How-To : LST (Low Stress Training)

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I have always used some kind of LST training before when blooming out the ladies but never have I trained a plant to grow horizontally at the level of the pot or below. I saw this once and had to try it since I was reduced from a 10 x 10 grow area to a apartment 5 x 5 x 5 grow now with a 600 watt setup. All soil and mostly all organic nutrients, I go for flavor a lot. Check it out here's 2 shot of "Crystal" Lst setting up for bloom...

Crystal is northern lights x white widow max

View attachment 143519
    View attachment 143518

2. Alright I got this sad little plant from a friend. It was about to die. I nursed her for a while and noticed her getting a lot healthier. Now I have pretty much just been pulling her down a couple inches at a time. Mainly just to keep light on the lower growth. And this is what I've come up with. Would like to keep it circling the pot.
    uploadfromtaptalk1407562950411.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407562970698.jpg

3. Just put a sour diesel clone in my grow room. The stem is super skinny but it's a tall clone so I wanna start LST ASAP. How soon can I start?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I always just let it sprout roots (about a week) and watch it till it starts looking healthy again. Then slowly intruduce it to training.

5. Yo so I got 2 candyland's 2 afgoos a sour d and a lemon jack vegging under a 400w MH right now my canopy is pretty damn even. The candyland and SD have been topped and trained to keep this even level. Now my afgoos are beautiful little bushy christmas trees, but I'm wondering if I can top and train these as well without worrying about them staying too small. It seems like the topping and training definitely promoted more vigorous growth and more tops is better so what do you think? Safe to train and/or top the afgoos or will this leave them much smaller than the sativas growing around them.

Instead of topping, why not just FIM them, that way you're not taking much off 

7. Yeah if I were to do anything I would fim them. I like to remove as little material as possible

8. Guys LST is always a good option I promise check out somebof the lst threads here in GC you'll be amazed. ...

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "Our Cup Runneth Over".

9. The image link is no longer working. Can someone fix this plz

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. Is their any good videos on how to train your plants to grow horizontally instead of vertically?

11. Defoliate bottom of plant and start bending and tying down..I train the shit out of my plants ..here goes my hog ..4 weeks old 4inches tall

Attached Files:

12. My skunk xxx trained for a lot of colas

Attached Files:

13. Bush ass plant, ready for tie down? Pictures

Ok, I have a bushy plant and just want to confirm with you pros that it is ready to be bent, already have the centering tied own down. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418314929.400081.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418314947.862902.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418314965.994457.jpg

1stsfdoc
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. Wow really. I hope it doesn't suck. She is one of the better looking plants I've grown. Already super frosty. I'm hoping to cut her around mid January or so. I'll definitely let yah know. I'll get some of my friends to rate it since they are my true taste tester.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1342099-The-Grizzly-Closet

15. #1018 Grizzant420, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
  16. There is three plants in there all lst. Thet all have like 13 tops each lol

Attached Files:

17. What would you say to bending the branch a little bit and giving it like a knot effect to help sturdy ItselF? I have had ok luck with it but then again i don't remember not ever doing it.
    What would you say to bending the branch a little bit and giving it like a knot effect to help sturdy ItselF? I have had ok luck with it but then again i don't remember not ever doing it.