Opponents of Fake Drug Checkpoints Ask is it OK for Cops to Lie?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pearl75, Jul 3, 2013.

1. http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/fake-drug-checkpoints-ok-for-cops-to-lie-to-motorists

2. wtf, leo lies?!?!?!?!??!! :wacko: oh my :huh:...oh my :unsure:...OH MY! :eek:

who woulda thunk it possible :angry:... that's it, game over man :blink: if we can't trust LEO, then who do we trust???  :ph34r:      

really..I'm not surprised some dipshit politician ass kissing sack of shit would say it's ok to do it because it isn't illegal...ya...fuck morality and ethics, this is the law we are taking about...meh... :bongin:

3. Also fuck the 4th amendment! Those sort of protections only hurt the populace.

4. If its illegal then why would you believe the sign?

5. Not everyone knows it's illegal. That's what police in these situations are counting on, their ability to prey on public not aware of the laws.

6. #6 flickyourbic, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    I passed through these on i70 multiple times while living in Kansas. Every time I'd travel from Kansas City to Manhattan, I would see this stupid shit. I passed through a few of them smoking a joint/bowl as well. They just look for people throwing shit out the window, illegal lane changes, etc. They set them up so the next nearest exit is basically a dead end to nowhere, and they will have LEOs sitting at that exit waiting to pull you over for "suspicious activity". 

It's fucking stupid and such bullshit, but people fall for it anyways. Make a proper lane change to get away from the vehicle on the shoulder, don't speed, and you'll be good. Haha I did fly by one of them on one of my old motorcycles going about 110-120mph.. Yup they just kept sitting there. Let's you know what their priorities are. 

It got to the point where I just started taking 24 highway every time which was a state highway with rural small towns all along it. Took an extra 20 minutes or so but it was worth not having to deal with the fucking morons trying to pull that shit. Plus it was scenic and lower speed limit so I got better gas mileage and a more enjoyable drive anyways. 

I have never seen anything remotely close to anything like this out in Colorado. Feels good man. 

7. dwi check points;
    cause drunks to travel on unfamiliar roads, increasing disorientation of the drunk driver, causing wrecks and at times involving people and children die...so checkpoints are killing the children of Umerika!

Cops running checkpoints are not saving lives, not one life, none, ever...no more than my sitting at home with a nice full bag of vape, watching Futurama reruns, saved the world from colliding with the moon (was good herb)...the hyperbole bullshit, that checkpoints save lives, is only a sack of shit correlation fallacy...they can't prove any life was ever saved...and if they really wanted to stop the dwi offenders, they sure as fuck could sit outside a bar and pull over everyone that drove out of the parking lot...but they don't do that because it is an illegal act. (some bullshit legal spin on rights)

8. #8 UniqueGrass, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    I'm not saying I like this, but I gotta admit, this is genius.

Oh, and I completely agreed with everything the above poster said... Well put.

9. Drug check points illegal through out all of the US?

They can't search your car without probable cause, so yeah it wouldn't be legal for them to have an actual drug checkpoint where they just search your car for no reason. 

But evidently, freaking the fuck out when you come across a "drug checkpoint" sign is enough probable cause. :p 

11. This is great to know.  I never thought about this.  Well one less thing to worry about :)

Best thing to take from this right now is that if you ever see a "drug checkpoint" sign, just drive on through like you give zero fucks! :smoking: 

13. #13 Biltwellnigga, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    lol yeah.

Actually when ever I drive around and see a cop, I stare at him and make eye contact, sometimes add a little smile.

They look away right away and don't find me suspicious.  At least they never whipped a shitty and pulled me over.

I'm still a young guy and well that always tends to attract their attention.

14. Yeah? And when someone crosses the grassy highway median into oncoming traffic and kills a family or four?
    Are we still supposed to applaud the greedy prosecutor? Because he gets a cut of the action! Oh, that's such a "good thing."

15. Agreed. they should leave weed smokers alone

Then why do you have "old school stoner" if you're a "young guy"? 

17. Beause I've been on here for almost 9 years???

18. Look for the nearest open field. There should be plenty of weeds growing

19. In California, the highway patrol sets up drug checkpoints so the cops can get high without having to spend money.

20. you bumped an old topic for a lame joke? c'mon son