Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. #2461 Pandamoanius, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    I figured out that we pay about .085 per kwh which will come out to around $25 extra per month if i ran 800 watts an hour for 12 hours for 30 days so 800 watts wont be any skyrocketing in my opinion. Im not worried about it honestly. Also anyone worried about the cost just do the math divide as many kwh's u use in total by the cost of your monthly electricity bill. Mine was around 1,800 kwh for last month. Anyways I think people get overly concerned with how much their bill will be at the end of the month. Theres no way your using up 100s of dollars in electricity from running a 1000 WATT hps for 12 hours a day at every other 30-40 days. ( also my kwh usage is a lil off dont have the bill infront of me for reference. And your bills might be calculated differently so just do the math.)

2. #2462 Pandamoanius, Mar 19, 2015
    Do the math bro. Even if that guys an electrician theres no way he knows the actual rates per kwh you pay. Either call your electricity company or on your next bill divide your kwh usage by your actual bill amount.

3. #2463 Pandamoanius, Mar 19, 2015
    Btw through out the month im using 1 tv a playstation a window unit an electric stove and dishwasher an electric washer and dryer a constantly running deep freezer and a regular mini refrigerator. Plus i have basically been running my near 400 watts of light on 24 hours and my last months bill was $160 and since it was cold we had to use 3 space heaters through the house. I highly doubt 200 more actual watts would increase my bill by much.

4. Volts multiplied Amps equals Watts...Don't believe me just watch. In my Bruno Mars voice

5. #2465 Pandamoanius, Mar 19, 2015
    So knowing the actual watt of my HID. The cost per kwh and the total cost of my monthly bill isnt enough to figure out how much a 600 watt light will cost per month? What does knowing volts x amps = watts do if i already know the actual amount of watts?

6. In my Missy Elliott voice "flip it and reverse it" 600w/Voltage=Amps(Current). Once you get that # insert it to you the original formula V*A=W. That # will be "actual watts". Then Actual Watts* # of hours used. That # will then be multiplied by whatever your Electric Company charges you per Kilowatt. ... I'm sure you're like WTF..but that's how you get the answer.

7. Doing the formula will let you know how much the Utility company will charge you. I just can't believe with a HPS bulb that your bill won't change much. Mine with only CFLs and T5s caused my to jump $30. And take note that the more yellow your bulb the more energy that is used.

8. oh i know there will be an increase but not but much in my opinion. Thanks for the extra info tho.

9. Yeah it won't be too much more, but certainly noticeable. Really though, it's not that hard to counteract by being smart with the rest of your electricity use throughout the house. Life is all about balance!

It really does make all the difference, but it looks like you've got a pretty good plant there. You can still LST during flowering, just really emphasize the "low stress" part so you don't mess anything up. I think you'll be fine either way though.

11. LA Confidential 4 weeks in. Gonna go 12/12 starting Saturday night. These are clones that I got from a local clinic, they didn't look like much when I first got them but they're turning out to be champs! I'm also going to do some LST because some of the lower branches look like the will hold some nice nugs.

On a side note, I've found that 2 plants are sufficient for my operation. Seems like with only 2 plants more light penetrates thru.

Attached Files:

12. The new incubator! Placing seeds in here before putting them into the operation room. This way I can identify if they are male or female before wasting time.

Attached Files:

13. #2477 Pandamoanius, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    how will you determine from seed? Or am i just confused? I dont really understand can u explain

14. Your males will have a bunch of pollen sacs. Starting inside the bottles will prevent time wasted in the grow room

15. I know how to tell the difference between male and female now but why would it be better to put them in the bottle than under a light for veg or are you saying they will show signs of sex quicker in the bottle?

16. I put them in the bottle so when the ones that are in the operation room now, are done....I can put the ones in the bottle in there. When you grow from seed you don't what you're going to get. So with this method if I need to toss it, I can and I won't have used resources...like nutrients & electricity. Also the bottle serves as green house, which keeps in the CO2. Lastly the Sun is always the best option. I can put the plants back in veg mode if need be once in the operation room.