Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

qwiso from kief less shake

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dingking, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Hey guys

Ive been without my (only) source of sugar trim now for about a month now and my last run of earwaxy goodness has just vanished...no idea how :smoke:

Anyway, I just remembered about some kiefless shake that I had been sitting in my freezer. So necessity drove me to try and turn this into a smokable product. As many of you very well maybe asking yourselves right now, "what is kiefless shake?" I shalen't make ye wait much longer.

On my previous 4 oz batch of orange crush sugar trim I did a simple dry ice kief shake. I placed the trim and small chunks of dry ice into a taller tubberware container which was covered with some incredibly sexy XXL sheer pantyhose. I shook upside down for 1 minute over a clean glass table which collected the approximately 28g of both blonde kief and greener "kief". I took this mixed kief and a couple small buds for spacing and pulled what finalized as 7.1 grams of some strong, waxy/crumbly, not too flavorful bho. The processed kief less trim was then decarbed at 220F for 25 mins.

SO. That is the kiefless shake I'll be trying to wring the final remaining actives from. After letting a litre of 91% iso chill in the freezer, I set up my station. I had a heated double boiler setup for purge with strong ventilation, a ss cocktail shaker that had been frozen, a primary filter consisting of a mesh kitchen strainer lined with double layered cheesecloth, and a secondary unbleached coffee filter.

I bet you can guess the procedure from here more or less. combine trim and iso, shake for 30 seconds, and pour through the primary filter. then filter through the coffee filter straight onto the pyrex in the double boiler setup. This litre of iso took its sweet time evaporating, about 3 hours, and what i was left with a darker colored taffy like consistency, which scraped up nicely. The smoke was mainly body with excellant muscle relaxing properties. However, this stuff just doesn't taste very good. Im leaning towards blaming the decarbing.

I'm very interested in your suggestions as to winterizing or cleaning it up at all for dabbing. I am also quite interested in some guesses as to the active components levels in this stuff (which started as sugar trim with its kief removed).

Thanks kindly :hello:

Attached Files:

2. I would get the same stuff when i did reclaim runs. It's ok stuff the taste is because it's not fully purged but that's hard to do without burning it which leads to the dark color. Qwiso if done right comes out as almost kief like.

3. I sampled as dabs the last few days on TI and if I kept the temp of the nail lower, it didn't taste as harsh, but still very grassy and not very enjoyable. However, the overall effects are still somewhat potent, more so as a body high/muscle relaxant and not as cerebral. It did knock me to sleep after 5/6 dabs over the course of an hour.

I also sampled orally (3/4 dabs worth stuffed into a half emptied saw palmetto gelatin), which provided similar effects but with a later onset (~90 minutes in). I would love to get this stuff dabbable. I need it to last me until I can source some trim in my area (chicagoland). Any body wanna post up on how much they pay for decent sugar trim?

Tonight I'm gonna mix in 10:1 ratio with 190 everclear in a water bath until homogenized and throw it in the freezer over night. I plan on filtering and purging. My guess is that low and slow will be my best bet in evaporating off the everclear, suggestions?

I'll post some pics of the finalized product.

4. Sounds like a good plan. low and slow is best you can always go up but you can't go back down.