Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Just wanted to say cheers for this guide, very useful [​IMG]

I've decided to try growing my own on a budget just to see how I get on. Rarely smoke these days as I never have a reliable source, so figured I'd try to have my own little stash grown as a nice Christmas treat for myself [​IMG]

I've got my sturdy cardboard box lined with reflective tape (£3), Lowryder Easy Rider seeds (£12 for 3, only growing 1), already had a timer for doing the 20/4 light schedule, bought 2 x 30w CFL bulbs (1 red/1 blue) for £10 off Ebay - might buy another of each after reading this guide though. Think Im about ready to go, still need soil (£4 local), ONA block (£10) and some PC fans but can start next week.

Thanks again

2. Curing is the tricky part. We'll see in about a week.

Attached Files:

3. Can sombody tell me is 9 23 watt cfls too much for 6 seedlings in red solo cups.

4. First time grower here, and have read everywhere that the more light the better. Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated. 🏻

5. It's all about trial and error. You gotta see what works for you. I'd say for a first time grower six plants will be a lot of responsibility. But if you're going to do it 9 CFLs should be plenty.

6. New grower here first plant, just entered 4th week of flower in a homemade box in my room

Attached Files:

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439086855.863972.jpg

Running 12 45 watt 5500 k cfls and a 200 watt cob led she is liking the cooler cfl for veg will switch back to the original 6 3500 k 23 watt cfl and add 6 2700k 18 watt bulbs
    Using 6 aluminum clamp reflectors with y splitters

8. Oh and have a floro for the 6500 l speck

9. This was from my first grow with cfls this was the main i had about 275 watts of cfls (actual watts) now i have more than that.

Attached Files:

10. I always found that i nice t 5 works much better then a cfl.

11. Can some one help me? I currently have two Pk plants growing under one 13w cfl bulb , theyre young plants , ones about 2 weeks and the other is a week . Theyre looking great . Im trying to keep both plants under 10inches (dealing with a small grow area) anyways should i upgrade my bulb ? get more ? This is my second grow but first under cfl ! Anything will help.

12. The more watts the better. Read the first few pages of this forum and you'll probably have a better understanding. I started with 13 then 23 watt.

13. Any advice on how to configure these lights for flowering?

Attached Files:

14. Looks good to me man!

15. Hey I live in australia and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my grow lights from because I'm confused as to what lights I need and who may stock then thank you :)

16. Bunnings, Masters, Coles, Woolworths, IGA, etc etc... You can pick up CFLs practically anywhere dude

17. Thanks bro all good I got some today thank you :)