New Build - Need help with lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Baldheaded Rasta, Jul 9, 2013.

1. I'm still in the planning stage of my build and wanted to kno what type of lights would be best for the space I have.

This is the cab im planning on building. the flowering chamber is 23X14X48h

View attachment Cabinet.pdf

I was looking at these lights but I wanted to get a few recommendations if there's something better

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-15-Watt-T8-18-in-Plant-and-Aquarium-Linear-Fluorescent-Light-Bulb-392266/100176624#.Udw-WKxwaUk

Also, The dimensions of the cab is not set in stone so if you think I should change the dimensions to fit another light please let me know!

Thanks!

2. At 37 inches, wide your box would be OK for a mother plant or two, unless you have some experience growing in tight places stick to a box 48 iches wide, you'd be grateful for the extra room, that way you'd be able to hang a T5 rack of 4 tubes 4 ft long in there, with little or no heat to extract, your current flouro at 18" is just too small in the luman area see a 600w HPS kicks out 98000 lumen to your  410, on the flouro 1x 36 inch flouro T8 kicks out 3050 lumen ...compare!!
    For better results consider :California Lightworks 200w Solarflare  http://www.californialightworks.com/Products_SolarFlare.htm
    although expensive, you already saved a bundle building the box....lol

:

THanks for the info! so if i was to extend the cab to 48" the only way to get a 4' T5 Rack is to eliminate the vegg chamber all together?

4. so i think i got a good set up now... my new Cap is going to be 16"x30"x48" i desided on T5 Fluorescent set up from the depot

Im also going to use this set of lights and mount on the side walls of my cab to get the most light penatration.

am i on the right path?? Please help me out, this is my first grow..

I will post pics of my new design later.

Oh ok Thank you!
    Take a look at the new design here

I took into acount what you said but i wouldnt have enough space for 4' lights, so i went to 2ft. let me know what you think