Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Oh man I jumped the fun and totally missed that "harvest" part. Haha, sorry. Hell yea u can! Dries faster so u have to watch it so u don't miss that window to start curing. Hotter means faster dry and cure faster too 👍😄

Good luck!
    I meant jumped the gun.. Lol
    But will also depend on the strain cuz more dense bud need more time.

2. wht about light ? Doesnt thteffect curing ...

Sent from the Internet Everything you see is based of web searches

3. Yes it can cuz typically u wanna dry/cure some what slow but not like one month slow. Like 7-14 days slow. So make sure u watch ur Buds and when they feel dry to touch but still some moisture, u wanna start placing them in jars to bring back the freshness to the outside. Let the bud breath for 30 min or so and them close the jars back up and let them dry the outside again and then repeat over and over serval times a day for several days. The longer the process, they say the better the bud. I have done a total dry/cure in 8-10 days and have had the best bud ever!

4. I said that wrong. Open 30 min to dry out a lill and then seal back up to being back moisture to the outside of buds. Repeat several times a day for several days.

5. so keep the buds in jar when they are gettin air right?

Sent from the Internet Everything you see is based of web searches

6. http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-cure-buds

Check this out! U wil love it and find all u need to cure and anything else u need to grow weed. This gives a way better explantation than i ever could give.

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410221964.486779.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410221989.593888.jpg
    This 20 days into flowering. This is my first grow, how r they looking. I'm not sure if they look good or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Sorry just seen ur reply puffin, not sure how to link the website but ordered the t5s on Home Depot online store. They ended up being hydrafarm two foot lights

9. Thanks. Is there anything new I can introduce to increase flowering, or increase trichome production.

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I'm close to 30 days into flower and some hairs on a couple flowers r turning brown. What's the cause and what do I need to do

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Less is more. On my last operation I nuted too much and burnt the roots.

Rastafari Lives!

12. Week 3 or 4 (not sure) 6 plants still going strong. So far they all look like females. Although there seems to be one dominant plant in each pot.

Rastafari Lives!

Attached Files:

13. Send some pics

Rastafari Lives!

14. #2315 SteveoChicago, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some advice for a first time gardener. I need to know when to harvest my crop. I understand that it's best when the trichomes are 50/50 milky to milky brown. Also the hairs go from white to brown for the same 50/50 ratio. I threw these in the ground and now have 2 strains of who knows what. These photos are 11 days apart for the purple. Can anyone identify these? That might be a ridiculous question I know :)

When would you harvest these? I'm thinking a week from now.

Thanks,
    Steve

Attached Files:

15. \tI found this info to grow with leds, what do you think ?\tIlluminate your interior plant with LED lights2014-05-29

\tUse LED!The watts consumption destined in the interior harvests of marijuana tend to be a preoccupation with the people who plant these plants.
    The harvest with an artificial illumination will ensure a correct growth. Its usage is to help the flowering of cannabis plant in reduced spaces.
    [​IMG]
    <blockquote>“The lamps designated to the cultivation room with a high game HIP have always been the first elected option by the cultivators to use in the whole growth of the plants.”
    </blockquote>Nowadays, thanks to the technology advances, LED illumination has been introduced in the marijuana harvest. With this light, a 30%-40% of electrical consume is saved.
    The high quality LED lamps are nowadays available in the market, and are slowly replacing normal bulbs in the interiorplantations, thanks of its great results.
    We are going to explain you its principal advantages, and some inconvenient to help you to decide to use it in your harvests.
    \tTurn on the light![​IMG]
    \tLED: “little but efficient”Led Lamps light through the flow of electricity through a semi-driver material.
    [​IMG]In another hand, the conventional HIDbulbs burn the cables.
    This ensures the movement of the electrons and the production of lightwithout losing energy in warm way, as the traditional bulbs.
    \tYou should have into account:The requested lumens for the interiormarijuana cultivation are:
    <blockquote>To cultivate marijuana, you need 2.000 lumens x m2.
    </blockquote>This means that if you have a 0.50m x 0.50m of space, you should cover:
    0.50m x 0.50m= 0.25m2
    For 0.25 m2 you need:
    0.25m2 x 20000 lumens= 5000 lumens
    You will need 5000 lumens!!
    [​IMG]
    \tSave of energyLED lights use the electricity in a really efficient way to produce light. It is displayed, that the LED light has an efficient of150+ lumens for watt, whereas a normal lamp uses 100 efficient lumens for watt. This represents that some LEDsystems bring a 50% of energy save.
    \tExtend the useful lifeLED lights do not burn cables, for this reason its life is longer, with a 50.000-60.000 hours of duration
    [​IMG]
    \tHeat controlLED systems produce little heat, for this reason they can be established from 30-45cm of the cannabis plant, avoiding them the elongation.
    HID bulbs lose almost the 95% of the energy producing warm and radiation, for these reasons should be located from 60-90 cm above the plant.
    The variation of heat with LED is minimum; this means that you won't have to pay a refrigeration system.
    <blockquote>“However, if you cultivate in a cold place, LED would be an inconvenient because of the lack of heat. In this case, we recommend you to use a combination of LED and HID. “
    </blockquote>\tIntensity of this lightNow, the low intensity of this light is not a problem.
    The present LED with 5 diodes, are capable to produce enough intensity as the HID bulbs. Some LED have 10 watts, it makes them to be an excellent option to cultivate marijuana.
    [​IMG]
    \tLight and colours sourceThe high quality of LED has the necessary properties to cultivate cannabis plants.
    During the life cycle of cannabis plant is important to give it blue and red colour.
    The most LED placques used in indoor marijuana cultivation, have been designed with blue and red diodes with the finality of providing the needs of the cannabis plants.
    <blockquote>“Blue colour is perfect while the plant is growing, whereas red is for the flowering step.”
    Also, nowadays LED RGB has been created.
    </blockquote>This has a white light with a perfect balance between red, blue and yellow spectrums. These lights are working in the same way that the sun does, which indicates that this lights are the perfect option to cultivate these plants.
    \tInitial high costs…save in the futureThe principal inconvenient of high quality LED system is its elevate price.
    However, we know that all the technological products will make you save in the future
    Also, if we must have into account the save of energy and the long life of this product, then we will realize that the higher prize paid at the beginning will give you an intelligent strategy in your budget for your interior marijuana plantation.
    \tTop LED sales in 2013Now, we recommend you some LED lamps selection valued as the most efficient by its interior marijuana cultivators:
    • SolarStorm of California Lightworks Products
    • Diamond Series XML 10W CREE of Advanced LED Lights
    • 189X-PRO of LED Grow Lights
    • Magnum Plus2 of Magnum Plus

\tComments

16. This means that if you have a 0.50m x 0.50m of space, you should cover:
    0.50m x 0.50m= 0.25m2
    For 0.25 m2 you need:
    0.25m2 x 20000 lumens= 5000 lumens
    You will need 5000 lumens!!
    [​IMG]\tSave of energy
    LED lights use the electricity in a really efficient way to produce light. It is displayed, that the LED light has an efficient of150+ lumens for watt, whereas a normal lamp uses 100 efficient lumens for watt. This represents that some LEDsystems bring a 50% of energy save.\tExtend the useful life
    LED lights do not burn cables, for this reason its life is longer, with a 50.000-60.000 hours of duration
    [​IMG]\tHeat control
    LED systems produce little heat, for this reason they can be established from 30-45cm of the cannabis plant, avoiding them the elongation.
    HID bulbs lose almost the 95% of the energy producing warm and radiation, for these reasons should be located from 60-90 cm above the plant.
    The variation of heat with LED is minimum; this means that you won't have to pay a refrigeration system.
    \tIntensity of this light
    Now, the low intensity of this light is not a problem.
    The present LED with 5 diodes, are capable to produce enough intensity as the HID bulbs. Some LED have 10 watts, it makes them to be an excellent option to cultivate marijuana.
    [​IMG]\tLight and colours source
    The high quality of LED has the necessary properties to cultivate cannabis plants.
    During the life cycle of cannabis plant is important to give it blue and red colour.
    The most LED placques used in indoor marijuana cultivation, have been designed with blue and red diodes with the finality of providing the needs of the cannabis plants.
    This has a white light with a perfect balance between red, blue and yellow spectrums. These lights are working in the same way that the sun does, which indicates that this lights are the perfect option to cultivate these plants.\tInitial high costs…save in the future
    The principal inconvenient of high quality LED system is its elevate price.
    However, we know that all the technological products will make you save in the future.
    Also, if we must have into account the save of energy and the long life of this product, then we will realize that the higher prize paid at the beginning will give you an intelligent strategy in your budget for your interior marijuana plantation.\tTop LED sales in 2013
    Now, we recommend you some LED lamps selection valued as the most efficient by its interior marijuana cultivators:
    • SolarStorm of California Lightworks Products
    • Diamond Series XML 10W CREE of Advanced LED Lights
    • 189X-PRO of LED Grow Lights
    • Magnum Plus2 of Magnum Plus

\tComments
    </blockquote>
    I have 2 LEDs in my op. Not sure I want to spend that type of bread on a whole new set up. If it were a job maybe but not for a hobby

Rastafari Lives!

17. #2318 BanjoMitch, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    Geez why don't you promote LEDs a little bit more. Without side by side empirical evidence backed by multiple grows using the exact same plant(i.e. clones from the same plant) there's no possible way to prove they are any better than HID and they are certainly more expensive.
    Also you're posting in a thread for cfl grows. Had nothing to do with LED. Try your sales pitch in a diff thread.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

18. Week 6 with these girls...moving along quite nice. 6 plants total

Rastafari Lives!

Attached Files:

19. My First Grow And I Need Advice On How To Mix My Fox Farm Trio!!! Do I Mix It All In The Same Gallon, Or Do I Mix Each Nutrient In Its Own Gallon??? I've Been On YouTube But Everyone Has A Different Method!!! I'm Really Confused Can Someone Help Me?????