Kitsunes Aeroponics Garden of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Good to see you're back kitsune, and that things are going better for you man. What happened to your tangerine dreams? Did you get a harvest from those? The forum had a bit of a slow patch in general some months ago, but I have noticed its a lot busier right now, perhaps with spring coming in more people have growing on their minds. A lot of the old blades have gone quiet but there's loads of new members picking up the slack

2. Thanks, it is awesome to hear from you guys.

The TD went out with some issues that I was having with systems and light trouble. So I didn't get anything from it. My last harvest was in November.. There was some video on here of the beginning of that grow. I got an ok harvest from it but just had issues getting genetics and was getting systems rebuilt and replacing old pumps that were not putting out like I wanted, so things are new in the mechanics of the systems.

I don't want you to think I am ignoring the site I just had a seriously busy week with my work, and the next couple weeks are going to be easier to do things. I have recorded video but it is about 5 days old now. Just having trouble with getting the video to my computer from the camera. 

To give a verbal update. I have a little bad news. I lost 1 Kushberry, and then plugged in the Sour D that I have in it's spot after fixing what I thought was the issue and now the SD is limp and acting like it dried up but not dead. I did a little extra to get it some love and hoping that it makes a comeback.

In the good news, the Noc is big now and I have started super cropping it to slow down it's growth so that the Chronic Thunders, and Kushberry have a chance to catch up in size. This throws me another week back on harvest but I want these plants to get a good start before I flip the lights I need a good harvest. Once they are about 18" tall I am going to flip to the main light on the flower cycle. Before flip going to top everything and have a bunch of clones to take as mothers. Going to super crop them all once they catch up to the Noc or at least get close. 

Things are good, we are ok money wise right now. Sold the house so have some money to cushion us when we have trouble. We are saving up towards getting a house in the next year or so where I can have the garden of my dreams! Video will come soon. Perhaps tomorrow! How is everyone doing?

3. Alright camera issues so just going to give a verbal update for now. Only video I can get is super huge resolution and have crappy internet. Fixing those issues soon! But It has been too long since update!

First issue to address was the SD. It is coming back ok now. It has thrown roots outside the net cup and is starting to come back but is a bit weak. the Chronic Thunder plants are getting really strong and large, the Nocternal is insane and thick. The Kushberry are all nice and healthy. I went ahead and switched to flower with the main light and all the plants have responded well to the light, I have taken clones of them all and those are still processing. 

Things are looking good in the room, everything is on schedule at this time =) I hope everyone is doing good.

4. Hey guys! Things been good here just been really busy. I had to leave for a couple weeks on career to do photography. Career is looking good just busy. I had a trusted friend looking after the plants and I told them what to add to the water and everything. 

Came back and the plants are grown and there are buds and things look good in there but there are a couple problems. First problem is mold has set in on the leaves!! Not sure why I think I might need a new fan or something. I am treating the plants trying to get the mold gone in there. Drying the air out a bit and getting the moving in there and treating with peroxide mix. Anyone have any advice on treating this?

Other side is the fans are a bit yellow and I think my friend mixed the nutes a bit lower than I instructed. I gave them a healthy dose of nutes and trimmed the yellowed leaves. Will have pictures soon, got a new camera to take pictures and video. Stuff is coming guys! I am still going and will get the room sorted out.

5. Can't wait to see them all.. glad the career is flowing bro!!!

6. Glad you are doing great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #1268 MrFlk, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Wrong journal

Hope you are doing great kit

8. Career getting in the way of my growing. I am done with this grow now. I am working on resetting now. We ran into those health issues with the mold it claimed the clones and mothers while I was on the road for several weeks. Voodoo was taking care of the plants for me and did her best. I am thinking the main exhaust fan is not running at full power anymore causing the humidity to raise in the room. We defeated the mold on the main room luckily and the buds are looking fine. She let them dry whole plant in the main grow room. Got crispy since I was away. I am restoring the moisture like I had to do in the past. If done right it will work well without ruining the flavor and no mold it will be watched closely. New fan is already on the way and is more powerful, along with new carbon filter. Ordered new bulbs and spares, got more nutes, bought new pumps, and other supplies, same setup and main parts but new hearts running everything. 

I will show some pics of the dried plants when they were done. It looks really cool, I really want to dry whole plant more in the future just not to this level lol. Career is going well and causing me to travel across the country for time, which is why getting all new systems. Everything works better when new, and will be easier on Voodoo to only have to add water and nutes when I am gone. 

Sorry for lack of updates, life has been claiming me, but I have not stopped growing or smoking. The Smoke allows me to work. In other news I am very much into dabs now, We got a rig, and a glass nail, so much better more efficient way to smoke for my pain. I will get started on the new setup. My new creative process I hope is going to give me more time to get online and post updates at least once per day is going to be my goal. Trying to change my life. Boost creativity, health, attention, and just get more stuff done. If I play my cards right I may have a solid career with paying and travel. We are also looking into moving to CO, a buddy is getting ready to get involved and needs an experienced grower in the hydro field to get him started. In return for pay he is giving me room and board, as well as funding my own growing venture once I have been in the state long enough.

9. Sorry to hear about the mold issues buddy. Glad to hear you got a harvest though! Those humidipaks work well for restoring the moisture. Bodeva or boveda one of the two lmao

Glad to hear work is going well though man! Good luck on all your future endeavors and if you move!

:wave:

10. Right on Kit

Glad to know you are doing great

11. Yeah I may grab a couple of those moisture packs just to cover the next time and just completely eliminate that issue. Things are good right now. Career is very fulfilling. It allows me to smoke and travel and be creative I love it. It actually got me fully into dab pens, and getting the dab right. We have gotten new glass, a nice maverick bong with 4 defusers in it. Glass Nail for it, and a decorative bong.  Pen I am using a Vaped Nano pen. We won it at a headshop raffle on 4-20! 

I am also working for the first church of Canabis in Indiana. Really hoping things go well there. Also very active with NormL right now so everything looking up. Been away from the Forums but become very active in local legalization efforts so I hope you guys forgive me! 

I really wanna return to the grow room though! Plan will be figured out soon.

12. Man I missed this earlier. But yeah dabbing is pretty crazy! Been dabbing some Larry OG myself recently! Love it

It's awesome you're doing things with NORML and all of that! I hope that all goes well for Ya! I support them on the DL lol never been to any meetings or anything but donate from time to time.

Keep on keeping on brotha

13. The pumps in the room are running, the fans are circulating, and the plants are growing! I have missed growing but career has prevented me from doing it, but things are changing so I am back.

Really hoping to find some of the old friends that left the board for awhile like I did. Hope to find new friends! Reporting regularly on this Grow Journal kept me active and working in there so I am hoping that returning will restore my fire!

If you are still subbed to the journal drop in and let me know! I will have pictures and an update here very soon. Perhaps tonight... who is here with me tonight?

14. Alright I am in the mood to type so might as well get on with it lol.

Personal Update:

I am still working on my career and have been doing very well. I am working on catching a couple tours this year to shoot photography for... but already shot some large shows, and just accepted a new job with a magazine. Already they are getting me new contacts and connections so we will see where that rabbit hole leads. Still unable to work a real job because of my back pain, and to add on top of all the pain I had we discovered that I have Degenerative Disc Disease on top of my injuries so I may never heal will likely always be in Chronic Pain. Pain that I am currently feeling cause I am completely dry on herb right now. We ran out of the last from my grow about a week ago. We have had a couple grams of dabs to plug the void but not having herb all day makes me do a lot less. Currently we have some nice wax, that is damn near shatter that does the trick, but we are on conservation mode until I can afford a zip of them but that is looking like it will be later in the year that I can do that. So sharp stabbing pain for me until I can take harvest again...

Growing Update:

Well at this point I am actually a bit far in the grow process. I already have growing plants that are about in their third week of Veg and I am getting close to flipping the light. I have:

4 Ravnos
    2 Sour Gummy Bears
    1 Bush Kush

For those that know I been having a problem popping beans I figured out a way that is working very well for me now. I think I got a bad batch of rock wool because most of my beans would die off shortly after they sprouted. I took Rapid Rooters dug into them a bit and placed a seed and a small cap over the hole. I put those in small net pots 2" ones, and placed that on a bed of Perlite in a deep Tupperware and then closed it up with just a crack for air and placed a 100 Watt Equiv over it. The heat from the bulb kept everything nice and warm and gave a bit of light. I had 2 seeds not pop for me so I replaced with a couple Bush Kush seeds. The ones that didn't pop were 1 Sour Gummy Bear and (supposedly) a Girl Scout cookie seed. Once I had roots out of the bottom of the net pots into the perlight I took them out and placed them in larger 4" net pots and filled with clay pellets and turned on the Aero system. I had a Bush Kush seed die on me it just never got strong enough to get to the next step. Below is a quick pic I took tonight, I will get more up close and personal in the next week.

IMG_3303.JPG

15. Glad 2 see you back in action kit

16. Nice Kitsune, I'm still subbed up

17. Thanks guys! It is great to have you around =). I missed the community!

18. We all missed ya too man lol it's nice seeing hydro again, don't think I'm subbed to any other hydro threads! Crankz is hydro lol so him and you that's it