Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Well I'm not to concerned with energy consumption. Also I wouldn't be running the HPS 18 hours only around 12 because I'm using it for flowering. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Alright perfect that's what I was thinking I have 4 available sockets I was planning on running with the HPS. And I have the regular 2400k soft white cfls to put on the sides and what not. Once I get to flower and everything set up ill post a pic. I'm getting ready to start lst. The 3rd nodes are just showing. Should I top if I'm going to lst? Or is that redundant? I was going to do both but don't want any unnecessary stress.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405190034.149009.jpg

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this bulb being used?? 400 watt HPS only $30 and fits a normal socket?!

4. Scratch that it's actually 1000 watt! Idk this sounds to damn good to be true? Someone please help?

5. #2245 NGP, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014

Well you need a light and ballast to run those, you don't just buy the bulb. I think perhaps you're assuming you can take one of thos bulbs and stick it into a household light socket. It doesn't work like that (it also doesn't fit, for a reason). You need to buy an HPS light setup which consists of a hood, ballast and bulb. Since you're on Amazon, this for instance...would be a deal on a 400w light setup. This one includes both the MH and HPS 400w bulbs, the wing hood and a digital ballast, for just over $100 and that's a good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK400GW19-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B004YXDHX6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405192539&sr=8-1&keywords=400w+HPS+apollo

6. Ah gotcha I was wondering that. Thanks for setting me straight. Hmm well I guess I got a decision to make!

7. I'm getting the 600w HPS setup. What is a good number of plants to put under it and still maximize yield? I was hoping to get 4-6 under it but am afraid that's to many.

8. If you haven't already, Mylar the space and this will increase your yield. In my experience, plant size has a very big role in how many you can place under. Set the light up and see what the foot print looks like. Then try to keep the plants as close as possible (with out burning) the light.

4 shouldn't be an issue, unless you veg for ever and have monsters.

PEACe

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. Just found this thread and this is my first grow so here is my one cfl lady ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406037992.571445.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406038012.849395.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406038031.439822.jpg

Sent from shangrila

10. Saved for reference

11. Looks pretty healthy, nice job!

You can do 4-6 under 600w HPS just fine.

13. I cheaper out and ended up going with the 400w so I'm going to stick with 2 under it untill I get up enough to get a second one hopefully 1000w then I can use 400 for veg and 1000 for flower! That will be a harvest or 2 away tho. I've currently just got one under the 400MH and she's growing like crazy!!

14. cool throw up some pics when you get your light and grow all setup

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406257717.365481.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406257727.364596.jpg

These pics are from the 18th day from seed! Got my Mylar and light yesterday! It's looking great I think!!

16. Still waiting on my female seeds to arrive. The one in the pics is a bag seed. Sort of unknown but for my first grow it is a good test subject to learn on.

17. This is my first time using a propagation kit for clones...the unit pictured will be under a T-5 setup and will be approx 6in away from the TOP of the dome. The dome has a vent at the top and I will be making new cuttings tonight and leaving them under the dome with a times drop system. My question is what shoul I set the vent at? Open? Closed? Halfway? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406263277.508522.jpg

18. Would three CFL's be too much for a sprout? 😂 it sounds crazy I know, I'm jut curious. One is a big CFL that replaces the 100w the two smaller ones are a 5000k Silvania Full Spectrum and the other is a regular 6500k daylight 13w.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406343378.565415.jpg

19. So I'm three weeks into flower and the leaves at the top of my plant are starting to curl under I'm using two 2700 cfl's above my plant and one on either side three day water cycle nutes day one, ph balanced water on day two, and day three to dry out. Can any one tell me what's going on I hope while I was away working my wife just over watered ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406388060.382201.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406388072.522067.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406388086.602121.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406388104.369098.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406388118.421742.jpg

Sent from shangrila

20. You can never have too much light. Too much heat is possible, but if you can control that then you can use as many lights as you want.

That looks and sounds like nute burn and/or overwatering. Are you positive the soil is dry every 3rd day? And I mean dry, those roots need oxygen. Also, how strong is your feed solution? What are you feeding? What is the soil? How big is the pot? There are a lot of variables in soil, but without knowing anything it definitely looks like you've overloved your plant. I never had to feed or water that often. I know it helps to have a set schedule, but I find the best way to attend to your plant is to monitor it and "listen" to it. She'll tell you when she needs food or water, and it might not follow your schedule.