Kitsunes Aeroponics Garden of Awesome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kitsunè, Jul 3, 2013.

Gotcha brother and thanks for your honesty.

Yes I have and once I have some money I am going to get some.. But I also have a brand new pack of rock wool that I need to use before I get the chance to switch over completely.. But I have run into issues with the rock wool in the past so I was looking for a way to switch. Perlite cups not too happy with at all. 

We do better when we all are honest about our mistakes.. Gives room for thought.

3. Great Kitsune will always tell it like it is.

4. #1165 TreeBird43, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I added my heat mat back under my dome tonight In hopes it will jump start my beans. They're moving slow.
    I think you will find success with your new plan.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

5. Something else to consider is that the noc and sour gummy both are from organic soil mix and hydro is new too them.
    Yank those sour gummies dude and start some new ones. I got more.

This is the answer I was looking for.

This makes sense to me.

Be careful with that heat mat. I used mine last year and I started having my Rapid rooters drying out a lot faster.

Always, no reason to front how else are we all going to learn together. To be fair all of the seeds popped in the Perlite cups quite well.. The only issue I ran into was that when I watered them the first time I ended up displacing where the seeds were and I had to go looking for some of them. SO it may not have entirely been the perlite cups. I am thinking the perlite cups need to be for cuttings only. Have heard so many good things about these helping cuttings root weill give that a shot before I completely write them off. I have had bad luck rooting clones in Rock wool. I am going to move on to Rapid rooters which is the plan but figured might as well continue experimenting which has always been my way.

Rock on Sticky I was really looking forward to growing these SGB and I think they did not handle the perlite cups well and then being put in hydro they are struggling... Really need them to be a healthy plant when I transition them into hydro. I still have a couple SGB beans I will pop them and put in rock wool this time. If I can get more that will be amazing. Really sad about the Noc those were my last beans of that and was really looking forward to trying it. Lost my GQ as well when I was infested with powdered mold 8 months ago...

9. Are you keeping them?

10. For the moment at least... I don't feel like getting in there and covering up the holes that I yank right now so they can remain for the time being. I don't honestly see them popping back they are going to be short and stunted... The Noc I will leave alone for now because I don't have anymore Nocturnal Seeds and I was really interested in it.

11. Originally posted this on Tokin's page but it was a good post so moving in here.

My only issue is in the getting healthy starts again... I seriously am at a loss doing things exactly the same but failing bad and lost some good beans... Using the paper towel method to pop the beans... Then transplanting to rock wool and then in a humid dome until I have healthy sprouts with little roots popping out of the bottom and then I put in my little mini hydro systems... Then they start to lay over and die... This is the same way I have done several batches... It is like some of the rock wool is getting too wet in the hydro system and then a couple pieces would get too dry........
    \nSo in response I tried the perlite cups just put the beans in it... but then watered without wetting it down first so the seeds got displaced and burried... only a couple popped so after several days I went looking for the beans that didn't pop... they were all popped but too far down to make it. So that is probably where they went wrong this last round...
    \nNext method I am trying is paper towel, to rock wool making sure to squeeze them well enough so they aren't too wet and then placing on a saturated bed of perlite in humidity dome until I have healthy insane roots and then straight into the hydro system. Going to pop a bunch of old bag seed I still have to make sure this works this time... before I waste anymore good genetics... depressing

12. Great update. I'm still concerned about the side branching. I think hanging the t5 is in order. Slam that sucker down inches above the canopy, all of the tall ones could have tighter growth ive seen it first hand, having substantial lighting in veg will keep them from stretching so much between nodes. I'll agree one side is bigger, again i think more light could solve this. Dont be afraid to top the kb and pla they wont mind really after you top hit the braches higher up with a crop to slow them and spread them out then your golden. Sd2 is a tight little indica leaning lady. Once she's got tall enough for flower top her back about 6" and flip her. Chronic thunder another indica lady, top her shell bush up real nice.

But for real dude they all looking pretty damn healthy. All of them are really growing rapidly. I watched last weeks update before this weeks and man i suggest everyone do so, the difference is crazy for a week. Your system really does as advertised. :smoking:

What do hydro guys use to support their plants? It seems like they are a bit unstable in the net pots so i assume some kind of support is needed when they flower. What have you used or seen other hydro guys use? I really dont follow any hydro guys.

Although it's been said a lot it's damn good to see you growing again friend. Hope things are going well.

Sent from my iPad smoking kushberry

13. It is so great to see you growing these plants man. They seem to like your system a lot. I am not really sure what happened with the ones you lost cause I ain't a hydro guy, but the rest seem to be rolling.

14. Things are going good just had a crazy busy Labor Day weekend! Good food and relaxing mostly but still didn't have a lot of time to get on. Time for an update:

http://youtu.be/0ixtZGyO4O0

It's a freaking jungle in there!! I am getting excited.

15. Well man i don't know what to say. It's looking like a jungle in there man. The growth from week to week has been crazy. I heard you say you were topping and cropping. Which plants did you do this to? I would top that KB if you haven't already. It will fly through the light when you flip. I'm getting between 90-120% stretch from those strains. Some more than others. I'm pulling my PLA's down tonight. Hopefully you can keep the foxtailing to a minimum but here's what to expect as far as nuggage
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409706458.204253.jpg

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html