Why do white people fight for the right to use the n word?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by billsxclinton, Jul 4, 2013.

1. I don't think they do.

2. Most people still think of it as an oppressive term. I get called nigga by my black friends all the time. I don't say it in return though because like I said, some still interpret it as an oppressive term coming from a white guy.

A word shouldn't be that big a deal in the first place. Personally, its just one less thing I have in my vocabulary.

3. #23 STIGGY, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
    I think its all Bullshit
    Move on people

4. They have entitlement issues... ego-maniacs.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 Boats And Hoes, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013

Words carry weight (without words and language humans wouldn't be where we are, i.e., the top of the food chain, for language is everything to a conscious thinker... can u think a thought without words?)... and after being called a word, i.e., the "n" word, alongside manifest hostility, arrogance, and genocide, I can see why someone wouldn't want a person who resembles a people who oppressed their race for 4-5 centuries not to use it.

It's like asking why Native Americans don't like whites using their culture for profit... it's because the very same people who are making the profit are the ones who got rid of, i.e., exterminated, the very same people they exploit and profit off of!

Just because u personally don't understand the history behind the word that doesn't mean it's not a big deal... it may not be a big deal to u, personally, but no one asked an egotist, i.e., someone strictly concerned with their own reality, what the "n" word means to them personally.

And, as I said in my last post, it has do with their personal ego, and entitlement...

6. #26 Boats And Hoes, Jul 4, 2013

There's a difference between speaking freely and intentionally trying to hurt and disturb someone with ur words...

Ur comment is like asking -- why do people fight against my right to act freely? I'm just killing and harming, intentionally, everything that comes into my path -- for God's sake, isn't it a "free" country???

Ur usage of the word "freedom" belongs in the jungle with beasts of ignorance, and not within the domain of people of conscious thought and reflection.

7. Comparing killing and intentionally harming people with speech, lmao, it's a sad world we live in nowadays.

8. #28 Boats And Hoes, Jul 4, 2013

Mental torment cuts, and goes, much deeper than what can be done to the flesh... ;). To bad ur so involved with the flesh, and its mechanics, that u forget cognizant Man lives on a cognitive plateau, and not a purely physical one like beasts of ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 Deleted member 95373, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    That's not true at all. Physical pain is not only more painful(IMO and experiences) it can be much longer lasting and unlike mental torment can be impossible to fix. If you had some bad child hood experiences and it's affected the way you live your life you always have the opportunity to improve and work on those things, if you're paralyzed from having your spine severed no amount of work you can do will get you to walk again.

As someone who was bullied by some really really bad people I can tell you that the mental aspects of that abuse simply taught me to view people in a poor light and weren't comparable to the physical things that happened.

10. Soooo....white folks used to say Niggah all day long. Then it became taboo. Now I think white folks fight to say it because folks don't want them to say it.

By the way, would Paula Deen lose everything if she went on air and called everyone a cunt? Thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Thugnificent went in on that ngga no homo

• Like Like x 1
  12. #32 Boats And Hoes, Jul 4, 2013

Without ur mind, and memory of it, physical pain means nothing... only by u cognitavely thinking about ur pain and torment do u give it true weight, and reality, into the next moment; for "the next moment" is something mentally grasped, and not physically experienced... and back to my original point, mental pain and torment cuts, and goes, deeper than physical pain; for mental pain subsists within time, and physical pain cannot truly subsists without ur conscious and cognitive memory of it, i.e., mental pain lasts and physical pain doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. "I sometime say terrible things because it's funny to me. It just makes me laugh to say 'AIDS...' I know, it's childish right? And the word 'nigger' just makes me laugh. It just does. And it's a terrible word and I think that all of us, all of us that use it ironically and think that we're being not racist are fooling ourselves. Because say it to a black guy with your little 'goatee irony' and see how funny he thinks that shit is. It's cowardly, and I'm definitely a part of that cowardice. Because it's just so awful, that it makes me laugh to say it copiously."
    Louis CK

14. i say NINJA
    waddup my ninja

15. #35 Boats And Hoes, Jul 5, 2013

A man who would say anything just to get a laugh, smh. How much of his character and soul has been takin from him, i.e., how empty and deprived is his soul?

Man laughs at everything when everything means nothing... and this "nothing" is only worth something becasue it produces laughter and happiness within the subject... how egotistical and pretentious.

I bet if someone raped Louis CKs daughter's... he wouldn't be so quick to crack a joke; let alone crack a joke with other people who laugh at the concept of rape, just for the fun of it.

16. #36 jwbooth, Jul 5, 2013

No, but he assumes other people would. Also, what a horrible implication.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLpf7x42zd8
    start at 3:50

17. Simmer down. It's just a word.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #38 Boats And Hoes, Jul 5, 2013

U just solidified my point... Yea, it's just a word, to YOU; key word being you, egoist.

19. I personally hate the word and im black.
    I dont see why theyd use the word. Just proves theyre ignorance and they try to cover it up saying "nigga" trying to say it means friend. -_-
    Hate when people use it in songs or vocabulary
    Word is poison
    If blacks dont want whites using it they shouldnt be using it either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #40 Boats And Hoes, Jul 5, 2013

He assumes others would... and just cause he assumes others would, that makes it okay for him to do something that he assumes others would do, really?

Assumptions shouldn't always sanction action; for if everyone acted based off of their personal assumptions, this world would be a lot worse than it already is. :bongin: