Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Update..first week of flowering

Attached Files:

2. Going back to the misting question of why....add 2 tablespoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide per quart will help knock down mold in places that are humid.

3. I think I am going to try that because my sticks I'm using to LST are getting mold @ the bottom near the soil.

4. Topped them and they are still reaching for the stars

Attached Files:

5. Does anyone know if it is safe to bring my plants outside and use the sun during the day, but then bring them inside at night and use CFL lighting? The temperature outside and inside is almost equal at the moment but I am scared that changing the light source will be bad for my plants. Please help me out. Peace

6. I do it all the time especially when acclimating plants started indoors for an outdoor grow. If you have other plants that don't go outside you need to be careful about bringing in outdoor bugs inside.

7. Thanks that's good news. Can going from sunlight to artificial light cause any problems like hermaphrodites though?

8. I`ve never had it happen and we have been growing outdoors for 6 years now. We start all our outdoor plants indoors and until their ready to go in the ground they go outside during the day. Out of probably 150 total plants grown over the years we had one plant partially hermie but that happened late in flowering. It was weird just one short branch near the top of the plant hermied while the rest of the plant stayed female. The most common causes of plants going hermie are either grower mistakes stressing the plant or unstable genetics.

9. @[member="tplat"]...
    One of three plants is shorter than the other two. It's a short bush to be exact. What do you think about me putting that one outside? The other two are becoming rather large and I want to yield as much as possible?

10. Go for it it cant hurt. just keep an eye out for bugs and try not to bring some back in.

11. I want to keep it outside permanently. You think that's cool?

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. And these little white hairs started sprouting up...any idea what this is?

Attached Files:

13. Those white hairs are how you tale a female plant from a male plant. If your going to put them outdoors you want to take about 2 weeks acclimating them to the outdoor environment. Before you do that how many hours of light are they getting total right now? To big of a drop in light hours from indoors to outdoors can cause your plants to start flowering to early then as the days get longer and closer to 16hrs long they can reveg, some reveg just fine and some kind of like get stuck in between a veg and flower cycle and look fugly. It can also increase the chances of your plants going hermie on you. When I start plants indoors to put outdoors I run them from the start on a 16hr light schedule so when I put them outside they have less of a chance of going in to flowering to early. If they were on a 18hr or 24hr light schedule and I plant them outside now with a little less then 14hrs of daylight they would go into flowering to early. Even at 14hrs of daylight they can go into flowering early if the drop in light hours from indoors to outdoors is a decent amount like 4-6 hours.

14. I'm gonna fall back on that idea of the putting that one outside. I live near the coast and it gets rather cold @ night. Temp drops 10 degrees between 4-7 PM everyday. More after that. I think I need to start outside from the jump b/c of shock purposes.

15. What do your night time temps get down to? To cold and they can get stunted or the growth rate will be really slow and can result in less bud production.

16. Low 50s. Inside the operation room. No colder than 65. I don't want to shock it. The reason for the sudden drop so fast is because of the 2 story house in the direction of the Sun. Plus is would only get 6 hours of direct sunlight.

17. That's starting to get down there for night time temps. I wouldn't go any lower then that.

18. Can anyone help me? Its day 4 and still wont open fully any ideas its up 2 23watt cfl =100watts each 24/24 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398630106.679999.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398630167.601337.jpg

19. For starters get rid of the aluminum foil also your actually only running 46 watts of light. When using cfl lighting you go by the actual watts of electricity used not what there equivalent to. How high above the seedling is your light and are you letting the soil dry out some in between waterings?

20. The lights at about 2 inches above the light and yes i didnt water properly at the start so it was never really damp so i watered it 2 days ago ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398630881.077191.jpg