and make a difference, but its really not

12. Our state in general is to far against marijuana for much to happen. My county especially is very anti marijuana.

Cathy Jordan is president of Florida Cannabis Action Network. Kim Russel first started Pufmm. Kim was running the petition for mmj, but lacked the funds necessary to operate a full fledged campaign to gather signatures. That's where Morgan comes in. He took over the helm, renamed it, got a slick new website/facebook page, and filed the petition last week in the Florida legislature. They were supposed to have it ready last month, but everyone is still waiting to see the petition and start gathering the seemingly impossible 700,000+ signatures.

There's rumors that Morgan's petition is going to be very restrictive in regards to mmj access. Nothing like California or Colorado. So most likely your Doc ain't gonna give you a prescrip for a tooth ache. You'll basically have to be on your death bed. But I'm not sure. Still waiting to read the damn petition!

14. Update: Just got an email from united for care and the petition is out! I know FL won't be like Cali but as a healthcare worker I see a lot of patients who could benifit from mmj. Plus it's a step in tge right direction!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #35 Green Wizard, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    Finally the petition is ready! Pretty vague overall. It leaves all the regulation up to the Florida Department of Health, which if it gets passed, they have six months to implement a program. Nothing on personal growing. Looks like it will be state regulated production and distribution centers. It sucks, but no surprise. Check it out: http://unitedforcare.org

Should we start a new thread and talk strategies, planning, and coordination amongst fellow Florida blades?

16. From plantation, lived there 12 years, and i really hope this passes so at least if my siblings ever smoked they wont get fucked by the long dick of the law

17. A fairly recent news article mentioned something about 7 in 10 Floridians want it legalized medically...so there IS hope.

Plus, we're being funded now by a big democratic fundraiser. I've volunteered with PUFMM in the past, the money is definitely what we needed to get shit going.

18. I really hope this passes.  If it does do you think I'd be able to get a mmj card for type 1 Diabetes in Florida?

19. I saw a long list of qualifying conditions - that wasn't one of them.

20. people will have to push harder than those cookie cutter letters from the norml page.