Your choice of trimming scissors this year?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ET said WHAT, Jul 4, 2013.

1. curved stainless ARS scissors kick ass i highly recommend them.  

2. I guess it depends on your application and how well something works for you. To harvest and trim 2 plants every other month or so, Fiskars micro work as well as anything. I imagine if I had to do twice that amount (or more), I might look into getting another pair or something similar (I use alcohol wipes to clean them up mid-trim if they need it). These tools may seem inconsequential, but spending a couple hours working a small scissor can be ergonomically trying.

I don't worry too much about the time it takes since it's still a labor of love, and if my aged, arthritis-riddled hands get tired, I take a break, but I seriously doubt it's due to the trimmer. Mine still feels and acts as sharp as the day I got it, but I also take care of my stuff.

3. Damn didn't know so much complex thinking is used for picking a simple plant trimmer..... :huh:

4. I have the Fiskars that are titanium coated. It's coated to cut down on having to clean and sharper. The coating makes them slide easier. The spring is the same thin spring. I broke mine and replaced it from a micro tip Fiskars. I like them better but just ordered the ninja pruners. $25 for two pair, I can't wait to try them out. It's good to have a few different trimmer depending on what you are trimming at the time. Larger leaves can take larger trimmers. It's well worth the money to face a good set of trimmers and a sharpener to keep sharp, especially with the more you have to trim. Cheap trimmers don't cut it for large amount of product. I have a range of trimmers. I have two steel pairs, 4 micro tip Fiskars, a titanium coated Fiskars. A curved pair I hit at the hydro store, a dollar store pair that never get used, my two new ninja trimmers, and a selection of larger pruners for branches. Thus year I might have to break out the loopers to cut branches for trimming. I also have a few razors to trim buds off the stem at times. You never know what will need to be cut. Next on my list is an trimming machine. What's the brand of electric trimmer to go with.

5. Yeah, this is a little much. As long as they cut and are pointy, they work just fine.

6. I use these. They work, so fuck it.

Attached Files:

7. I hear ya!!! Rocket science!!

8. I am very glad that this issue will be relevant to me in a short time. Heres hoping for sharp scissors and a good first harvest!

9. fiskars micro for big buds and spin pro trimmer for popcorn

10. titanium blades to cut weed, wow. Nothing wrong being cheap, I buy alot from the dollar stores. Fiskars are fine for me, for final trimming.

11. Your best options for trimming scissors are going to be anything with a short stubby blade. Curved blades help a lot too. If you can find one like the chikamasa's with fluorine coating they'll speed you up, because you won't have to switch scissors or be dipping in oil as often. The fluorine coating resists resin buildup - they're basically designed to be trimming scissors. I was reading about them the other day - I'll see if I can find the article.

Edit: Here it is: Trimmer's Guide - Marijuana Farm Guide

12. I mostly use my hands, getting that thumb nail some action

wash my hands before, then smell my hands all day like when I was a teenager who just got laid