Micro SOG under bathroom counter

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by d-lusional, Jul 1, 2013.

1. a minimum of 60watts of CFL per square foot of canopy is the most agreed upon rule but you should aim for 100watts per square foot.

2. Figured scrog would take too long, but i ended up having to tie down two plants today anyway. Will this catch fire with reflective duct tape? Only other option i have is wood.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. So I need another 2-4 bulbs... These are 18 watters, free from the power co. =)

tying down branches LST style works well, I do it often.
    I don't know if it will catch fire but there is certainly an element of risk there. I would use wood if you have it.

how many bulbs have you got? and how big is your canopy area?
    adding more light will likely be welcomed by your plants if your able to buy more

5. Buy???? Lol, power company sent me a box full of 2700k cfl's. Got the 6 18watters, the rest are like 13w i think. Got a power strip and some adaptors today. I think 10 bulbs should do me. Footprint is like 2.25ft/sq. Gonna have to remove the styrofoam i have raising the plants once i switch from tubes to cfl to keep fro burning them. Switching to 12/12 before alternating nodes, should i stick to 6500k or use the 2700k? Or should i.just wait?

6. Thumbs up!

Seems like you want some smoke asap and be able to continue growing :) Same here...same here

7. Hell yeah, looking for Jack's magic bean stalk. Plant it, watch it grow in seconds.:D

8. Switching to 12/12 before alternating nodes, should i stick to 6500k or use the 2700k? Or should i.just wait?

Need an answer on this part asap.

9. that is way to many plants. like holy crap.

i do one plant under that much cfl.  with training and LST. you could get one plant to give you what all those plants would get you. Those plants will remains runts under that.  Once in 12 they will be lacking the light they need. they will all be like 1 gram plants.

Either grow like 4 for now and expect 2 males, or don't grow at all. Those seeds are going to be a waste soon. I know you are going to repot them, but they will be lucky to make it through it. and even then, those lights are good for 2 plants max

I like to see people growing, but more research will make it easier for everyone

10. When you say good for 2 plants, are you referring to the tubes or the cfl setup im switching to for flowering?

11. Sorry. I just saw now that you are down to 6. that is wise.  expect 3 to be males.

What is your total ACTUAL wattage for the grow space now?. 

I would say absolute minimum per plant is 23 watts.

for an example i will be using 5x45 watts bulbs for 225 watts, and i will be doing two plants. i hope to get about 4 ounces from that.  with heavy LST

12. I have 6 18w and however many 13w cfls i need. The 6 pots went to the most promising plants, but if 3 of them turn out to be male, there are standbys in cups to take their places.

13. basically fit as many of those small bulbs in there as you can. I usually get around 1 to 2 ounces per 100w of CFL.

you can change the Kelvin temperature anytime really, it doesn't have anywhere near the effect grow forums make out. you could change when you switch to 12/12 or a few weeks after when the stretching has slowed down, or anywhere in between

14. Next question... Does topping slow maturation? That was my main re.asoning for going sog in the first place. Cant find my answer via search. Im more after a fast yield than high yield per plant, but height is an issue too.

15. It slows it in the sense that it puts the plant in shock and it has to recover. depends how healthy it is and what not. usually after 5 days you see growth again. It is worth it if you are going for yield. If you just want bud as fast as you can, then just let the plants do there things

16. Wk 5... Bottom pic, plants in the lower left & right corners are tied down toeard the middle.

Attached Files:

17. #37 GoldGrower, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    I have never done any testing but I doubt topping would slow maturation.

I never understood what people mean when they say their plants get shock from pruning, I have never experienced this. in my e experience plants carry on growing at the same rate.

the plant usually has the one main shoot growing up, if you snip that so you have 6 main branches all growing on an even plain then that's going to slow the height down by 6x to start with. but I would not consider this shock because the plant will still grow at the same rate

18. Nono ,miracle grow

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. The plant would be shocked, in this case, because its leaves have been cut, the plant was "attacked" and its going to divert its resources to the areas affected, which slow growth in other areas to heal the affected area. I may appear unaffected, which is a good thing, but it is stunted in the slightest. 

20. I'll stick to tie down. Got company this weekend, so next weekemd I'll build (try to) a flowering chamber. Taller than this grow box obviously.