Micro SOG under bathroom counter

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by d-lusional, Jul 1, 2013.

as I previously said, my plants don't suffer from shock. if yours does maybe you should change something

2. My plants don't suffer from shock either. But its not always in your control. doing something such as repotting, topping, etc, all carry the chance of shocking the plant.  

3. Week 6... gave em coffee on week 5 watering.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Did you just say you gave them coffee?

5. LOL yeah, kinda. Heard old coffee grounds were good for phosphorus.

6. #46 GoldGrower, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    Oh right, how do you measure it so you get the correct amount?

7. No idea, but they responded very well. I used 1 cup worth of used grounds in a gallon pitcher.

8. Flower chamber semi-complete... the big six went into darkness this afternoon. If I get one or two females, it's been worth it. If they all turn out male, at least I have some experience to build on. Wish me luck. ;)

9. So far no real changes other than some of the leaves turning darker... kinda reddish, hopefully on their way toward a more purple hue. Not the fast stretching I expected, but that's a plus I guess. Might give em some more coffee on the next watering. How easy is it to tell pre-flower from early veg growth at the nodes? Don't want to chop females thinking they're males.

10. #50 GoldGrower, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
    pre flowers are what you get when they are vegging. if you see flowering while they are under 12/12 then its just simply flowering. you will see some flowering within a week

there is a distinct difference between males and females, you wont get them mixed up. if you see pistils its female, if you dont, just wait longer. males are obvious way before they spill their load so dont rush it

put some photos up of a close up and focused pair of nodes that are about 2 pairs below the top, these usually show first, and maybe a seasoned grower will spot them a bit earlier

its only been 3 days so you may have a few days waiting yet

as for the coffee thing, i would hold back if i were you. you could easily poison them
    or at least just try it out with just one plant so you can compare

your better of buying a complete nutrient that has everything in the correct proportions already

11. If your using just coffee grounds to feed them, you are going to want to watch your pH or use some sort of soil buffer like lime or baking soda or something.

12. Plants are looking good so far except for red stems. Nitrogen deficiency right? Plan to use fish tank water on the next watering to fix that.

13. Red stems can mean almost anything, I wouldn't react solely on red stems.

Fish tank water? You really like taking chances don't you lol. It may work ok, but the chances of you getting the nutrients in the exact proportions that are best are pretty low. Why not just use a proper nutrient designed with cannabis's needs in mind? Using coffee and fish waste is likely to give you nutrient imbalances

14. Not investing any $ into this until I'm at least sure I have females. So that leaves me with guessing at the problem, and either guessing the free fix, or waiting to see if it fixes itself.

15. Fish tank water? Never seen that before but what I know of that, there will be only trace amounts of nitro. There's all sorts of chem here with fish water, like nitrates and nitrites, and they are related to nitro (i think) but they different. Point is, fish water may prove insufficient to meeting a deficiency. Worth a try I guess.

16. I try to keep nitrates under 30ppm in my tanks. Nitrites 0. Nitrates are harmful to fish at high levels, nitrites are like 100x worse I think. Plants like nitrate, but it's easier for them to get their nitrogen from ammonia I think. Nitrate comes from ammonia being broken down.

17. Balls or early veg? And is it normal for top leaves to be folded long ways? They started that way and never really opened up.

Attached Files:

18. I would wait it out

19. That unfortunately looks to be male. Id wait it out and hope though

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I've found that males will show themselves a lot faster than females normally... They normally sex within a week, while I've had females not show for almost two weeks.