How-To : LST (Low Stress Training)

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I think the balance is to be struck between getting it trained early enough so that its not too hard to make the main stem parallel, etc. and not too early so that it uproots, breaks the stem or hinders growth. Those are the only obstacles that keep you from training as soon as your seed pops. Handle it!

Look at it this way- if you had a kid (don't know whether you do or not), I'd imagine that for his health you would want to keep him active and getting exercise as appropriate for the age - not too early, when he's/she's still developing bone strength and coordination, but not too late, once he's/she's become sedentary, lazy, unhealthy and/or obese. Bingo.

nanu nanu

2. Kickass tutorial, DierWolf. I'll definitely be giving LST a try once I start my grow... Thanks for sharing.

Peace.

3. I have been perfecting my LST method ....... low lying main stems just above the surface of the soil .......then when they bloom , think out the underbrush ...

The plant tells you what it needs and when .....

These are only two plants ...... but they should bust out what i count as high as 22 colas EACH !!!! we will see how big they are

Attached Files:

• rt.JPG
      rt.JPG
      File size:
      109.6 KB
      Views:
    • lst.JPG
      lst.JPG
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Hi DierWolf, Can you help me, another bl$*dy begginer! can't seem to find anyone who can tell me what EC readings plants like at which stage?
    I think it's related to P.H (5.7-6.3?). Please help as much as you can!!
    Jez.

5. Yes it will stay bent.

6. Check the Charts thread under beginners section.... i assume your in hydro.

7. really appreciate this type of info, i will be growing skunk #1 shortly and i heard it grows like wildfire, if i lst the shit out of it, how tall do u think it will reach when fully grown?

8. as tall as the buds grow..

yes skunk grows very strong just like the Power Plant does. very strong trees.

9. ok i will veg until it reaches 1 foot tall then onto 12/12 to create a sog effect but this will only be one plant lol, i will also lst and top, whats your thoughts dier wolf? am i a looper?

10. hey guys, i'm about 8 days into flowering and just exterminated my males. Can i keep lsting for a while during flowering? Or is it just something that can be done during vegging?

11. I hope your females didnt get knocked up(pollinated) by the males.

12. in step 8 it says you should be tieing down all the new branches, but then if the branches are tied down, where do the branches that become colas in step 9 come from?

13. Those are the same branches -- when the branches get trained out to the sides they turn up to the light and then flower out as tops.

14. would it be a bad thing to cut the large fan leaves off? it would seem like more light would get everywhere else if they were gone.

15. Tuck them or tie them out of the way rather than cut them. Cut healthy leaves only as a last resort.

16. DIERWOLF dude thanks so much for posting this thread!! ive been looking for exactly this!! i didnt know u could make it spiral like that, i was just going to anchor it to a 90 degree angle and leave it sideways!! anyway thanks a million man!! +rep for sures!!!

17. i once lstd a a skunk 1 in2 the shape of a penis didnt work great though

18. like everyone else i just wanted to say thanks! this info is great, i should b setting up a hydro grow soon and will utilize this method to its fullest :D

19. Thank you very much for this info. I have a small space without a lot of height, and I didi this yesterday and the plants already started growing back up toward the lights. Thanks again great post

20. good tutorial bro i will try it on my first grow and see how it turns out thanks again