Kitsunes Aeroponics Garden of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Welcome back Kits.

pictures work.

2. Trying to get the next grow lined up... Looks like one of the plants that I was holding and taking care of dried up... not sure how none of the others dried up... 

3. Whichever form of update is easiest for you man! I personally enjoyed the videos because you get a better idea of what the plants look like, how big they are! Lol pictures work just fine though :smoke: good to see ya back on man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #1244 hypercardriac, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    I'm with this guy, I like vids better, unless of course you have to put more coin up to the man in the net mobile, and then of course pics are dandy!! Let's get a move on man, your stash is getting smaller as we speak.. Or type. I never know what the fuck to say.. Or type.. Shit!!! One thing I do know, I got lazy with the paper and I think some dripped on my balls. Hair keeps sticking to my drawers.. Damnit, got any baby wipes man? Cmon, don't be stingy now..

5. Alright since you guys prefer vide o for the most part I will keep doing those. Currently I am not really growing and I need to change that. I have 2 plants that are doing ok and another that might come back with some TLC.

I have 2 Tangerine Dreams, and 1 PLA plant. They are only about 4-5" tall and a few leaves got crispy. This is because when I got spidermites and went into quarantine I didn't realize how dry the air was and the perlite cups dried up a bit. Currently debating my options. I could nurse these plants back to health and get them nice and big again.. Or I could take 2-3 clones from each plant and hope for the best. Figuring with possible loss of clones I would have 4 TDs, and 2 PLA out of them... That would be a decent grow out of that but thinking 2-3 weeks to get rooted... another month of veg at least... So looking at awhile before I would be ready for flower. 

Opinions? Should I take the clones? Should I just grow out the 3 plants that I have? I would be a little pitiful of a grow with just the 3 plants... Or maybe I could put them in the back of the room, start the flower cycle and work on getting more clones and then putting the new clones in there when I get them... I am interested in what you guys think.

---

In other news I put in some orange peels in the mason jars with my latest harvest. I let them get a "little" dry, and there is no weight at all to them... So far after a few hours the top buds in the jar are nice and moist again.. almost like at the beginning of cure. I am thinking of letting them rest as I sleep then taking out the peels and letting that moisture distribute through the jar. I think only keeping them in for that short time will lower any chances of mold but I will be watching closely in case.

---

In Other Other news .... personal life news.

We almost have the house sold... There is an offer on the table and we are working on getting everything together to get our money. It is worth so much less than it used to be thanks to the prop values being worth shit right now. But it is a ton of money so planning on buying a couple luxuries that we have wanted. Buying gear for future grow rooms, and putting a large down payment on a house or in the bank and acrew interest for a year and keep adding to the pile and get a nice house in about a year... As well as putting money to the side for a rainy day fund so when we get fucked over we will have money to fix the problem and get better faster...

Those of you who have been following know that I have had a really rough year and I think things are finally at a turning point. My personal career is also taking off and what most people only do as a hobby  photography and graphic design I am making decent scratch on every month! So those of you who care thank you for all the well wishes and the couple of you I know personally thank you very much for your thoughts and your support!

Growing will come back but I want to hear your opinions on my next steps.

this^

here's  to a better year than last Kitsune.

7. Alright so the adding of the orange peels was a complete success but I do not suggest leaving them in there for very long. 

I left them in the jar over night (day) as I slept maybe like 5-6 hours? and then checked on them and the buds closest to the peel were as moist as when you first pull them from harvest.. After a couple days now that moisture has redistributed to the rest of the mason jar.. I have been letting them get some air once a day since I have done this to let out any extra moisture.

They went from dry crispy buds where trichs would just snap off, and you could nearly crumble the herb in your hands without a grinder to where they have some weight to them now and a little loamy like they should be. I may put in a couple peels for a couple more hours to add just a little more back into them. Now obviously you are going to have to be on the outlook for mold, but that is why I have been letting the jars breath a bit, and would only leave them in for up to 4 hours in the future at a time and give a couple days to redistribute. I think if you take your time and do it right then there will be less chances for mold. 

No taste has been imparted to the buds or any smell difference but I have nice non dried buds again so it was worth it for sure!

8. Happy New Years to everyone!

Updates to come soon in another state right now.

9. Have a feeling this thread is gonna need a bump. Just visited with kit today he was well and in good spirits. I sampled some of his chronic thunder from last harvest and Wow! some really potent stuff coming out of his rigs. I also left him with some wonderfully healthy clones to run for his next cycle. He may or may not post up in here but I just thought his old friends would like to know that he's doing well still growing and recently became the manager of a local band and has been on the road a lot. He had found some nice relief from his back pain with chronic thunder and I'm pleased to day it's one of the strains he will be growing this run.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

10. Is that the sound of fans I hear running? The low rumble of hydropumps blasting aeroponic mist on clay pellets? I do beleive it is! Hey guys how things been going. I took a break again from the city cause I wasn't really getting much of a response to my posts and just lost heart. Then had some pump trouble so I had to start again. Bought all new pumps, fixed what was broken and ready to go and my buddy Tokin came over with a gift! 

Long story short everything is rolling in the grow room again. Currently have 

5 Kushberry
    4 Chronic Thunder
    1 Nocturnal

It is going to be a full room this grow and I fully plan on tying bitches down and getting the light as close to as many buds as I can. So it is going to be like a 50 shades of Gray up in the flower room. Also in the Clone chamber I have a lone Sour D growing. I didn't want more than 10 plants in the room so I went with my favorites. Going to mother the SD any early cuts going to a buddy who is growing and tired of running mids.

I have the old T5 system currently hooked up in there a couple inches from the plants. Going to Veg them out for about a week to give them all a chance to adjust to the Hydro and full veg nutes, as well as put on a couple inches. Planning on topping them all before the switch over to the main light. All these cuttings from topping the plants are going into the clone chamber and as soon as I get a couple of well rooted plants I am adding them to the SD so I have some mother plants. Around about the time these have rooted and put on some growth will be time to take cuttings from them and get the next round ready to go in the flower room same day I take harvest. I gotta get back into the habit of growing again back to back. I need the extra to help pay the bills and I need to not run out of medicine. As it stands I will be running dry a couple weeks from harvest but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. 

I will have videos and pictures up very soon just had a long night so really tired and sore to get that done. Tomorrow got the kids so will try to get these pics tomorrow night after I get back. I am going to try maintaining this journal again if nothing else as a reminder to take care of my plants a little better.

Miss you all hope to hear from you again!

11. Glad to see ya back Kits
    I need to ask you what strain you would recommend for severe back and neck pain
    Hope you feel better than I do
    Stiggy

12. For pain relief the heavier the indica the better I feel. My best strains for it have been blackwater, ogre kush, chronic thunder.

If you take a nice sativa right after you will be able to get up and still do things. The more couch lock the better the pain.

13. Good to see ya back at kitsune! :wave: can't wait to see the update! Indicas are my favorite as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. So the OG Kush worked good
    I have a bean or two now to popthem 

Yep I just had a harvest back in November and I am still cruising on that. I been doing things but the breaks between need to stop lol. I think if I can manage to keep this journal again I will do better and get back to my previous level of growing. Just hard couple people I was friends with left and sucks they are gone. But plenty of you are still around =)

I liked the OG Kush it was premium top shelf smoke. My only problem with it was the yield of the pheno that I got that caused me to cut it from the room. There are some good phenos out there though so if you can find one that yields well and tastes good you are in business! I just don't see how you can go wrong with a Kush.

** Pictures are coming soon.

16. Yeah there's a lot of good people still here man! And once everyone realizes you're back they'll start tuning in again. :wave: can't wait to see how it's going

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. That's what I said. The first few weeks might be slow but once you give the masses some shit to look at they will be tuning in forsure. You know I'm always here to check out the ladies. I love watching other guys grow my cuts! I know you and your rigs will do them proper brah. Keep plugging along man. You should be all set to go now!!

18. Hey brah I ment to ask you when I was there but with all the snow commotion and espresso I was scatterbrained. Are you still using the GH trio? I've got a 2/3 full liter bottle of the Grow(green bottle) that I'm not using anymore and a 2/3 full bottle of GH CaliMagic if you could use them I'll bring them up next time I come to visit.

19. I'll be following along for sure, I've seen you around in a few different journals that I have read.

20. Got some pictures but they were shit.. some of the plants look insanely healthy and a couple are looking like they are not happy with the transition in the system. When I am feeling better I will get you an update worth seeing =)