Anyone know why folks wont ship to PA, Iowa etc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mogwi411, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I'm just wondering about this cause I thought it was illegal to ship drug paraphernalia from any state to any other state because it falls under federal jurisdiction.  And in the same vein, I would think it legal to ship a tobacco pipe from any state to any other state.  I know that some states have different penalties but there are a lot more states than PA and Iowa that have laws regarding distribution of drug paraphernalia.

2. All I know is Tommy Chong got sent to prison for shipping a bong to PA. But then again the feds were after him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Every state has its own classifications for paraphernalia.  Iowa and Pa basically state that that which falls under the category "paraphernalia" must be sourced, distributed, and bought locally.  No paraphernalia can be imported or exported from the state. 

4. http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/863.htm

(d) "Drug paraphernalia'' defined
    <blockquote>The term "drug paraphernalia'' means any equipment, product, or material of any kind which is primarily intended or designed for use in manufacturing, compounding, converting, concealing, producing, processing, preparing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body a controlled substance, possession of which is unlawful under this subchapter. It includes items primarily intended or designed for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana,\\1\\ cocaine, hashish, hashish oil, PCP, methamphetamine, or amphetamines into the human body, such as--
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    \\1\\ So in original. Probably should be "marihuana,''.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic pipes with or without screens, permanent screens, hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls;
    (2) water pipes;
    (3) carburetion tubes and devices;
    (4) smoking and carburetion masks;
    (5) roach clips: meaning objects used to hold burning material, such as a marihuana cigarette, that has become too small or too short to be held in the hand;
    (6) miniature spoons with level capacities of one-tenth cubic centimeter or less;
    (7) chamber pipes;
    (8) carburetor pipes;
    (9) electric pipes;
    (10) air-driven pipes;
    (11) chillums;
    (12) bongs;
    (13) ice pipes or chillers;
    (14) wired cigarette papers; or
    (15) cocaine freebase kits.
    </blockquote>(e) Matters considered in determination of what constitutes drug paraphernalia
    <blockquote>In determining whether an item constitutes drug paraphernalia, in addition to all other logically relevant factors, the following may be considered:
    (1) instructions, oral or written, provided with the item concerning its use;
    (2) descriptive materials accompanying the item which explain or depict its use;
    (3) national and local advertising concerning its use;
    (4) the manner in which the item is displayed for sale;
    (5) whether the owner, or anyone in control of the item, is a legitimate supplier of like or related items to the community, such as a licensed distributor or dealer of tobacco products;
    (6) direct or circumstantial evidence of the ratio of sales of the item(s) to the total sales of the business enterprise;
    (7) the existence and scope of legitimate uses of the item in the community; and
    (8) expert testimony concerning its use.
    </blockquote>(f) Exemptions
    <blockquote>This section shall not apply to--
    (1) any person authorized by local, State, or Federal law to manufacture, possess, or distribute such items; or
    (2) any item that, in the normal lawful course of business, is imported, exported, transported, or sold through the mail or by any other means, and traditionally intended for use with tobacco products, including any pipe, paper, or accessory.
    </blockquote>(Pub. L. 91-513, title II, Sec. 422, as added and amended Pub. L. 101- 647, title XXIV, Sec. 2401(a)-(c), Nov. 29, 1990, 104 Stat. 4858, 4859; Pub. L. 106-310, div. B, title XXXVI, Sec. 3614, Oct. 17, 2000, 114 Stat. 1230.)

</blockquote> 
    Only paranoid people don't ship to those states, they aren't any different. The only reason people think that is because of OPD and they only busted them because they wanted Chong.

5. So as long as its a brand new piece, doesn't have instructions or public advertisement, then you'll be fine.

Or if you know someone who's cool at a local shop ask them to ship it there.

6. False. I got busted for a dd slide that was brand new.

what kind of busted?

8. Got a call from the federal postal inspector. I was slinging a lot at the time so I let him work me over so as to avoid getting raided. Heard him smash it over the phone. 2 weeks later I moved to Denver. Just got too paranoud .

9. #9 mogwi411, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    Dang, but that's federal and shouldn't have anything to do with PA/Iowa other than you might have been in that state at the time.

They just broke it and that was the last you heard of it?

10. Technically I would've been fine. Said it was for tobacco. Cops in Iowa SUCK when it comes to weed. He intimidated me and smashed it. Had I not had 3 lbs od weed in my apartment at the time I would've shot him down but alas I didn't want to risk a raid.